Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some interesting bits there thanks

Josh is a very strong swimmer & keen baker with soufflé & almond tart as his signature dishes.

He often compares himself to an angry giraffe on the pitch & a agitated goldfish off it , joking " Antiques .... They don't make them like they used to! "

His hobbies include tutting at tattoos , train spotting & spotting copies of train spotting in dvd stores, his favorite colour is an anemic green

sLQvNdH.jpg

The regular youth watchers, and those of us who've seen a few international and Academy games over the years, know that Josh Onomah is a very talented central midfielder, who can break the lines and pick a pass.

There's a reason why Scott Parker, who was inside our club as an Academy coach, targeted Josh as the player he wanted as part of the Sessegnon deal over, it seems, any other of our young prospects.

If he can get past the injuries that plagued him during his loan spells, then Onomah has a very high potential ceiling, definitely top half PL CM.

That said, I think I understand why Poch has developed CMs like Winks and Skipp over Onomah, who only ever seemed to get picked as a wide midfielder, which he categorically is not.

Both Winks and Skipp, who I like and rate as players, are good, tidy, quick passers of the ball, and they're tenacious and disciplined. Skipp was fantastic in pre-season, and showed great spirit and dynamism. I'm more than happy with them as our C/DM options, as Victor is sadly crocked and Dier will be much more effective when he drops back into a defensive role.

At this point, Josh is not dynamic. He's not a Winks/Skipp CM type, and he doesn't have the defensive discipline without the ball that those players have.

Also, as he's adapted to men's football, too often Josh has seemed to be waiting for things to happen, rather than helping to make them happen. But when he was 17-18, he would dominate Academy games.

I think the move to Fulham, under a coach in Parker who clearly wants him to fulfil his potential, is a good one.

And I hope Josh Onomah develops into the player many of us, including the late lamented Ugo Ehiogu, though he would become.

The last top class CM to escape our Academy and become a dominant talent was Graeme Souness.

Josh is a very different type of player, and he's - ahem -not nearly as aggresssive/dirty. But who knows, eh? I'll follow his career with interest, and I hope he makes it. :levywhoa:

Team Tanguy

Each Baz like = I give him a call <3
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...am-chance-by-mauricio-pochettino-9914687.html

Tottenham youngsters Harry Winks and Josh Onomah are set to be given first-team chances against Besiktas tomorrow night.

With both sides safely through to the knockout stages of the Europa League, Spurs head coach Mauricio Pochettino has vowed to rest some of his key men and both Winks, 18, and Onomah, 17, have been named in the travelling squad for Istanbul.

Excited about this.

Bit more about him from Reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/2cfct7/youth_watch_josh_pogba_onomah/

Back
Top Bottom