Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was so hopeful when we signed Jose.

I backed him to deliver us success in his first full year, but seeing the body language of the players in the 2nd half against Manure, suggests to me he has to go.

I don't think he is alone in blame, by the way. We are carrying a few players that should go as well.

As a supporter, I haven't felt so disillusioned in many years.

The emotions of Spurs fans in the last 24 hours

News Breaks of Pochettino being sacked

giphy.gif

News filters through of Pochettino’s staff all going with him, meaning we have no senior figures at the club for Westham

giphy.gif

Sky sports news breaks that we are in talks with Mourinho

giphy.gif

Tottenham Official announces we have just appointed Mourinho

giphy.gif

Watching all the Mourinho commentary I can tell you exactly what he did for his eleven months in the wilderness: cognitive behavioural therapy and yoga.

He looked like a wreck at Manchester United, it’s clear something was unravelling.

A good shrink, some hippie shit, and green vegetables will get you right back in the game.
The Enlightened One
u9TWCor.png

I'll get my coat sorry

Just like Pochettino was the perfect manager five years ago for our young, pacey, athletic, and relentless squad, Mourinho feels like a great fit for a squad coming into proverbial footballing middle age.

It‘s tough to keep up the intensity that a Pochettino side played at forever both mentally and physically. You could see that the last few years Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Rose, Toby, Dembele, Vertonghen, etc weren’t quite capable of maintaining that relentless tempo. Just look at how much better Kane looks after being able to take a few months break with the COVID league suspension.

I also think the Spurs/Pochettino never win trophies thing got into their heads a little bit.

With Mourinho, you bring in a manager who has clearly focused on mentality/winning and we know is a pragmatic manager. We will never be as scintillating as we were three or four years ago under Poch, but we simply don’t have the squad with the legs to do that anymore.

If Mourinho still has it, he really should be able to bring this squad trophies. It’s a now very experienced bunch who have played and won numerous huge games, but just come up slightly short. The hope is that Mourinho has the experience, nous, and that little bit of black magic to push them over the hump.

Last edited:
I think you forget that he was not fully committed at Manure hence the reason to stay in the hotel instead of purchasing something. His life and family is London so I think he will be at Spurs for a while to either get PLs, CL, EL, EFL and FA and obviously to show the pundits the definition of "modern football"...LOL..Look at his stare when the clown interviewed him in BEIN

I love that he always seems to have an answer for everything! He showed his class by not answering the question whether he would have won the CL Final against Liverpool, out of respect to a fellow manager and how he made a dig at pundits who would win every game from a sofa with their retrospective analysis.
I'm lapping up all these interviews, they are really giving us an insight of the man and the man behind the manager.
This might come back to bite me, as football has a funny way of turning things around in a matter of days, but at this precise moment in time, I think he is the perfect fit for us and we are the perfect fit for him.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Poch and appreciate what he did for us. However, he (and the players) were spent after the CL final and it would have only got worse. People need to let go of the 'Jose v Poch' debate now, it's old news and we need to look to the future.

Had a gander at the Swedish Chelsea forum.

They are, in proper Chelsea fashion. Deeply invested in a discussion on if Mou can coach Son since Mourinho has never coached an Asian man before.

:sonhmm:

MOTD going in hard on him. Showed his first 50 games v Poch's last 50. Basically very little difference but Poch slightly better. Mocking his comments...

Yep - here are the stats for Mourinho's 50 league games for us vs. Pochettino's last 50 league games for us.

Mourinho:
Games:
W: 23
D: 12
L: 15
Goals for: 80
Goals against: 57
PPG: 1.62

Pochettino:
Games:
W: 26
D: 7
L: 17
Goals for: 85
Goals against: 56
PPG: 1.7

We literally sacked an underperforming manager, who told everyone that a painful rebuild was needed for a manager who is performing worse. We've won less games. We've scored less goals. And we've conceded more goals with a WORSE PPG total.

We have handled this absolutely horribly.

Here were Poch's first 50 games by the way, just because?

Games: 50
W: 24
D:13
L: 13
Goals for: 78
Goals against: 63
PPG: 1.7

With a far worse squad for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom