Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're not getting Top 4. Chelsea and Leicester will not give up enough points for us to get near. We'd have to win pretty much every game.

I appreciate that people are excited but we've been *fucking awful* for months and he can't turn that around instantaneously.
11 points is not that huge of a gap at all really. Teams could slip and lose at any time and change their fortunes. A bit hyperbolic to say we'd have to win pretty much very game, that means Chelsea and Leicester would both be ending their season with record breaking points tallies. Greater points deficits have been reversed in past seasons.

Never lost more than 20% of the games he's been in charge of:

_109760497_mourinho.png

He's just spent the first 2 mins in his first interview bigging up the squad and the academy, which many seemed to have lapped up, then when a story breaks there is no funds for him to spend there is surprise and confusion.

Seems reasonable to ask whether giving Poch the 20M needed to get rid of him plus the additional 20M-ish that Mourinho is earning above what Poch was making would be a better use of the funds.

Let alone whether that could have been made available two summers ago.

Is the plan REALLY that Mourinho plus tepid investment equals genuine Top 4 contention? That the problem was just Poch? And that Mourinho happily scrapping for 4th with an under-strength side is a sustainable equilibrium?

Fantasy, IMO.

I think anyone outside the drama queens will back Jose, it's just some, like myself question the appointment. Did we do our homework and find he was the best candidate? Has this been going on for some time in the background and possibly unsettling Poch and the squad.

And what made Jose the number one candidate? What he did years ago? What made him a better option than the likes of Ten Haag or Nagelman, especially Ten Haag.

We support Spurs, not the players, not the manager, not the chairman, we support Spurs.

But we need to know the best options are being taken for the right reasons.

ten Haag is over rated in my opinion. Even poch out witted him tactically last season. He had absolutely no answers to our second half performance in the second leg. He inherited a once in a generation young squad but they looked out of ideas when it really mattered last year

Never lost more than 20% of the games he's been in charge of:

_109760497_mourinho.png
He is certainly a great coach. You may like it or not, but it is a great blow. It is the type of coach that makes you understand that the company wants to do something concrete to improve.

He knows the PL very well: for example Allegri would have been at the first experience in PL with the championship started. A bet

I think that Allegri will go to Manchester United with Mario. Mandzukic (as a locker room insider)

A bit hyperbolic to say we'd have to win pretty much very game

We were a shambles at the end of last season and we got top 4 with 71 points. We have 14 points at the moment, so would need 56 points from the remaining 26, averaging more than 2 points a game.

So, we'd need to be performing to about the standard that City are at the moment, for the rest of the season.

Just don't see any way that is realistic.

To mark the appointment of Jose Mourinho, here is a compilation of his greatest moments. I hope this gets you all in the mood for what will hopefully be an exciting, ENTERTAINING and most importantly a successful term!

Back
Top Bottom