Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tanganga is too good for the Championship. But probably the best move for his career. Hopefully he can get it back on track

He's not played regularly for a couple of years, so needs a run of games at a decent level (and Championship is) to get back to being a decent and consistently good defender.

Agree probably too good for Championship, very much a defender who attacks players, a decent turn of speed and versatile (CB but emergency LB and RB). I think there were good reasons why he used to be linked to AC Milan and he might well come back into PL too.

Tanganga in a nut shell

Even during his debut spell for us where he was getting praise, almost every goal we conceded when he was on the pitch involved him in some way. Even his debut against Liverpool, the Firminho goal.
Jesus, how do you even remember that?
...or did you have to look it up?

I struggle to remember to tie my shoe laces each morning, let alone who was at fault for the Firmino goal a few years ago!

Wow! I envy your encycolpædic football knowledge!

Bit of a stretch to claim JT was involved in the scored goal.
Poor pass on the blinking half way line on the right hardly the cause of complete absence of marking on Millwall left and it was good strike for 1-1.

I always saw him as a full back and not a CB, I honestly don’t think he ever had a good game for us in the centre. All his decent appearances were on the flank.
When we got spanked 3-0 by Palace under Nuno and he essentially got himself sent off, he was playing full back wasn't he?

I could well be wrong, the sending off offence was in a right back position on the pitch, I do remember that much.

Glad he's getting game time after his last loan but he's made quite a few costly mistakes in his first few games for Millwall. Gave away a pen today and gave quite a lot of space for the Coventry's 2nd goal too.

Also of interest was CB Luis Binks on loan at Coventry (Tanganga/Millwall opponent today) - he left Spurs in 2020 to join Montreal before transfer to Bologna (same ownership as Montreal), spent last year at Como (Serie B). Now aged 22, was considered a very good youth prospect, not sure he made the best career move ?

Seems to be struggling, but not that suprising given he's played what - about 20 games over the past 2 years, and had a couple of long injury offs too.

Wouldn't suprise me if Championship is where he ends up long term.

Back
Top Bottom