Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not entirely convinced his ego can be damaged by anything.

giphy.gif

But I am a bit excited.
I've got Winksy in the "José's First Scapegoat" sweep

He's just spent the first 2 mins in his first interview bigging up the squad and the academy, which many seemed to have lapped up, then when a story breaks there is no funds for him to spend there is surprise and confusion.

He is just meeting and talking to Spurs players for the first time - what else is he going to say pulicaly but they are a great squad. He is not going to say they are rubbish if he wants to motivate them.

And the story about their being no funds is leaked for the same reason.

But there will be some new arrivals in January when Jose has decided who is willing to stay and fight to get a top 4 place this sesson, and who needs replacing.

Might take a few weeks for that news to leak out though !

I will only call him our saviour if he saves our season . And Mourinho has allegedly already said he doesn't need to spend big in January . Has Levy tamed him already ?

So much to take in and reflect upon from the last 24 hours. Key thing was to be swift and effective if the Board were to make a decision, and they’ve done that well. Not much time to dwell on Poch and get too emotional. Gutted for him and his team who have invested so much into our club. God knows what is going to happen with Jose but day 1 has gone well: staff chosen, straight in with the players, excellent first interview.

Looking forward to Saturday as always.

Fuck Spam.

Wtf are you on about?

Such a weirdo
You’re sitting here trying to make out that Poch didn’t create a mess on the basis that Jose came to us.
Well considering the completely shit PL form since January and losing the dressing room, I can only assume you think he joined due to our CL campaign.

Or......you think things have been good? Maybe that’s it.

Last edited:
Without wanting to be a fanny, it's pretty much the same in any other high profile position.

Would you want Poch going up to Kane, giving him a hug and saying 'I want you at my next team'? It would give him the change to put the boot in and potentially unsettle a few players.

You're being a fanny, it's not like he probably doesn't have all their fucking phone numbers...he's not walking straight in to a new job. Lol@tapping up in modern day football tbh. If any of them really really love him they'll uproot their families to wherever the fuck Poch ends up.

From a human perspective, getting the boot without even getting to say goodbye in person to a load of people you worked with every day is shitty.

At Manu Mourhino got 59% wins and 22% drass - which works out to be about 2 points a game - with probably a worse squad than Spurs have got atm.

Add in a couple of new players coming in January, and it suddenly looks possible.

Possible, of course.

Realistic, not really. Considering the form we are in at the moment, Jose will need the rest of the season to get the squad back up and running.

I’d see us getting sixth, which would be an excellent way of steadying the ship.

We were a shambles at the end of last season and we got top 4 with 71 points. We have 14 points at the moment, so would need 56 points from the remaining 26, averaging more than 2 points a game.

So, we'd need to be performing to about the standard that City are at the moment, for the rest of the season.

Just don't see any way that is realistic.
Well if you put it like that... Does sound grim.... 😭

Supposing this is true, Jose would not have taken the job not knowing this. So if it is true, it means he feels he can achieve his (and the club's) objectives for the year without signing anyone in January.

I personally think funds will available but I know fuck all.
I for one would be truly shocked if the club promised the manager money to spend but then let him down. Not on your nelly!

I will only call him our saviour if he saves our season . And Mourinho has allegedly already said he doesn't need to spend big in January . Has Levy tamed him already ?
He can really do miracles the bald parasite :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom