January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel like full back depth is very important.

We're going to be in 4 comps next year and play alot of football. I am just about fine with Emerson at RWB but we definitely need LWB depth for Udogie.

LB rather than a CB makes more sense to me.

I've no prob with Davies as CB4; unless we've decided that Dragusin will not be much use at RCB in which case, yeh, Romero back-up is needed..... Preferably someone with some pace to counterbalance any VDV absences.

One good thing true but the ones we want to sell will be valued less as they are nearer the end of their contracts. If we had dropped the price for PEH for example we might have sold him, in the Summer he will be valued less.

PEH is worth more on our bench for the rest of the season than he would have been sold for in this window.

If that means we only get 10-15m for him in the summer then so be it....... He only cost us 16m in the first place.

Last edited:
Most people on here are just as bad as they accuse Levy of being when it comes to over-valuing our players (many of whom they actually deem to be shit! LOL)........

I'd happily take £20m for PEH.... But could easily see it being less due to the market. Ditto GLC.

Similarly when we see people throwing similar numbers around for players like Reguilon and previously the likes of Lamela, Sanchez & Dier.

The fact is that since 19/20 the only players who have been sold for more than €15m are Kane and Bergwijn.....

- That's 2 out of 24 senior player exits.
- Only 10 of which we got ANY kind of fee for.
- 14 left for free.
Yep, i think its just a matter of take what you can get now. Lo Celso could easily end up being £8m to £10m. Thats the current market. Its all about getting players off the wage bill, freeing up squad places and not letting them leave on a free.

Injuries, suspensions and mid season tournaments have knocked us off course this season. Before all of these we were really,really motoring. Probably a bit late to challenge for the title but next year holds a hell of a lot of hope.

I dont want us to buy him but think there is a good chance we will .

I just don't see the need frankly....... Bergvall should get those minutes if he genuinely is the wonder kid he's hyped to be.

I just hope that over the next 4 months Gallagher continues to underwhelm and we just bin the idea and move on.

I'd be putting all our resources into a couple of game changing attacking players and a good rotation option for Udogie and make do and mend elsewhere . Plus i dont want to help Chelsea out in any way.

Yeh, fuck that too.......

Sure they might drop the price on him out of desperation, but most clubs won't pay the kind of wages he wants...... If he's smart; he'll leave on a free a year later.

PEH is worth more on our bench for the rest of the season that he would have been sold for in this window.

If that means we only get 10-15m for him in the summer then so be it....... He only cost us 16m in the first place.

Yeah I’ve never got the desperation to sell him this window. Nobody wants to pay a decent fee for him or else we’d have got that last summer. Just keep him and use him. He knows the system, manager, players, training ground, stadium, area. Bringing a new midfielder in probably won’t hit the ground running like him. Sure he has a mistake in him but he works hard, is never injured and you know what you’re going to get.

In the summer it’s a different story. Both him and Lo Celso can go.

Yeah I’ve never got the desperation to sell him this window. Nobody wants to pay a decent fee for him or else we’d have got that last summer. Just keep him and use him. He knows the system, manager, players, training ground, stadium, area. Bringing a new midfielder in probably won’t hit the ground running like him. Sure he has a mistake in him but he works hard, is never injured and you know what you’re going to get.
He'll be on his last year, and with Bergvall coming in we'll have more than enough CMs, we should definitely sell.

I just don't see the need frankly....... Bergvall should get those minutes if he genuinely is the wonder kid he's hyped to be.

I just hope that over the next 4 months Gallagher continues to underwhelm and we just bin the idea and move on.

Yeh, fuck that too.......

Sure they might drop the price on him out of desperation, but most clubs won't pay the kind of wages he wants...... If he's smart; he'll leave on a free a year later.
Bergvall and Gallagher would be the Skipp/PEH upgrade. If we are being honest, Skipp doesn't get minutes for a serious PL/CL chasing team and PEH can't start games anymore.

Don't mind him around as 7th choice for vibes but we should be doing better.

Gallagher at 25-30m would be great value. Would provide the legs and intensity on par with Sarr. None of the other CMs do that.

That would be 6s and 8s sorted.

We then deal with 10 cover. Maybe that is an academy lad or we have identified another Bergvall-type to bring in. Also Kulu could well improve there.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Haha I know certain gremlins (aint saying no names) were waiting and ready for the

Content Cat Typing GIF
Content Cat Typing GIF
Content Cat Typing GIF

Bergvall and Gallagher would be the Skipp/PEH upgrade. If we are being honest, Skipp doesn't get minutes for a serious PL/CL chasing team and PEH can't start games anymore.

Don't mind him around as 7th choice for vibes but we should be doing better.

Gallagher at 25-30m would be great value. Would provide the legs and intensity on par with Sarr. None of the other CMs do that.

That would be 6s and 8s sorted.

So long as Bergvall is considered ready to play; then I'm happy with what we have anyway.

Biss, Benta, Sarr, Bergvall, Skipp + Devine..... For 2 spots.

We then deal with 10 cover. Maybe that is an academy lad or we have identified another Bergvall-type to bring in. Also Kulu could well improve there.

I'd rather that so-called 'Gallagher money' was spent here or up front.... We already have Donley as a 'project'; anyone new needs to be EPL worthy and that will cost.

Back
Top Bottom