Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tanganga made the Augsburg bench today, another friendly. Played first half last time they played a friendly earlier in the season but yet to play any competitive minutes

*Didn't come on today

Last edited:
Tanganga made the Augsburg bench today, another friendly. Played first half last time they played a friendly earlier in the season but yet to play any competitive minutes

*Didn't come on today
Japh needs to get a new agent.
He is at least a champ quality player.
OK he has had a few injuries but still..

Japh needs to get a new agent.
He is at least a champ quality player.
OK he has had a few injuries but still..
At the age of 24 he needs to be playing week in week out now for the sake of his career, whatever the level. A couple more seasons like this and he'd be 26 with only a handful of professional appearances to his name.

Realistically even if he went to League One for the rest of this season, he should be a standout performer and then be in line for Championship level, and then again, if he has any right to be thought of as a Prem footballer, he should stand out at that level. Then season after next he could be looking at being a regular Prem starter.

At his current rate his career is going nowhere, better to start lower and build his way up rather than trying and failing to get football at the top level just because he started a few games for us and looked ok a few years ago now.

He's going to be 25 next month. I think the Championship is the next destination to figure out his level, that's by no means something to turn your nose up at. Find him a club in the Championship, see how he gets on and maybe come the summer he'll be able to have his long term future sorted out.

As with all Spurs academy players, I wish him the best.

This guys career can be measured in minutes, not games.

Thanks Jose, for plucking him out of the academy and giving him a 4? 5? year contract off the back or a half decent debut.

Let's he totally serious here, he's either been injured or shit ever since that Liverpool game. There are people who aren't genetically able to cope with elite sport. They get injured constantly. He is one of them. We should be figuring these things out when they're in the academy. If they're missing a lot of games there, they have no chance in the mens game.

I feel like he could succeed in Series A, look how tomori and smalling have done.

Who are both better than Tanganga.

Tanganga isn't even better than someone like Tuanzebe and he can barely get a kick in the Championship.

I sort of feel for Tanganga. He was never really of the required level. Even at youth level, he was never really highly rated or touted as this next big centre back like say Caulker was (who's a much better player than Japhet is) - I don't even think Tanganga was any better than TJ Eyoma who was in the same youth team and he's forged himself a decent League One career.

I feel like he could succeed in Series A, look how tomori and smalling have done.

Japh is nowhere near their level, not even close. Japh has made 27 league appearances in his entire career and he’s 25 years old.

I think if he had stayed fit he could have had a good career at lower PL level but he hasn’t been fit for most of the last four years. No player can overcome that, he hasn’t been able to develop at all because he hasn’t been fit to play. He still looks like a raw academy player as his injuries have totally stymied his development.

Back
Top Bottom