Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice goal. He must be on cloud nine right now. He's played in our last three games. Coming off the bench with an impressive cameo against Aston Villa and having a part in the goal. Coming off the bench against Anderlecht and playing a part in the winner and then coming on late in a North London Derby. Topping it off with a goal for his country.

Can't wait to see more of him.

I thought he looked very good yesterday. Surpised no one commented on this thread. He had one play in the corner that he nutmegged the defender to put Clinton with a free path to goal, but Clinton was offside unfortunately. Lovely piece of skill. Really promising signs.

Reminds me when I first saw Alli play and almost immediately with a few touches you can tell that he is special. He was very good last night, and I think earned some more playing time. The only issue with him is the number of players we have of quality ahead of him and I still can't grasp what his best position would be?

Reminds me when I first saw Alli play and almost immediately with a few touches you can tell that he is special. He was very good last night, and I think earned some more playing time. The only issue with him is the number of players we have of quality ahead of him and I still can't grasp what his best position would be?
He'll be the 10, with Alli flying from deep over his shoulder, and Oduwa flanking him on the wing.

He'll be the 10, with Alli flying from deep over his shoulder, and Oduwa flanking him on the wing.
excited-gif22.gif

Loved this so much I had to make a gif of it. He's actually quite a big kid Josh. Wait till he beefs up he will be a beast.

There was a play last night where Lamela played him into space. At first look, it seemed Lamela played the pass to heavy, but Onomah had this boost of speed that came out of nowhere and ended up making a darting run into the box.

Very impressive stuff from a youngster.

I am very excited about Josh. A loan to someone like Norwich for the rest of the season would be lovely. ONLY if he's a starter. If that can't be guaranteed, keep and give minutes.

Can see him being a very influential player from next season onwards.

Loving the academy talent coming through. Winks, Oduwa, Onomah, Carter-Vickers...

...the future is so Lilywhite.

Not sure why praising one of our players needs to lead to slating another? He certianly isn't a starter considering other player's form at the moment but still Chadli is a good player to have. He is a goal threat and when he is on form he is very good.

Not slating anyone.

It was said with tongue in cheek, but I can justify it.

Chadli hasn't been at his best for a while (before his injury). There's only ever gonna be a finite amount of space for for attacking midfielders in our squad. So you have to say that if anyone was gonna have to go at the moment (other than Townsend, which is a given) then it would be Chadli.

If we want to improve as a team (which we'll have to do if we want to be competing for trophies consistently) then we have to look at improving the players we've got along with buying players who are better than our current squad. Unfortunately i don't think Chadli is consistent enough. The same way i don't think there is room in the team for Mason long term. These are good squad players, who've offered a lot to the team in the last couple of years but I cant let emotional attachment cloud the fact that there are better and more consistent players out there / potentially being developed in our youth teams.

Back
Top Bottom