January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GCBk_OtXAAAUX5I

Yup

People that don't want him can't (or don't want) to see the bigger picture...

Why would Chelsea sell?

Heard an interesting stat on Gallagher today. He’s committed the most fouls in the league by a mile, but isn’t in the top ten for bookings.

Seems he’s adept at breaking up possible counter attacks on the edge of the oppo box, before the attack can come to anything. Maybe this is something we’ve looked at?
There was another stat on him during one of their recent games.

He’s the only player in European leagues that has double figures for goals, assists, key tackles, key passes blah blah in a calendar year. I forget the exact data.

It very much felt like a forced way of viewing stats to puff him up, but he’s clearly very involved in the game. A busy little fucker, so to speak.

There was another stat on him during one of their recent games.

He’s the only player in European leagues that has double figures for goals, assists, key tackles, key passes blah blah in a calendar year. I forget the exact data.

It very much felt like a forced way of viewing stats to puff him up, but he’s clearly very involved in the game. A busy little fucker, so to speak.

A floor raiser.

Yup

They just look at goals and assists...but, and I know it's not that simple, it's interesting that the number of his attacking third possession wins is identical to his chances created, so it's pretty likely that he doesn't waste many of those possessions...

Heard an interesting stat on Gallagher today. He’s committed the most fouls in the league by a mile, but isn’t in the top ten for bookings.

Seems he’s adept at breaking up possible counter attacks on the edge of the oppo box, before the attack can come to anything. Maybe this is something we’ve looked at?

GCBk_OtXAAAUX5I

Yup

There’s an absolute skill to this.
See Pep’s teams.
Not getting a card for it is just gravy.

Was about to say. Little niggling fouls to suffocate a team and stop them countering/building momentum is Pep magic. Quite interesting in that regards.

I feel like its been ages since we announced a new signing! Can we start acting like the richest club in the Premier League that we are and just sign some players please?:porrohands:

Swear I saw stats like this for Mount before he went to Utd

Mount was soooooooooooooo over rated and he was always one lazy ass bitch off the ball. With Kante he didnt have to do shit like most players in midfield who play with Kante, he got the benefit to just really go forward and not do anything else. It also became very evident when Southtwat picked him for England

TBH i couldnt believe united paid 60M for him .... Chavs have mugged off Manure and Les Arse regarding mount and havertz silly money transfers

Mount was soooooooooooooo over rated and he was always one lazy ass bitch off the ball. With Kante he didnt have to do shit like most players in midfield who play with Kante, he got the benefit to just really go forward and not do anything else. It also became very evident when Southtwat picked him for England

TBH i couldnt believe united paid 60M for him .... Chavs have mugged off Manure and Les Arse regarding mount and havertz silly money transfers
I always thought Mount was "decent"

But in a £20-£30m way, not £60m
Also remember thinking it was odd chelsea sold him, and sold him to a historic rival.

And now it's starting to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom