January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But then he'll needs competitive games to improve, can't keep him on the bench for a just in case scenario, he needs a loan.
He's part of the squad, so we can keep him on the bench. A strong bench is necessary to change games and if he does well he will be given more of an opportunity.
Ok,

So you weigh up a young player's development against the chances that things "could happen" to give him a chance to play.

If you look at those 2 things, you probably take the best decision for the player and your investment and send him on loan to develop. IMO.

But maybe I'm wrong and something happens that gets him on the pitch ahead of Richy, Son and maybe Werner at CF.
Ange thinks he's good enough to stay with the first team squad, he didn't send him on loan. Qualifying for Europe will mean lots more opportunities for him. I can think of lots of scenarios where he get minutes.

He's part of the squad, so we can keep him on the bench. A strong bench is necessary to change games and if he does well he will be given more of an opportunity.

Ange thinks he's good enough to stay with the first team squad, he didn't send him on loan. Qualifying for Europe will mean lots more opportunities for him. I can think of lots of scenarios where he get minutes.

He kept him to assess him and acclimatise him to the club and country.

If he keeps him around next season is a totally different question

But he's not going to get games regardless if we keep him on the bench, how is he meant to improve if he doesn't get a run of games and he doesn't get tested.

More to the point...how many of our rivals have more than 2 strikers in their first team?

View: https://youtu.be/WtmMQS3VsJw?si=HKM6MEuF41_WlxGh

Definitely a touch of Gullit in there.
It's lazy comp because they are both big, strong, skilled, Dutch forwards but it's also good comp because they are both big, strong, skilled, Dutch forwards.

Only a touch though because I'm not sure today's kids understand how good Gullit was. As a 90's kid I only really caught the end but he was a mix of Kane and Van Basten, with a bit of Drogba.

Also, am I the only one that thought Dele should have converted into forward full-time after he put the muscle on? He could be a fucking great Ange ball #9 imo.

I know it’s YouTube but the lad look really fast, great ball control, good finishing, could play across the front line and as a Maddison replacement.

I love to see somebody come up with an intelligent and witty reply. Keep trying you might get there one day.

I love to see somebody come up with an intelligent and witty reply. Keep trying you might get there one day.

Where would he fit in our Director of Football and Scott Munn?

The player has got to want to go there too of course. He needs to move clubs though that’s for sure. He’s not a bad player. Back to palace, wolves, Bournemouth etc are the moves he should be trying to make if he cares more about his career than money

AWB? Reportedly he doesn't want to go to Saudi.

Elsewhere; Tosin being linked to AC Milan.

He kept him to assess him and acclimatise him to the club and country.

If he keeps him around next season is a totally different question
But he didn't have to use him matches, if he felt that he wasn't ready he wouldn't get minutes.
But he's not going to get games regardless if we keep him on the bench, how is he meant to improve if he doesn't get a run of games and he doesn't get tested.

More to the point...how many of our rivals have more than 2 strikers in their first team?
He will get chances of the bench like he did vs Brighton and that way he will get trusted more.
We don't play like other teams, Ange wouldn't have used him at all if he didn't think he was ready. Like I said I trust Ange's judgement.

But he didn't have to use him matches, if he felt that he wasn't ready he wouldn't get minutes.

He will get chances of the bench like he did vs Brighton and that way he will get trusted more.
We don't play like other teams, Ange wouldn't have used him at all if he didn't think he was ready. Like I said I trust Ange's judgement.

ok mate.

Back
Top Bottom