Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTD going in hard on him. Showed his first 50 games v Poch's last 50. Basically very little difference but Poch slightly better. Mocking his comments...
He was hired to improve on Poch’s record not match it. £15m a year to drop to 9th and 9 points behind a workman like West Ham, when you have Kane, Son etc is pretty disappointing value for money. I don’t think the league cup saves him. It’s Europa League or bust now.

MOTD going in hard on him. Showed his first 50 games v Poch's last 50. Basically very little difference but Poch slightly better. Mocking his comments...

Yep - here are the stats for Mourinho's 50 league games for us vs. Pochettino's last 50 league games for us.

Mourinho:
Games:
W: 23
D: 12
L: 15
Goals for: 80
Goals against: 57
PPG: 1.62

Pochettino:
Games:
W: 26
D: 7
L: 17
Goals for: 85
Goals against: 56
PPG: 1.7

We literally sacked an underperforming manager, who told everyone that a painful rebuild was needed for a manager who is performing worse. We've won less games. We've scored less goals. And we've conceded more goals with a WORSE PPG total.

We have handled this absolutely horribly.

Here were Poch's first 50 games by the way, just because?

Games: 50
W: 24
D:13
L: 13
Goals for: 78
Goals against: 63

With a far worse squad for the most part.

so true. I’ve had periods of time away from Spurs and it’s not really diminished my life to have stepped away. I’m probably getting to the point now where I don’t care as much because as with politics and the weather there is fuck all any of us can really do. I object to ENIC so much now that even when they do “good” I can no longer appreciate it, 20 years gone in the blink of an eye, Sad really, all of it.
Well quite.

40 years in and it really is like the weather. I'd love it to be sunny, but it seems that the clouds have gathered again, which we all knew they would. The gnashing of teeth when thing go wrong doesn't make you a supporter. It's the fact that you come back that does.

Yep - here are the stats for Mourinho's 50 league games for us vs. Pochettino's last 50 league games for us.

Mourinho:
Games:

Pochettino:
Games:

We literally sacked an underperforming manager, who told everyone that a painful rebuild was needed for a manager who is performing worse. We've won less games. We've scored less goals. And we've conceded more goals with a WORSE PPG total.

You pay peanuts you get monkeys, now if only we had been willing to pay a decent salary , we wouldn’t of ended up with Stone Age football. Unless our chairman was star struck and paid up for a dinosaur, but that can’t be the case, he is the smartest man in the room .

We need to be doing every thing we can to play this IMO

Hojbjerg, Ndombele; Bale, Lamela, Son; Kane

Then if GLC ever returns he slots into #10. Bale has proven that he is a far better player than Bergwijn and Lucas still and Lamela's graft and energy can make up for his lack of tracking back. Also think Lamela is far more creative than Lucas or Bergwijn.

We need to be doing every thing we can to play this IMO

Hojbjerg, Ndombele; Bale, Lamela, Son; Kane

Then if GLC ever returns he slots into #10. Bale has proven that he is a far better player than Bergwijn and Lucas still and Lamela's graft and energy can make up for his lack of tracking back. Also think Lamela is far more creative than Lucas or Bergwijn.
Substitute Bale for Lucas and that's the front 6 that started today. He might as well go for it now, it's blindingly clear his preferred tactics don't work with these players so just get our best 6 offensive players on the pitch at once and start taking the game to the opposition rather than trying to stop them playing first before we start.

He's a dead man walking IMO anyway might as well go out with a bit of a fight. You never know it might actually work.

Mourinho:
Games:

Pochettino:
Games:

Here were Poch's first 50 games by the way, just because?

Games: 50
W: 24
D:13
L: 13
Goals for: 78
Goals against: 63

With a far worse squad for the most part.
The guy he replaced were shite too at his new and superior club , after 5 years giving him chances here ,there is no need to give him anymore

We were not languishing in 14th. We were 14th after 12 games played 3 points off 5th and 2 points away from the mighty 6th place Jose had us finishing in.

This came after he had us top 4 for 4 straight seasons, coming off a CL final.

There was no languishing involved, which you would know if you were a true Spurs fan not a Jose fanboi "casual" Spurs fan with a bent agenda.
Perfect response, could not have put it better myself. Really wish we had kept him I think the covid break would have sorted our issues.

He needs to go ASAP. Appoint Ledley King as manager for the rest of the season.

Whatever Jose is doing is not working. Clearly he can’t motivate the players at this point and when has he ever shown he can right a sinking ship? The man is a cancer to this team. It’s inevitable that he will be gone at the end of season so why wait any longer?

Since the turn of the Millennium, basically when Levy has taken over:

Glenn Hoddle (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.3

David Pleat (Caretaker)

Jacques Santini (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.1

Martin Jol (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.5

Juande Ramos (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.2

Harry Redknapp (Eventually sacked)

Andre Villas-Boas (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.8

Tim Sherwood (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.9

Mauricio Pochettino (Eventually sacked)

Jose Mourinho
PPG: 1.6

Since the turn of the Millennium, basically when Levy has taken over:

Glenn Hoddle (Eventually sacked)

David Pleat (Caretaker)

Jacques Santini (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.1

Martin Jol (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.5

Juande Ramos (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.2

Harry Redknapp (Eventually sacked)

Andre Villas-Boas (Eventually sacked)
PPG: 1.8

Tim Sherwood (Eventually sacked)

Mauricio Pochettino (Eventually sacked)

Jose Mourinho
PPG: 1.6
If every manager is eventually sacked, why bother repeating it for each one?

If every manager is eventually sacked, why bother repeating it for each one?

Every manager gets sacked sooner or later. It’s just a matter of time in this modern football world but what matters is what they can achieve while they’re here. What they achieve is their legacy and something us fans/supporters can enjoy and be proud of.

There are so many who prefer to feed their hatred for any particular manager and can’t even support what the manager is trying to do for our club during their tenures. The enjoyment/pain of supporting a club is lost on a lot of these folks I feel. The ups and downs of supporting a club is part of it. When the club’s situation is on the down, we supporters provide more support instead of stomping on it. When we’re on the up, we provide even more support while enjoying and be proud of our club’s achievements! That’s how I see it anyway....

Mourinho is done, the man has admitted he cannot resolve the teams problems, he was brought in to do better than Poch. Only winning the Europa cup can save him now.

Soon or later he will realise you cant play a defensive strategy with an attack minded group of players. We looked better in the second half against Spam because our attackers were unleashed

Soon or later he will realise you cant play a defensive strategy with an attack minded group of players. We looked better in the second half against Spam because our attackers were unleashed
Most of us have realised that and we aren’t on 15m per year. The best form of defence is attack.

Keep the ball, don’t invite pressure and let our attacking players go for it.

If we lose but gave it a fucking go, none of us would be as livid. I’m irate because we are trying to be conservative and fucking lose anyway.

I didn’t want mourinho in the first place but we aren’t going to get a decent replacement at this stage of the season. Just have to let the season play out then try and get that coach at RB Leipzig or Brendon Rogers

Jose won't survive the week, our drop in form since december is embrassing, that we can not even get draws as a platform to build on, burnley and fulham will as shown earlier of the season, put up more of a fight.

Nothing is working in the team, defence midfield or attack, he can not even fall back on his tried and tested low block.

The universe is saying to him change, but being stubborn and egotistal, he ain't hearing the message.

Back
Top Bottom