January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd bring in Toney and sell Richarlison.

Nothing personal against Richarlison. Just business.

I'm not sold on Solomon or Johnson yet either, but don't know what to do about that.

I'm not sold on Solomon or Johnson yet either, but don't know what to do about that.
We don't want Toney, nor will we get him.

Ange and the club have been saying since day dot they want players that want to be here.

Toney not only seems like a really bad character fit for the current squad, but has been twerking for Woolwich for months.

No thanks

We need another Maddison type player in the squad , however it’s taken us this long to replace Erisken so not sure how easy it will be to get someone in, however I trust in our scouting to find someone , I just hope Levy takes the risk as if we are looking in a good position for top 4 come January does he think that will do rather than back Ange and have a go for the title?

If Bryan Gil doesn't start to "produce" then I would have a look at Takefusa Kubo. It looks like he's finally matured into a top quality player, after Real Madrid sold him to Real Sociedad (where Ødegaard spent the 2019-20 season on loan.)

Cheeky 50m bid for Paqueta?

We could soak up his ban.

Could play either 8 positions

West Ham wouldn't even bother replying to such an offer. They wanted £80m+ from Man City; so they won't sell him for less than that to any other team.

cant get toney if hes been betting on his team to lose, thats fucking terrible im surprised hes even allowed to play again after that. not sure youd want that as a team mate either, the dressing room is coming together nicely you cant just chuck someone like that in there.

solomon cost fuck all and might serve a purpose against weaker sides etc. first impressions of johnson aren't great i agree, bit of a worry as he cost big money.

Who would you go for?

Eze is the obvious for CM/AM, absolute quality player, Base client like Bissouma, Maddison and Ange and will have 1 year left end of season so obvious move.

But then if we need a top draw attacker and CB that is less clear particularly the attacker.

Eze for sure. He seems , in the same way Maddison has maybe needed a slughtly lesser side first and then to us or type

Centre back - who knows.

Striker-wise, it's a necessity for me. Richarlison, even if he does improve just doesn't comvince. I might be wrong.

For now Son is being more than anyone could have hoped and might just negate the need.

If Bryan Gil doesn't start to "produce" then I would have a look at Takefusa Kubo. It looks like he's finally matured into a top quality player, after Real Madrid sold him to Real Sociedad (where Ødegaard spent the 2019-20 season on loan.)
They have a buyback clause iirc.

View: https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1706412952566296840?s=20

Player appointing a new agent usually means new agent's task is to find a new club able to pay required transfer fee to current club, able to pay better wages to player and ensure player likes new manager's proposal for game time, style of play etc. (not necessarily in that order)

Hopefully he does leave. His effort was really poor when he came on last weekend. I watched him hardly track back a couple times when Woolwich were on the front foot and breaking through the lines. It doesn’t seem like he’s bought in to the squad togetherness and clearly thinks he should be starting even though we know that would be a bit of a disaster with the system we play. Get him out and bring in a young and hungry player that’s ok with fighting for a spot. One that’s more suited to the system as well.

cant get toney if hes been betting on his team to lose, thats fucking terrible im surprised hes even allowed to play again after that. not sure youd want that as a team mate either, the dressing room is coming together nicely you cant just chuck someone like that in there.

solomon cost fuck all and might serve a purpose against weaker sides etc. first impressions of johnson aren't great i agree, bit of a worry as he cost big money.
Personally, I'd forgive Toney for his betting actions and move on. Reason being, he unfairly missed the World Cup, is going to serve a ban, and the game is riddled with betting advertisement so it is hypocritical. I doubt he will do it again, admits he needs mental health help, and he scores more goals than Richarlison. He's actually realer than anyone in our dressing room and it intimidates people.

If Ange is a good manager he could work with a good goalscorer and Lord knows we need one and there are not many around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom