January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need top level attacking talent in. Can wait a season or two to become that but we have to get it right. There is just such a dearth of top quality number 9s right now. Is it the hardest position to buy?
Yeah I think so. I think we should just go all in on Son and Richy as centre forwards for now as both different, offer different options and with Richy now proving he can score.

I think we will sign Werner, Solomon(who knows possibly a loan next year)

Johnson and Kulu(could become an attacking utility player)

With Gil likely leaving I think that leaves room for us to buy another wide forward

Yeah I think so. I think we should just go all in on Son and Richy as centre forwards for now as both different, offer different options and with Richy now proving he can score.

I think we will sign Werner, Solomon(who knows possibly a loan next year)

Johnson and Kulu(could become an attacking utility player)

With Gil likely leaving I think that leaves room for us to buy another wide forward

We need at least 2 forwards if we are serious, Richy and Solomon don't need to be here next season

It's professional football and every player has a number, as does every manager BUT Emerson's value to the culture of the team with intangibles and versatility probably means that his price is way above what any club would pay based on just what they see on the pitch technically and physically.

Fans tend to look at players with only the information they have but quotes like that from Ange should give you that extra bit of information to know that he really wants him around and that there is probably a really fucking good reason for that.
Zidanes y Pavones.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid won't even be needed to translate.

Mate seriously, enough with the 23 years. The problem era was the 4-5 years when the stadium build was on. Levy took his eye off the Football side of things and we suffered.

For the majority of those 23 years, he put in place a strategy that took us from relegation flirters to CL regulars, built the best stadium in the World, along with Hotspur Way, and now has us as one of the biggest clubs on Earth.

The only thing missing in that time was trophies. He tried to fast track them with Mourinho & Conte but failed. Now he's going back to the strategy we started with, but has improved the team carrying out that strategy.

OK, he dropped the ball for a few years Football wise. He trusted the wrong person/people to oversee that side of it, whilst the stadium was his focus. He's obviously now learned from that. He now has the infrastructure in place, so the main focus is solely on the Football side. He appears to have recruited a top notch management team, and I'd be hugely disappointed if he didn't bring Paratici back into the fold once his ban is up.

The strategy is so clear that even us fans can see it. The change in the way we do our player trading has clearly changed. Two windows in a row with key players in early?

The choice is yours Bruv. Hang onto your hate for hate's sake, or shake it off and actually enjoy this new dawn.

I'm closing in on 60 years now, and I can tell you truthfully that I can't remember ever being this excited about the team's future since The General brought Ozzie and Ricky. It's a great feeling.

Whatever your feelings about Levy, he is most definitely the Architect of this. Whether it's luck or judgement I couldn't care less, it's happening when he's in charge. If you think all this is going on in spite of him then you really haven't got a Scooby about how these things work.

Here's a question for you, name me another club that has gone from the equivalent of Southampton, to one of the top 8 ranked clubs on Earth in 23 years?

Your entire reason for "hating" the man is based on us only getting the one trophy over that time, so here's another question for you. If we start winning those trophies over the next few years, then continue to do so for years after that, will you continue to "hate" him?

Can you look at yourself in a mirror and justify that "hatred" if that happens? Can you even justify the "hatred" you previously had for him if that happens?

You're not a stupid bloke Zomb, unlike some of the utter morons on here, you just have a blind spot where he, and certain other players are concerned as I see it.

I'll tell you what I see with regard to Levy. I see a guy who has abandoned this very British demeanour of short termism, and adopted the long term vision that I think is synonymous with the Japanese, when it comes to business, and I now think that we're about to see the fruits of that long term vision.

I'll leave it to you to decide whether you think I'm right on that. Maybe then you'll abandon this Levybot rubbish and, at the very least, accept that those "defending" him actually have a point.

Like I said, you're not a stupid man, I'm sure you'll start seeing things a little differently once you've ruminated over the above for a bit.
We don't always see eye to eye, and I'm not always a fan of your style (a bit too LeParisien for my liking), but gotta hand it to you here, Sir...proper quality post, brilliantly summed things up. Didn't know you had that in your locker 🤣😘

That one trophy in 23 years proper bugs me and I've given ENIC & Levy plenty stick for them past few years of absolute shambolic nonsense they've put us through as fans...but you're right, the big man has done more than his fair share of uber positive stuff. Had we won even a couple extra League Cups, loads on here would be talking about him as the GOAT chairman edition.

This football loving & Spurs supporting thing of ours is a mad emotional ride and it's easy to let those feelings cloud our judgment - one way or the other - but when you put things down on paper as clearly and eloquently as you've done there, it's not even up for debate that we've grown zillion fold as a club since they've been in charge.

Now let's just hope it pays the kind of dividends that really matters to us...trophies. a few of them. Big shiny ones. And that it happens soon.

Osimhen will never be a target for us as he’d cost far too much. Tel is the type of profile our club is looking at. Young and full of potential. We won’t be buying any players above 25 years old just now. There’s obviously a plan to build a squad that can grow together so anyone coming in must fit how we play and be of a certain age. Maybe a striker might be the exception but I doubt it.

What do you think of Tel?

Would he be 9 or WF in our system?

Was touted as future ballon d'Or level before but you'd have to think almost impossible to prize away from Bayern with a new manager looking at him. Tuchel staying then maybe.

Yeah while I do agree would the club think selling Richarlison be the right thing to do especially if he scores another 8 goals for instance

If Ange has anything about him he wouldn't stand in the way of Richy getting a move, if he scores another 8 goals this season that says more about the system than him in all honesty.

If Ange has anything about him he wouldn't stand in the way of Richy getting a move, if he scores another 8 goals this season that says more about the system than him in all honesty.
Yeah I don't think he will stand in his way but club might, Son ain't getting younger season after next he's 33 and sooner or later he needs replacing too.

I'm just playing devil's advocate

I don't think its ever a good Idea to be in the market every year for a top notch CF

You spend too much time on here no wonder you're tired blah blah etc...

Terrifying Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

Yeah I don't think he will stand in his way but club might, Son ain't getting younger season after next he's 33 and sooner or later he needs replacing too.

I'm just playing devil's advocate

I don't think its ever a good Idea to be in the market every year for a top notch CF

The thing is we need to upgrade our CF option sooner or later, it's probably the best time to sell Rich when his stocks are high and he's been linked with a move to Saudi as well.

Nah we are all in your wake hommie. Some three thousand!!! In your wake. And your Richarlison hobby horse is just as dull as my Gallagher one. Do you see how this works?

Nah not really, I've only been on this bandwagon for a couple of weeks

You spent the entirety of the Jan and Summer Transfer Windows repeating the same thing about Gallagher EVERY DAY, after every Gallagher article or news was posted you kept telling the forum that you're not a fan, blah blah blah...boring 😆

Back
Top Bottom