January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would like Veliz to be given chances once he comes back from injury rather than us buying a new striker.

At his age, Veliz might be better on loan next season. If Richy and Son are still here, or if Richy left and we replaced him (Zirkzee), Veliz would still be 3rd in line for minutes as a CF. He's young. and needs to play. I'd be shocked if he didn't go out on loan next summer tbh.

At his age, Veliz might be better on loan next season. If Richy and Son are still here, or if Richy left and we replaced him (Zirkzee), Veliz would still be 3rd in line for minutes as a CF. He's young. and needs to play. I'd be shocked if he didn't go out on loan next summer tbh.
Ange has to give Veliz, Scarlett and Parrott a look over in the summer as well as Soonsup-Bell and Lankshear who won't be pleased if we buy in a new striker.
If after pre-season Ange decides none of these has a chance at THFC maybe then we start looking for strikers.

Veliz aleady scored against Brighton, Ange also gave him minutes in the first team earlier than expected. There are going to be times when Richie an Son aren't going to be available or games like Brighton where we're down and out. I don't see Richie leaving but like I say it doesn't stop Veliz getting minutes. It was just really unfortunate he got injured, he was so happy to get his first goal.

I think i agree with MVP MVP on this one tbh. If Nusa is signed that would mean...

Son, Richi, Kulu, Nusa, Johnson, Solomon, Veliz for 3 positions is more then enough. I think we only bring a striker in IF we decide to cash in on Richarlisons good form and recoup a large chunk of what we paid.

Veliz aleady scored against Brighton, Ange also gave him minutes in the first team earlier than expected. There are going to be times when Richie an Son aren't going to be available or games like Brighton where we're down and out. I don't see Richie leaving but like I say it doesn't stop Veliz getting minutes. It was just really unfortunate he got injured, he was so happy to get his first goal.

It's a balancing act, I think we're better off with Veliz getting mins and being on loan otherwise he won't improve that much.

I think i agree with MVP MVP on this one tbh. If Nusa is signed that would mean...

Son, Richi, Kulu, Nusa, Johnson, Solomon, Veliz for 3 positions is more then enough. I think we only bring a striker in IF we decide to cash in on Richarlisons good form and recoup a large chunk of what we paid.

That's without even mentioning Werner, who we may make permanent if he performs well.

It's a balancing act, I think we're better off with Veliz getting mins and being on loan otherwise he won't improve that much.
We give him the minutes and just wait and see. Ange will give him further chances during preseason.

Ange has to give Veliz, Scarlett and Parrott a look over in the summer as well as Soonsup-Bell and Lankshear who won't be pleased if we buy in a new striker.
If after pre-season Ange decides none of these has a chance at THFC maybe then we start looking for strikers.

Parrott is the only one of those that is at the now or never stage. The others can all go out on loan next season and still improve their career prospects at or away from Spurs.

But how many minutes? He's young and at a critical time for playing and developing. The odd 15-30mins or a start in the Carabao isn't the best thing for the player.
If Richy left would you trust Veliz to be ready to step in as our full time starting #9? If not then he would develop better at his age by playing every week somewhere. This kid is possibly Argentina's future starting #9, he needs to develop.

You sign a striker if Richy moves on. only if he moves on. Unless you decide one of Scarlett/Veliz/Parrott/Soonsup-Bell/Lankshear is ready to be the first back up #9 to Son.
If Werner is made permanent then it gets even more complicated.

Just can't see a world where Veliz isn't on loan next season personally.

Back
Top Bottom