January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know that the details are murky, but does Chelsea have to sell to make FFP work? I know they have to sell to buy, but I’m curious how bad their situation actually is. They just don’t seem all that desperate.
They seem very desperate. They've been twerking all window to sell either Gallagher or Broja. And it's always either one rumour at a time or the other, which means that they are generating those rumours in order to sell only one of them, not both.

Not sure João Felix wants any part of a team with Porro on it.
Then the team with Porro in it don't want this Fenix guy!!

discussion anthony GIF

Would RB be paying him.that much or would Chelsea be topping it up to that level to get him off the books? Depending on how lomg his deal is if he wants to secure a 4 year contract somewhere new he'll likely have to consider a drop in wages to get one
This will likely be a feature for all clubs going forward, if P&S has more bite than bark.

Those with multiple players on a high wage over multiple years may just have to tighten their belts until they are able to offload a lot of these wages, which will be highly unlikely if those players refuse to move to a lesser wage.

They seem very desperate. They've been twerking all window to sell either Gallagher or Broja. And it's always either one rumour at a time or the other, which means that they are generating those rumours in order to sell only one of them, not both.

Stare those fcuking cnuts out. No one should do anything that assists them, unless it suits any buyer more. We ain't desperate.

Broja is average and not on our compass.. Gallagher, who knows.

But fcuk them.

Last edited:
Stare those fcuking cnuts out. No one should do anything that assists them, unless it suots any buyer more. We ain't desperate.

Broja is average and not on our compass.. Gallagher, who knows.

But fcuk them.

What Chelsea need is another Chelsea who will buy Broja for £50m like they bought Enzo and Caicedo for £100m a piece.

Funny enough, Poch never compared Kane to anyone when giving him a glowing review. In fact, it took desperation to even play him.
And fair play to Harry for taking that chance.
Hopefully the deal for this wonder kid Nusa doesn’t turn out to be a turd of a deal the same as the Bryan Gil affair.
25 million plus lamela for what 15 games and one goal!!’. As Rodney once said it made the one legged turkey deal look shrewd!
See my reply to Larry David Larry David below
In all fairness, it was not Salah that Spurs couldn't cope with but Basel as team as well.
Salah was epic against us and was by far the best player on the pitch. Almost every Spurs fan wanted him after that, and if not for Chelsea, I reckon we would have got him. And played him. Unlikely Chelsea. Who signed him to stop rivals having him.
I miss Lamela
He's already missed 14 games for Sevilla this season through 2 injuries.
He missed aprox 150 games during his 5 or 6 seasons at Spurs.
In a way, regardless as to how bad Gil has been, getting Lamela's wages off the books and an "asset" in return" isn't bad.
To my mind, if we sell Gil today for £10m that's fair. Lamela was and is worthless. As in, nobody would have paid money.
So realistically it wasn't £20m + Lamela. It was £20m and Lamela's wages off the books.

Funny enough, Poch never compared Kane to anyone when giving him a glowing review. In fact, it took desperation to even play him.

Salah was epic against us and was by far the best player on the pitch. Almost every Spurs fan wanted him after that, and if not for Chelsea, I reckon we would have got him. And played him. Unlikely Chelsea. Who signed him to stop rivals having him.

In a way, regardless as to how bad Gil has been, getting Lamela's wages off the books and an "asset" in return" isn't bad.
To my mind, if we sell Gil today for £10m that's fair. Lamela was and is worthless. As in, nobody would have paid money.
So realistically it wasn't £20m + Lamela. It was £20m and Lamela's wages off the books.
Lamela was better than Gil. Irrespective of how much he was worth, he just had a bigger impact on games. Gil is a "prospect" that we all really wanted to work - we wanted our Bernado Silva - but it wasn't to be. He isn't good enough for us.

Yeah I totally get all that but I still miss him

Hopefully the deal for this wonder kid Nusa doesn’t turn out to be a turd of a deal the same as the Bryan Gil affair.
25 million plus lamela for what 15 games and one goal!!’. As Rodney once said it made the one legged turkey deal look shrewd!
Can people please stop comparing Bryan Gil to Antonio Nusa? Not the same player!

And is the logic now - since Gil failed - that we can't sign the best, young prospects? Would be delighted for this to go through

Back
Top Bottom