January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally, I'd forgive Toney for his betting actions and move on. Reason being, he unfairly missed the World Cup, is going to serve a ban, and the game is riddled with betting advertisement so it is hypocritical. I doubt he will do it again, admits he needs mental health help, and he scores more goals than Richarlison. He's actually realer than anyone in our dressing room and it intimidates people.

If Ange is a good manager he could work with a good goalscorer and Lord knows we need one and there are not many around.
betting on your team to lose is next level though. i dont think you can trust someone whos done that. i personally couldnt give a fuck about him gambling on professional games of football even though thats not allowed, but to bet on yourself to lose is different.

betting on your team to lose is next level though. i dont think you can trust someone whos done that. i personally couldnt give a fuck about him gambling on professional games of football even though thats not allowed, but to bet on yourself to lose is different.
I don't think so. I respect your opinion, but I know Spurs fans who bet on Spurs to lose for emotional insurance. It doesn't make them any less of a fan if they think they are going to lose and put money on the other team. You could put a fiver on Woolwich as the favourites against us at the Emirates and still want us to win, and not mind losing the five pounds if we got a win or a draw there.

I don't think he bet when he was playing.

I don't think so. I respect your opinion, but I know Spurs fans who bet on Spurs to lose for emotional insurance. It doesn't make them any less of a fan if they think they are going to lose and put money on the other team. You could put a fiver on Woolwich as the favourites against us at the Emirates and still want us to win, and not mind losing the five pounds if we got a win or a draw there.

I don't think he bet when he was playing.
i put money on spurs to lose big games sometimes. but thats completely different. hes involved in the game, subconsciously he knows that losing will financially reward him and hes out there running about, its completely different to a fan doing it.

i put money on spurs to lose big games sometimes. but thats completely different. hes involved in the game, subconsciously he knows that losing will financially reward him and hes out there running about, its completely different to a fan doing it.
I haven't seen any evidence to suggest he was in a game he was betting on. In other words, he did exactly the same as you.

I haven't seen any evidence to suggest he was in a game he was betting on. In other words, he did exactly the same as you.
well thats what another poster said anyway. you would think that betting on your team to lose in a game you are actually playing in would result in a seriously long ban if not life.

"The commission found that 29 bets related to the club Toney was registered with or on loan with at the time. These included 13 bets on his own club to lose, although Toney was not involved in those games."

oh fair enough, yea i couldnt give a fuck about that lol

Personally, I'd forgive Toney for his betting actions and move on. Reason being, he unfairly missed the World Cup, is going to serve a ban, and the game is riddled with betting advertisement so it is hypocritical. I doubt he will do it again, admits he needs mental health help, and he scores more goals than Richarlison. He's actually realer than anyone in our dressing room and it intimidates people.

If Ange is a good manager he could work with a good goalscorer and Lord knows we need one and there are not many around.
Nah.

Hopefully he does leave. His effort was really poor when he came on last weekend. I watched him hardly track back a couple times when Woolwich were on the front foot and breaking through the lines. It doesn’t seem like he’s bought in to the squad togetherness and clearly thinks he should be starting even though we know that would be a bit of a disaster with the system we play. Get him out and bring in a young and hungry player that’s ok with fighting for a spot. One that’s more suited to the system as well.
wow people really see what they want to see.

no thanks on Ivan Toney but it's never going to happen anyway. Levy won't pay 60m plus on a player approaching 28 and Brentford are cunts that will ask us for a high figure before bending over for gooner scum.

We will obviously be looking for a striker come next Summer, not sure if Richy sticks around unless he seriously improves, question is who can we target because the market is pretty dead.

wow people really see what they want to see.
yep. i thought PEH did well when he came on. as he has every time hes came on this season. he sucks the oppo into a false sense of security before playing forward, hes different to the main 3 that start.

if he does want off then good luck to him hes good enough to be starting week in week out for a big club, if he does stay then im even happier, hes a great player to have come off the bench. offers something different to the rest of our midfielders.

We press from the front, the only thing Toney ever pressed was his trousers for his court case
Toney is a genuine number 9 that only needs half a chance to convert. Imagine the number of goals he can score with Maddison and Porro feeding him through -balls and crosses.

"Everyone needs to press" is a myth, BJ was clearly doing no pressing against Woolwich and that seemed to be the game plan for him to focus on bursting forward

Toney is a genuine number 9 that only needs half a chance to convert. Imagine the number of goals he can score with Maddison and Porro feeding him through -balls and crosses.

"Everyone needs to press" is a myth, BJ was clearly doing no pressing against Woolwich and that seemed to be the game plan for him to focus on bursting forward

Toney wouldn’t have scored some of the goals that Son has already this season.
Nowhere near as clinical as Son. Better hold up and trad #9 play though.

Need to watch back but remember BJ pressing plenty.

Back
Top Bottom