January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/spurs_connect/status/1753360488820306006?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

Attacker seems the obvious to me. I like the fact we know who we want and why. For decades the impression was we were just opportunists buying randomly players under valued in the market without any strategy. Now we seem to have a recruitment plan with a clear vision.

Feel like full back depth is very important.

We're going to be in 4 comps next year and play alot of football. I am just about fine with Emerson at RWB but we definitely need LWB depth for Udogie.

One good thing true but the ones we want to sell will be valued less as they are nearer the end of their contracts. If we had dropped the price for PEH for example we might have sold him, in the Summer he will be valued less.

But that's fine, if you can't sell them give them loans so at least they'll be off the wage bill and playing football - you then gie yourself more chance to sell them come Summer.

I don't know how you drop a price if no-one's got any money to buy him unless you give him away for free.

I agree but it will add up even with smaller fees. If we can get £20m for Hojbjerg, maybe £15m for Lo Celso, say £10m for Rodon who has done well on loan you would then probably be happy with between £5m to £8m a piece for the likes of Reggie, Sess, Tanganga, Gil and Spence. We just need to be realistic and get them out the door which has obviously been an issue in the past but last years of contracts for a lot of those might focus a few minds We'll obviously get cock all for Ndombele, just loan him for his final year.
PEH is 28, a full international and a regular first team player who is playing really well.

£20 million would be daylight robbery, no way we are accepting that.

But that's fine, if you can't sell them give them loans so at least they'll be off the wage bill and playing football - you then gie yourself more chance to sell them come Summer.

I don't know how you drop a price if no-one's got any money to buy him unless you give him away for free.
We're close to clearing off the 19-20 buys, most of whom have one year left. Do they want to stick out a year or sign a new long term deal elsewhere? Low transfer fees but enough to free up amortisation and cash flow. Getting them out then allows us to use loan slots on project players rather than flops.

Well my interest is incomings, so right now I'd say 7. But in time this can change if Timo keeps up his form, gets a contract and Bergvall proves to be a great signing.
You were at 2 or 3 after Werner & Drago...and now with Bergvall added to the mix you're at 7? Quite the jump 😆

I agree but it will add up even with smaller fees. If we can get £20m for Hojbjerg, maybe £15m for Lo Celso, say £10m for Rodon who has done well on loan you would then probably be happy with between £5m to £8m a piece for the likes of Reggie, Sess, Tanganga, Gil and Spence. We just need to be realistic and get them out the door which has obviously been an issue in the past but last years of contracts for a lot of those might focus a few minds We'll obviously get cock all for Ndombele, just loan him for his final year.
At this stage, I'd happily take a cock to get rid of the fat bastard.

Gonna get me some fowl votes that.

You were at 2 or 3 after Werner & Drago...and now with Bergvall added to the mix you're at 7? Quite the jump 😆
Well I said many times before I wanted one or two prospects brought in and I was disappointed that wasnt the case, the club did what I wanted them to do and my score is a reflection of that.

PEH is 28, a full international and a regular first team player who is playing really well.

£20 million would be daylight robbery, no way we are accepting that.
Not really. It seems that PSR has now put the brakes on ridiculous valuations for players, if this window is anything to go by. I still think it will all come to a head about half way through the Summer window, and we'll see prices drop fairly significantly.

PEH only has what, 18 months left on his contract right now? We'll do really well if we manage to squeeze more than £20M out of anyone for him. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we even managed to get that for him.

Everyone knows their hand. In the summer they need a fire sale if they have any hope of getting over £100m (£100m pure FFP profit by the way so academy sales)

If we want Gallagher in the summer or Liverpool want Colwell it’s going to be last minute massive lowball bids. £20m type bids from us and Pool for the players.
Fuck those rotten criminal bastard chavs. Levy should give them 20 quid for both CG and Colwill...and force them to take Ndombele in return.

Then I'd lock Colwill in a room with Udo, Cuti, Drago and Richy so they teach him some manners.

It's true I'm wrong sometimes and when I think that I'm wrong, I will step up to the plate and admit it.
My man, it ain't about being right or wrong...the vast majority of convos on here are about opinions, not facts (yes, even your self-described uber eloquent & classy posts, LP).

It's about being realistic, about judging things in the present and not based on previous years/decades.

When you rate the TW pre-Bergvall as a 2, it don't make you right/wrong. But it does make you unrealistic and as if you let your longstanding frustration dictate your agenda.

If I’m gallagher’s agent I’m telling him to move in the summer or run down his contract. They can’t afford to give him an increase on his current terms because of FFP. No matter how much he loves the club you need to look after yourself. (Of course he isn’t starving now but you get my point).

It's Mount all over again. His HG status is taken for granted and he's forced to sit back and watch all these unproven newbies failing to deliver and yet rake in more money than him.

Running his contract to zero is probably the best solution for his wallet in the long term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom