January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the summer 100m was getting thrown around as the number for Ferguson. Think everyone will be waiting to see what happens next with him before investing.
As an Irishman the comparisons of Ferguson to Kane were way off for me. The lad is good but he doesn’t have what young Kane had in terms of finishing, striking back lift, not as good in the air, not as two footed.

The lad is good, don’t get me wrong just not gonna reach the level of Harry Kane. He’d do well to reach the level of our all time top international goal scorer Robbie Keane

You didn't correct anything, you just expanded on what I said.

You must be his lucky star if he scores every time you watch, what with head goal every near-4 games ratio. He's the epiphany of hype. Atleti paid an absolute fortune to trigger his release clause when they were forced to sell Griezman in the same way. Felix has never shown he's got any more in his locker than any other slightly quick, tricky winger. We already got duped into buying Gil, at least he's not earning much.

Isn't there some animosity between him and Porro?

No I made fundamental changes - suggest you re-read.

In short - Others can't spend and won't spend as likely to lose points

Spurs are spending on transfer fees - and even on high salaries (Werner reported £160k pw)

As an Irishman the comparisons of Ferguson to Kane were way off for me. The lad is good but he doesn’t have what young Kane had in terms of finishing, striking back lift, not as good in the air, not as two footed.

The lad is good, don’t get me wrong just not gonna reach the level of Harry Kane. He’d do well to reach the level of our all time top international goal scorer Robbie Keane

The hype was OTT for me at the time as well. I took pelters for that opinion as well.

He's a big lad with some skill but has matured early physically so the huge improvements aren't going to come from physical development.

No I made fundamental changes - suggest you re-read.

In short - Others can't spend and won't spend as likely to lose points

Spurs are spending on transfer fees - and even on high salaries (Werner reported £160k pw)
So we're not spending any more than we normally spend in January.
Others are just spending less.

Like I said.

Intrigued by the thought. It took me around 5 Seconds deliberating before thinking “he just signed a 3year deal on mega money, so he wants the sack to cash it in”.

Nice work Stevie G (but seriously think, if true, he’s serious and has utterly lost the plot, if he ever had it).
I reckon Klopp waited till Stevie G signed a new deal before he announced so Stevie couldn't fuck the club up

Heard an interesting stat on Gallagher today. He’s committed the most fouls in the league by a mile, but isn’t in the top ten for bookings.

Seems he’s adept at breaking up possible counter attacks on the edge of the oppo box, before the attack can come to anything. Maybe this is something we’ve looked at?

Heard an interesting stat on Gallagher today. He’s committed the most fouls in the league by a mile, but isn’t in the top ten for bookings.

Seems he’s adept at breaking up possible counter attacks on the edge of the oppo box, before the attack can come to anything. Maybe this is something we’ve looked at?
What excites Ange the most is probably the fact that he has won possession in the attacking third 20 times...the most in the top seven European leagues...a high pressing monster...

GCBk_OtXAAAUX5I

Yup

People that don't want him can't (or don't want) to see the bigger picture...

Back
Top Bottom