Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I am sure Real Madrid, Chelsea and United fans are justified in complaining, I mean, highest goals scored in La Liga and highest points total ever and multiple trophies, a PL title for Chelsea and two trophies and a 2nd place finish for United, they have plenty of reasons to complain, I am sure it is nothing to do with the fact that all three of those fanbases are filled to the brim with spoiled brats.

We can talk about his "last year of work at the club" all we want but Pochettino didn't exactly leave the club in a good position when he left either did he?
While I didnt want Pochettino gone at all, his 'last year of work at the club' is so much worse.

I often visit Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and was corrected about the pronunciation of a place name by a snooty cow in an art gallery in Peebles last October

Mrs B told me to leave it but I went into the local tourist board and told them what happened
They had a good laugh saying she was talking out of her arse and that I had got it right originally

I had great fun at this gallery when I returned!
Stupid cow 🐄
You killed her didn't you

Completly agree with this article.

X32bfd.gif

You killed her didn't you

And after I’d had a go at her to much tutting I thought it only civilised to help myself to a glass of Prosecco on the way out!

And I’m a Ron Lawson fan and spent over a £1000 on three of his limited edition prints down the road who also got treated to the story

Because it fits your narrow-minded anti-Jose agenda
Oh come on. When has Jose ever played attractive, attacking football?

I didn’t read these forums two seasons ago but I bet 99% of you were more than happy with Pochettino and the idea of Mourinho managing Spurs was terrifying?

It’s such a bizarre appointment anyway you look at it. United fans have envied Spurs approach for years now. Recruiting young, talented players, attacking football, consistent CL finishes, a new stadium and one of the most talented young managers in world football.

All of a sudden, Spurs scrap that model and appoint Jose who is the most short term managerial appointment any club can make. He won’t care about leaving the next manager with a healthy squad - all he cares about is the here and now, and his own CV.

Just wait until results are bad and Levy digs his heels in with signings. Jose will throw toys out of the pram. Fully back him and he’ll be fine - as long as he’s winning games.

Oh come on. When has Jose ever played attractive, attacking football?

I didn’t read these forums two seasons ago but I bet 99% of you were more than happy with Pochettino and the idea of Mourinho managing Spurs was terrifying?

It’s such a bizarre appointment anyway you look at it. United fans have envied Spurs approach for years now. Recruiting young, talented players, attacking football, consistent CL finishes, a new stadium and one of the most talented young managers in world football.

Then Spurs scrap that and appoint Jose who is the most short term managerial appointment any club can make. He won’t care about leaving the next manager with a healthy squad - all he cares about is the here and now, and his own CV.
We had a 26 page thread dedicated to him mate:

I bet there’s some quotes in there! The thing is I probably wouldn’t disagree with any of them.

You know what you get with Jose. The only difference between him in early 2000s and now is that he simply isn’t as tactically astute as he was.

Wednesday night’s game was one example of many in recent times. He makes really weird decisions and he’s still obsessed with the ‘low block’ and playing it long over the press to the big striker (or in your case, Kane.)

The football got so depressing at United I couldn’t wait to see the end of him.

I bet there’s some quotes in there! The thing is I probably wouldn’t disagree with any of them.

You know what you get with Jose. The only difference between him in early 2000s and now is that he simply isn’t as tactically astute as he was.

Wednesday night’s game was one example of many in recent times. He makes really weird decisions and he’s still obsessed with the ‘low block’ and playing it long over the press to the big striker (or in your case, Kane.)

The football got so depressing at United I couldn’t wait to see the end of him.
I actually still rate him tactically. By that, though I'm seeing how he usually excels at stopping or nullifying the other team, and as a consequence I'd actually back his teams to win a knockout cup than any other Manager once into a quarter-final (no one moans at the style of play of the cup winners, just look how shit Liverpool were against us in the CL final, but no complaints aimed at them, they were reserved solely for the losers).

This isn't my concern though, Poch had Spurs challenging for titles for the first time in my life whilst playing fast free-flowing, dominant football. Pep and Klopp are both doing this now for their teams. Jose couldn't get close. Any team should be targeting to be competing for PL and CL, the other cups will come as a direct consequence for being good enough to challenge for these two comps,

I wonder to what extent Joao Sacramento has an influence, as he is the delta from Mourinho's last few jobs. Guess we'll have to wait and see, particularly when Jose and he bring in their first players.

Quite hard to disagree with it though if you approach it with open objectivity rather than "hope".

I disagreed with it because there was a lot of assumptions about how Mourinho does training.

I don't disagree with that style of football being more attractive though, I would love us to play like City and Pool but as long as we win I really don't care how we play.

Back
Top Bottom