January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole Neymar debacle is fucking over everyone in Europe.

If it stays at a standstill, then Dybala to us in on in January.

Just hope our results perk up so he doesn't think twice.

January signings are pointless, unless you get a ready made premier league player in you are looking at 2-3 months for them to acclimatize to the prem. You won't begin to see the best of them until next season.

Our outs are as important as our ins when it comes to the long and short of it. Currently the players I have long term squad quality question marks over are:

Walker-Peters or Aurier (we only need one)
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Rose
Dier
Wanyama
Sissoko
Eriksen
Lamela

A little harsh on a few of them and I'm not saying we move all of them on but how I see it is we have a few too many that offer nice squad depth (Walker-Peters or Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Sessegnon, Winks) that we are slowly veering towards relying on as first team starters before they are ready or proven to be worthy of it.

Lloris
New RB
New CB
New CB
Davies
New CM
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Dele
Son
Kane

Got to go heavy for a new RB & 2x new CB unless we get someone stand up this year and make those spots their own. Not necessarily for January obviously but at the moment, how I see it a RB, 2xCB, CM, AM, FWD are where the team could do with tweaks or added value (no I don't expect all these areas to get investment but that's where I see investment potentially required)

---------new GK

new RB----new CB----new CB----new LB

----new CM----Ndombele
new RW--------GLC--------Son

--------Kane

Sub
new GK
new RB/LB
Sanchez
new CM
Dele
Lucas
new ST

We need to clear out at least 2/3 of personell over the next 1/2 seasons.

---------new GK

new RB----new CB----new CB----new LB

----new CM----Ndombele
new RW--------GLC--------Son

--------Kane

Sub
new GK
new RB/LB
Sanchez
new CM
Dele
Lucas
new ST

We need to clear out at least 2/3 of personell over the next 1/2 seasons.

We might recruit 8 players over next 2 seasons (max) for the first team squad and might get another one or two youngsters. Availability of suitable players (ability temperament and mix of HG etc) will be the constraint rather than money

So you are going to need to use some of the existing players.

Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth would be a good addition. Currently last year of his contract. Very underrated player. Scores and assists goals. Busy little sod. Plays mainly on the left . Doesn’t look as good on the ball as Lamela but achieves a damn sight more.

Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth would be a good addition. Currently last year of his contract. Very underrated player. Scores and assists goals. Busy little sod. Plays mainly on the left . Doesn’t look as good on the ball as Lamela but achieves a damn sight more.
We have had much more success with EPL and lower league proven players rather than foreign buys.
Bale, Dele, Toby are examples.

Our outs are as important as our ins when it comes to the long and short of it. Currently the players I have long term squad quality question marks over are:

Walker-Peters or Aurier (we only need one)
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Rose
Dier
Wanyama
Sissoko
Eriksen
Lamela

A little harsh on a few of them and I'm not saying we move all of them on but how I see it is we have a few too many that offer nice squad depth (Walker-Peters or Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Sessegnon, Winks) that we are slowly veering towards relying on as first team starters before they are ready or proven to be worthy of it.

Lloris
New RB
New CB
New CB
Davies
New CM
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Dele
Son
Kane

Got to go heavy for a new RB & 2x new CB unless we get someone stand up this year and make those spots their own. Not necessarily for January obviously but at the moment, how I see it a RB, 2xCB, CM, AM, FWD are where the team could do with tweaks or added value (no I don't expect all these areas to get investment but that's where I see investment potentially required)
😂 absolutely brutal! No punches pulled there. But to be fair I agree 😁 I think those outs are starting to look more clearer by the game. I honestly think the current squad peaked around 2016/17, and with such little movement since it’s time for a more radical over haul, one problem...the type of real change and over haul needed is very unlikely as levy wouldn’t sanction it., in 1 window that’s for sure, which you have rightly said. You only have to look at the summer window..with possible outgoings to the Europe window and a shaky start to the season..we look a few players short.
I am not sure on Davies at LB, he’s a solid player, good squad man, but not a high quality starter for me. But like all spurs supporters I don’t see us doing much if anything at all in Jan window, especially with the quality type players we need.

😂 absolutely brutal! No punches pulled there. But to be fair I agree 😁 I think those outs are starting to look more clearer by the game. I honestly think the current squad peaked around 2016/17, and with such little movement since it’s time for a more radical over haul, one problem...the type of real change and over haul needed is very unlikely as levy wouldn’t sanction it., in 1 window that’s for sure, which you have rightly said. You only have to look at the summer window..with possible outgoings to the Europe window and a shaky start to the season..we look a few players short.
I am not sure on Davies at LB, he’s a solid player, good squad man, but not a high quality starter for me. But like all spurs supporters I don’t see us doing much if anything at all in Jan window, especially with the quality type players we need.

I think Sessegnon has been signed to become our new LB but he'll need bedding in. Rose clearly wants out or we want him out so until Sessegnon is developed enough to show if he has the minerals for it I'm happy with the reliable Davies doing his part.

Not a long term solution but then if we have signed Sessegnon to be that we already have one in our ranks.

My current hit list would be Youcef Atal (RB - £35m), Dayot Upamecano (CB- £50m), Houssem Aouar (CM/AM - £50m) & Paolo Dybala (FWD £60m). Any change left over keep an eye on Evan N'Dicka (£30m), CB playing in Germany. (Fuck me that's c£200m on a hit list over the next 12 months!)

Ship out Rose, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Wanyama, one of Dier or Sissoko, Eriksen & Lamela. £85m-£90m in, roughly a bollock drop of £100m-£115m spent. Fuck me it's going to be an expensive January & summer 2020 :avbshock:

Truth be told, regardless of how grim it might be for the next few months we could really do with that £40m-£50m Eriksen bid coming in from Spain durin the next few days for the best of our finances long term. Getting fuck all for Toby, Jan and Christian next season would be a catastrophe and really set us back in the business we need to do.

Last edited:
My current hit list would be Youcef Atal (RB - £35m), Dayot Upamecano (CB- £50m), Houssem Aouar (CM/AM - £50m) & Paolo Dybala (FWD £60m). Any change left over keep an eye on Evan N'Dicka (£30m), CB playing in Germany. (Fuck me that's c£200m on a hit list over the next 12 months!)

Ship out Rose, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Wanyama, one of Dier or Sissoko, Eriksen & Lamela. £85m-£90m in, roughly a bollock drop of £100m-£115m spent. Fuck me it's going to be an expensive January & summer 2020 :avbshock:

Truth be told, regardless of how grim it might be for the next few months we could really do with that £40m-£50m Eriksen bid coming in from Spain durin the next few days for the best of our finances long term. Getting fuck all for Toby, Jan and Christian next season would be a catastrophe and really set us back in the business we need to do.
So to summarise - you believe we will sell 7-8 first team players in January (and be extension find clubs desperate enough to sign them for a premium in January) - which would be a world record no doubt and then go on to sign 5-6 new first class players in the same time?

:leaveityeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom