January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It won't happen because he would cost a fortune and Villa don't need to sell him, but I think Ollie Watkins would be perfect for Angie and our style of play. He's not clinical but his movement means he will always get enough chances to score a healthy amount of goals. He also presses as good as any other striker in the Premier League also. I know people love big names and he's not particularly that, but I think he would suit us more than Toney who might be a more realistic option.
I like him too but it’s a divided opinion on him in here. His movement is excellent,very mobile and works like fuck.
There’s something that grates on me regarding Toney but he’s a very good number 9. Good at everything you want in a striker but not very quick. I think he’s got that elusive pace that Kane has when he looks slower than he is.
I’d happily take either as both are an upgrade on what we have.

I like him too but it’s a divided opinion on him in here. His movement is excellent,very mobile and works like fuck.
There’s something that grates on me regarding Toney but he’s a very good number 9. Good at everything you want in a striker but not very quick. I think he’s got that elusive pace that Kane has when he looks slower than he is.

Watkins is OK.

Does he take you from Top 4 contender to title contender? In the role that #9 performs in this system?

Also, Watkins is the finished article now, at his peak. Same for Toney. They aren't going to go up levels from here.

And when it comes to renew time for the other players what do you think they will be asking for...:gallashmm:
they will cut there wages cuz they love spurs and ange
tenor.gif

Clickbait. Don’t fall for it. He just commented on his own performance for LAFC. Nothing interesting here
That is possibly the dumbest post ever on TFC. And there is some competition for that "honour."
Read the bleeding article.
It contains Lloris' own quotes and a rundown of how all the players who left Spurs last year are doing.

Hugo Lloris impressed on his debut for Los Angeles FC at the weekend
- despite his own feelings on his performance - which means it's time to check in on all of the Tottenham players who have left the club permanently since the end of last season.

That is possibly the dumbest post ever on TFC. And there is some competition for that "honour."
It contains Lloris' own quotes and a rundown of how all the players who left Spurs last year are doing.

- despite his own feelings on his performance - which means it's time to check in on all of the Tottenham players who have left the club permanently since the end of last season.

Clearly you don't understand what "clickbait" means.......

The headline implies that Hugo & Winks had been talking spicy shit about Spurs.... Which is far from the actual content.

The irony here is real.

“Lloris brutally honest after Tottenham exit…” clearly seeks to suggest that he has dropped some interesting quotes about his time at Tottenham.

But really he made some mundane comments about getting to know his back four and how that will come with time.

Not really clear what any of that has to do with our summer signings either.

Dumbest post on this forum is when you tried to suggest that people who believe climate change is real believe humans are making the sun hotter.

Off you pop.

The irony here is real.

“Lloris brutally honest after Tottenham exit…” clearly seeks to suggest that he has dropped some interesting quotes about his time at Tottenham.

But really he made some mundane comments about getting to know his back four and how that will come with time.

Not really clear what any of that has to do with our summer signings either.

Dumbest post on this forum is when you tried to suggest that people who believe climate change is real believe humans are making the sun hotter.

Off you pop.
No, you are the popped one.
Lloris literally used the word honesty to criticise his own performance.
Fantastic, informative article with an explanatory headline and you just won't admit you got it wrong.
Just like that other thing you mentioned.

Last edited:

Watkins would be an upgrade on Richarlison, and I like the latter more than most. Not a huge upgrade, but one none the less. Just has more goals in him while also being a really hard working player. Toney is a better finisher than Watkins and has more natural ability. As you say, I would be happy with either but feel Ivan Toney is the much more realistic.

Outside of the Premier League, Osimhen would be an amazing signing but can only see Chelsea throwing daft amounts of money at him. Tel at Bayern Munich would be a dark horse sort of signing as I think he has tons of potential and isn't getting a lot of play time there because of you know who.

Watkins would be an upgrade on Richarlison, and I like the latter more than most. Not a huge upgrade, but one none the less. Just has more goals in him while also being a really hard working player. Toney is a better finisher than Watkins and has more natural ability. As you say, I would be happy with either but feel Ivan Toney is the much more realistic.

Outside of the Premier League, Osimhen would be an amazing signing but can only see Chelsea throwing daft amounts of money at him. Tel at Bayern Munich would be a dark horse sort of signing as I think he has tons of potential and isn't getting a lot of play time there because of you know who.
Osimhen will never be a target for us as he’d cost far too much. Tel is the type of profile our club is looking at. Young and full of potential. We won’t be buying any players above 25 years old just now. There’s obviously a plan to build a squad that can grow together so anyone coming in must fit how we play and be of a certain age. Maybe a striker might be the exception but I doubt it.

Osimhen will never be a target for us as he’d cost far too much. Tel is the type of profile our club is looking at. Young and full of potential. We won’t be buying any players above 25 years old just now. There’s obviously a plan to build a squad that can grow together so anyone coming in must fit how we play and be of a certain age. Maybe a striker might be the exception but I doubt it.
nicoclaesen how good is Sesko? I genuinely can't decide. I sometimes think yeah he's going to be the one then I watch and think ...nah 🤔

nicoclaesen how good is Sesko? I genuinely can't decide. I sometimes think yeah he's going to be the one then I watch and think ...nah 🤔
I think potentially top drawer. He’s a big lad with a great touch and has that selfish bit in him where he wants to score. Ever since we’ve been mentioned with him a while back I’ve watched him closer. He’s at that right age and fits everything we are doing but the price tag will be ridiculous which probably rules him out.
I know people aren’t keen but I think Vlahovic at just turned 24 is the best we’d get if we are going for a player of the right age but ready to go. Scoring goals and playing well again and I’d imagine he’d want a pop at the PL. He’s another who divides opinion on here.
To get any striker worth their salt is going to cost £50 million plus minimum. Whether we are in that market I don’t know.

I think potentially top drawer. He’s a big lad with a great touch and has that selfish bit in him where he wants to score. Ever since we’ve been mentioned with him a while back I’ve watched him closer. He’s at that right age and fits everything we are doing but the price tag will be ridiculous which probably rules him out.
I know people aren’t keen but I think Vlahovic at just turned 24 is the best we’d get if we are going for a player of the right age but ready to go. Scoring goals and playing well again and I’d imagine he’d want a pop at the PL. He’s another who divides opinion on here.
To get any striker worth their salt is going to cost £50 million plus minimum. Whether we are in that market I don’t know.
vlahovic is in form again too

just doesnt suit allegri's boring style

Back
Top Bottom