January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully yes but things can go to shit, if Ange leaves for any reason and we get a Conte/Mourinho type manager to replace him.
We won't ever get a Conte/Jose manager again. If going from them to an unknown Ange Postecoglou didn't convince you, the way we are playing now under a manager like Ange should.

Well I said many times before I wanted one or two prospects brought in and I was disappointed that wasnt the case, the club did what I wanted them to do and my score is a reflection of that.
So an untested 18 year old at least a year (and probably more) away in a position that were strong is worth +5 but two additions who improve the squad immediately in positions of need are worth +2.
Interesting take.

I'm trying my best to hit some Swedish women up on Tinder, telling them it's just for info on Bergvall, but they don't seem to believe me.

I was just pondering on who would be managing us when our impressive bunch of young players come of age. I’m probably being very optimistic, and I know Ange often only stays a couple of years, but a big part of me thinks he’s going to want to see this all come to fruition. If we’re beating the likes of Bayern and Barca to the best talent, Ange would have never been in that position before. Hopefully the project is too exciting to leave.
Given the current crop of managers, I would take Slot in a heartbeat to succeed Ange. There will obviously be new managers that emerge by the time Ange calls it quits at Spurs, but the great thing about it is is that, whoever these managers are, if Ange keeps this up we will probably be the #1 choice for most of them.

Overall not a bad window and appreciate that we can’t do it all with a rebuild in two windows.

But if where we’re aiming is where Liverpool are now - to be top of the league and competing across 4 competitions, we need to up the quality across the front line.

Love the investment in youth but you feel that a statement signing might really push the team on another level. COYS
Statement signings usually happen in the summer, though. Teams are not open to letting "statement" players leave midseason, unless it's for stupid money. And we clearly aren't doing "stupid money" signings, nor should we.

Not really. It seems that PSR has now put the brakes on ridiculous valuations for players, if this window is anything to go by. I still think it will all come to a head about half way through the Summer window, and we'll see prices drop fairly significantly.

PEH only has what, 18 months left on his contract right now? We'll do really well if we manage to squeeze more than £20M out of anyone for him. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we even managed to get that for him.
Which should also nicely affect rival clubs with little FFP wriggle room. If they were banking on £40/50/60 million sales, they're in for a big surprise.

So an untested 18 year old at least a year (and probably more) away in a position that were strong is worth +5 but two additions who improve the squad immediately in positions of need are worth +2.
Interesting take.
I already explained many times before, Defender should have bought in the summer and Timo his career was on downhill path. I wanted us to do more, ie sign one or two prospects and we did that. That's the way forward for us takin raw talent and developing it.

Which should also nicely affect rival clubs with little FFP wriggle room. If they were banking on £40/50/60 million sales, they're in for a big surprise.
Yup, exactly what I've been saying for the last week or so.

Again, the caveat to this though, is whether PSR teeth are for use or for show.

A bit like Klopp's gnashers...

We won't ever get a Conte/Jose manager again. If going from them to an unknown Ange Postecoglou didn't convince you, the way we are playing now under a manager like Ange should.
I think the board are willing to do that for short term gain, like in Jol's first season they approached Ramos,

Given the current crop of managers, I would take Slot in a heartbeat to succeed Ange. There will obviously be new managers that emerge by the time Ange calls it quits at Spurs, but the great thing about it is is that, whoever these managers are, if Ange keeps this up we will probably be the #1 choice for most of them.
Slot didn't want to come to us though did he, so what would have changed?

I'm trying my best to hit some Swedish women up on Tinder, telling them it's just for info on Bergvall, but they don't seem to believe me.
Teeth Weirdo GIF

Maybe don’t use a real photo

I already explained many times before, Defender should have bought in the summer and Timo his career was on downhill path. I wanted us to do more, ie sign one or two prospects and we did that. That's the way forward for us takin raw talent and developing it.

Weird that you're basing this window on what we should have done in a previous and not what we actually did.

You might as well use that same logic for every club for nearly every transfer window in existence because it's very rare that clubs have the perfect transfer window and get all their business done or their holes filled.

What's more going from a 2 to a 7 when we signed a player who's just turned 18 is just jokes.

Back
Top Bottom