Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you mean that Edwards' balance is more important than having strength?

He looks to be easily dispossessed and not all that exciting.

Winks is the youngster I've been impressed by.

I believe balance will get you a lot further than having strength. Yes.

Edwards is 18. He's 3 years younger than Winks yet on the cusp of the first team. 3 years ago Winks hadn't even been talked about and Pochettino was Southampton manager.

Anyway this is the Onomah thread and we can all pretty much agree he's looking like a nothing player right now.

As a number 8 I presume?

not sure mate but it looks like it. here's the team:

1 Freddie Woodman (Newcastle),
2 Jonjoe Kenny (Everton),
3 Callum Connolly (Everton),
4 Lewis Cook (Bournemouth),
5 Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea),
6 Jake Clarke-Salter (Chelsea),
7 Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur),
9 Adam Armstrong (Newcastle),
10 Dominic Solanke (Chelsea),
16 Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton),
18 Kieran Dowell (Everton)

Wonder if we will see him fill in at the CM position next season in the Winks/Dembele position rather than as an AM. I think it may suit him better, but maybe Poch doesn't trust him positionally / defensively enough yet to put him there.

Great power and strength. Picked the right passes too. Should have had 2 or 3 assists

Sadly that advantage is wiped out when playing senior teams. He'd simply bounce off a player like Big Vic, Yaya and a lot of midtablers cloggers

He struggles to establish a presence when he plays for our first team. I hope im proven wrong and that he's a success, but I'll be shocked if he's still with us when we enter the new gaff.

Sadly that advantage is wiped out when playing senior teams. He'd simply bounce off a player like Big Vic, Yaya and a lot of midtablers cloggers

He struggles to establish a presence when he plays for our first team. I hope im proven wrong and that he's a success, but I'll be shocked if he's still with us when we enter the new gaff.

Guy, he's 19 years old. 6'1 183 pounds.

Surely he's not fully matured yet.

I also don't think he'll make it at our level, but I hope I'm wrong and I may be because he is very young still. I'm not sure what kind of player he is yet, what his game is, he seems to have bits like a few of our players but nothing all that distinct where you can say for sure what he brings to the table. At the moment. We'll see.

I also don't think he'll make it at our level, but I hope I'm wrong and I may be because he is very young still. I'm not sure what kind of player he is yet, what his game is, he seems to have bits like a few of our players but nothing all that distinct where you can say for sure what he brings to the table. At the moment. We'll see.

Indeed. As per above shocked about his physical stats, but in some ways makes it even more worrying that that doesn't translate to 'presence' on the pitch.

He hasn't impressed me either during the cameos as an AM for us, due to his lack of offensive sharpness, but that can probably be quite easily explained by the fact that he's more of a CM/DCM-style player and not an attacking mid.

I am rarely impressed by youtube highlight reels or U20-performances, but I have to say that performance against Argentina seemed top class. His style probably relies on being stronger/a better athlete than his opponents, which is probably why he'll need to grow up a bit more and add some more muscles before really impressing for us.

Give him some time, learning from Dembele and Wanyama and Dier, and he'll become magnificent.

Back
Top Bottom