Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino was dismissed by the chairman, Daniel Levy, in a face-to-face meeting at the training ground on Tuesday. He did not have the chance to say goodbye to his players.

If that's true, that's pretty fucking horrible tbh.

Without wanting to be a fanny, it's pretty much the same in any other high profile position.

Would you want Poch going up to Kane, giving him a hug and saying 'I want you at my next team'? It would give him the change to put the boot in and potentially unsettle a few players.

ten Haag is over rated in my opinion. Even poch out witted him tactically last season. He had absolutely no answers to our second half performance in the second leg. He inherited a once in a generation young squad but they looked out of ideas when it really mattered last year

Agree with this - anyone remember Frank De Boer? Won a few titles with Ajax only to flop at both Palace and Inter.

Ajax's set up is so good and they are always top 3 in Holland that it has a tendency to make a lot of their managers look better than they actually are.

Not saying that ten Haag isnt or wont be good but I wouldnt take last season as the basis to think he should be our manager instead of Mourinho

Of course it’s a mess.....we’re 14th

Sure. Mourinho could do brilliantly and still wind up 5th. But I think we would be smart enough to recognize that he turned the tide in that scenario.

My point is that the attitude appears to be that we have the squad to make that turn right this moment.

We aren't as shit as we've looked, but to be back performing at the level of prior years? I have my doubts.

ten Haag is over rated in my opinion. Even poch out witted him tactically last season. He had absolutely no answers to our second half performance in the second leg. He inherited a once in a generation young squad but they looked out of ideas when it really mattered last year

Did Poch out wit him? Lumping the ball to Llorente? The first leg at NWHL and the the first half in Amsterdam we were second best to Ajax. Considering the devastating way Ajax went out to us they have regrouped and are having another very good season despite losing Deligt and Dejong. That is credit to TenHaag. How did Poch react to losing the final? It all gone tits up this season

I get that, which is why this appointment has very little to do with football...and being a football supporter, that's why its upsetting me so.

The trouble began mostly at United because Mr. Bus didn't like his back line and couldn't get the funds to rebuild it. What is there to like about our back line? Fuck all. And Mourinho has never been one to make players better, he just opens the wallet. Well, Levy's got a smaller wallet than anywhere he's been in 20 years and it mostly stays shut.

This is going to be a disastrous 20 months that end with Harry and Dele fucking off, Son requesting SK reassess his national service exemption, and Hugo staying half pissed the for the whole saga.

Very specific and easy to refer back to.

Sure. Mourinho could do brilliantly and still wind up 5th. But I think we would be smart enough to recognize that he turned the tide in that scenario.

My point is that the attitude appears to be that we have the squad to make that turn right this moment.

We aren't as shit as we've looked, but to be back performing at the level of prior years? I have my doubts.

He is going to have to build his team, but I fully expect us to see the quality return to the squad.
It was clear they had given up on Poch and had no belief in his ways anymore.

Right or wrong, I don’t really care. I think we will see an immediate upswing and because we know the quality of these players and manager we won’t have to worry about it being temporary.

Too many people got all caught up in the candy floss miracle bullshit and decided the whole squad was mid table. Utter nonsense

Interesting take
that article was guest written by freelancer Seb Stafford-Bloor, Spurs fan who used to be third whee on the Rule The Roost podcast for a couple of seasons.
Win four games on the spin and it will be a wankfest and how much Jose means to the PL.
They sold their souls to Skysports, didn’t they?
They’ve not been owned by Sky for years

We were a shambles at the end of last season and we got top 4 with 71 points. We have 14 points at the moment, so would need 56 points from the remaining 26, averaging more than 2 points a game.

So, we'd need to be performing to about the standard that City are at the moment, for the rest of the season.

Just don't see any way that is realistic.

At Manu Mourhino got 59% wins and 22% drass - which works out to be about 2 points a game - with probably a worse squad than Spurs have got atm.

Add in a couple of new players coming in January, and it suddenly looks possible.

Poch out witted him?

3-0 until he played Wimbledon style football that paid off after 6 minutes of injury time.
After they forced saves from Lloris and hit the post.
For the other 135 minute Poch was massively out thought by Ten Haag.
And looked out of ideas?? Where to start with that one.

He is going to have to build his team, but I fully expect us to see the quality return to the squad.
It was clear they had given up on Poch and had no belief in his ways anymore.

Right or wrong, I don’t really care. I think we will see an immediate upswing and because we know the quality of these players and manager we won’t have to worry about it being temporary.

Too many people got all caught up in the candy floss miracle bullshit and decided the whole squad was mid table. Utter nonsense

I doubt he would have joined if he didn’t think we already had the players to succeed.

Obviously he’ll make changes (forced or otherwise), but certainly for the rest of the season we have enough talent.

Looking forward to seeing his first line-up.

A Mourinho whose ego has no doubt been hurt by all the slander post Chelsea and United.
I'm not entirely convinced his ego can be damaged by anything.

giphy.gif

But I am a bit excited.

Back
Top Bottom