Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's expected to catch up to Chelsea and Leicester who's 12 points over us already? Unless they fall flat on their asses I think it's mental to expect a UCL spot for next season.

From the 2020/21 season, however, we should demand that like before.

Expect, no. But we absolutely should be aiming for it. It's only the begining of November, we get a bounce out of the new manager and start winning right away then why shouldn't we catch up? Especially when you consider we haven't played Chelsea yet. Win both of our games against them which is very doable given he is their ex manager up against his ex-player and we are only 6 points behind them. I am not saying we will get top four, but I am certain we will try to get it and I reckon we have a fair opportunity to do it.

“Kyle Walker-Peters, I know what you did last summer.”

giphy.gif

Tottenham and Jose Mourinho are trying to lure Lille sporting director Luis Campos to the club, sources have told ESPN FC.
Campos and Mourinho are close friends having worked together at Real Madrid and the Portuguese manager is very keen to hire the former Monaco sporting director at Tottenham.

The pair have remained in close contact, with Mourinho regularly watching Lille at Campos' request.
After joining Monaco in 2013, Campos recruited Bernardo Silva, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Benjamin Mendy and Fabinho before selling them for large profits.
He then joined Lille in 2016 and has been key in finding unknown gems including Rafael Leao, Nicolas Pepe and Zeki Celik whose arrival has coincided with the team returning to the Champions League.

Expect, no. But we absolutely should be aiming for it. It's only the begining of November, we get a bounce out of the new manager and start winning right away then why shouldn't we catch up? Especially when you consider we haven't played Chelsea yet. Win both of our games against them which is very doable given he is their ex manager up against his ex-player and we are only 6 points behind them. I am not saying we will get top four, but I am certain we will try to get it and I reckon we have a fair opportunity to do it.

Oh absolutely, no disagreement from me there. We are still in shout to get it. Put in a shift, find form and get some luck from other teams and our season might not look so bad after all in the end. But the only reason I responded was due to that "expect".

Our team wouldn't be 11/4 on bookies to make top 4 if that was the case so I find it arrogant to expect Mourinho to achieve that. So if he gives us really good results but Chelsea and Leicester are just as good until May, we should sack him for a tragic 4-month spell he wasn't even apart of? Mental if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom