Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are both better than Tanganga.

Tanganga isn't even better than someone like Tuanzebe and he can barely get a kick in the Championship.

I sort of feel for Tanganga. He was never really of the required level. Even at youth level, he was never really highly rated or touted as this next big centre back like say Caulker was (who's a much better player than Japhet is) - I don't even think Tanganga was any better than TJ Eyoma who was in the same youth team and he's forged himself a decent League One career.

He’s earned about £30k x 250 weeks

He’s set for life so now he should go and find his level from a football perspective as he doesn’t need to chase small pay rises. He’s wealthy far beyond his ability

Go and achieve your football potential at whatever level is best

There are better players in the national league than this chap. He’s loaded due to situational luck and I don’t begrudge him

Hard to really say how he'll do there given he's only played around 350 minutes of competitive football in the last 2 years. Hopefully works hard, gets game time and we can sell him for something in the summer. Good luck to him

Another player that looked good initially and never seemed to be able to follow up on that. Uncertainty over his best position and the merry go round of coaches and styles over the last 4 years not helped either.
Whatever he does I wish him all the best.

Another player that looked good initially and never seemed to be able to follow up on that. Uncertainty over his best position and the merry go round of coaches and styles over the last 4 years not helped either.
That's a pretty decent summary.
Did not help he often played alongside an erratic other.
What's done is done. Contract ends 2025.

Funnily enough, I reckon his versatility at being able to play both CB and RB would be something Ange would love!
Whilst Royal is more than an able deputy to Porro at RB, he's no CB!!

Given the right coaching (and one more decent loan spell) Tanganga could arguably one day fill that position with aplomb!

Though he ain't getting any younger! What is he now, 48?

The new Cameron Carter-Vickers!

Funnily enough, I reckon his versatility at being able to play both CB and RB would be something Ange would love!
Whilst Royal is more than an able deputy to Porro at RB, he's no CB!!

Given the right coaching (and one more decent loan spell) Tanganga could arguably one day fill that position with aplomb!

Though he ain't getting any younger! What is he now, 48?

The new Cameron Carter-Vickers!
Nowhere near good enough on the ball to be in an ange team.

FC Augsburg didn't even say goodbye..

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

100%. Still fondly remember the day, Japh made Raheem Sterling his bitch - in our win against City to open the 21/22 campaign.

Really too bad he wasn’t able to follow up and come good. In any case, academy boy - Spurs through and through - so certainly do wish him all the best.

View: https://youtu.be/jhIjbewej4A?si=YnBjIXo5jjHS0j_s

View: https://youtu.be/1ayAXo3CyFQ?si=cQpSd_RJbb_0O-R5

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur loanee Japhet Tanganga has outlined how Joe Edwards’ plans convinced him Millwall was the next place to play his football.

The 24-year-old was recalled by Spurs from his loan spell at Augsburg, where he failed to make an appearance, and joined the Lions for the rest of the season.

Tanganga came on for his debut as a second-half substitute in last weekend’s 2-0 defeat at QPR.

Speaking to the South London Press about how the move came to fruition, Tanganga said: “I spoke with Joe the gaffer because I worked with him at England U17 level – we worked together at the Toulon Tour.

“I spoke with him and Alex [Aldridge, head of recruitment]. They presented to me and I thought to myself: ‘The most important thing for me is to be getting game time.’

“I wasn’t getting the game time I wanted out in Germany, so with my next move, I wanted to make sure I saw myself playing.

“When I spoke with the gaffer, he presented the style of play to me and how he saw Millwall playing with me fitting in – that’s what sold it to me.

“The way he plays is how I like to play as well. As well as knowing him and the style of play, that’s what edged it for me to come to Millwall.

“Being in Tottenham’s academy, we played against Chelsea’s academy – I played against the gaffer’s teams quite a lot.

“He knows the history. They were tough games and they always played good football.”

Back
Top Bottom