January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent get. 14 goals in the Bundesliga last season. 17 in Ligue 2 the season before that. No goals this season according to the Bundesligas website but all of Mainz are struggling which could explain that. He's a tall lad that scores a lot of headers and likes to make runs in behind the backline. Something our strikers except for Sonny seem to not want to do. He was fun to watch in the Bundesliga last season.

Looks ok but he will be on the bench most of the time. Does he really want that at his age

Looks ok but he will be on the bench most of the time. Does he really want that at his age
That is the question. If we are moving more towards a 2 man striker team (which we have with the diamond so far) he could play in front of Kane or in a tandem with Sonny

giphy.gif

Looks like Isco is the new Damaio, Huntelaar, Lassana Diarra

That is the question. If we are moving more towards a 2 man striker team (which we have with the diamond so far) he could play in front of Kane or in a tandem with Sonny

We need to ditch the diamond but that is another discussion

So instead of Dybala we are going for this guy. I think our manager is losing the plot tbh. His tactics, formations, substitutions, transfer targets.....all confusing

Can definitely see Kane getting dropped deeper and getting another striker in.

Lucas and Son aren't strikers.

Lucas and Son aren't strikers.
The way he played on Monday vs Bulgaria shows how devastating he can be as a false 9. He's England's most creative player and best scorer, and is probably ours too.

That's actually one of my main worries. To do a Rooney on him.

I don't want him deep. Yes, he can play there, but we should find someone who can fill that role, rather than shunt our best player into the position.

I could see us sell a few players and not bring in any, honestly.

If we can sell any of the overseas trained players we want to (Wanyama, Aurier) or those whose contracts end in the summer (Alderweireld, Vertonnghen, Eriksen) or even an overseas trained fringe player, then I think we will buy provided we can bring in a player we want.

I think getting rid of overseas trained players is our biggest problem atm.

Luckily his words hardly mean anything these days and they very rarely predict what will actually happen.

Tbf, he almost has to say that to keep the current players motivated. Imagine if he said 'I've no faith in the existing clutch of players so I'm going to sign another 6 in TW' and the effect on the current squad.

But imo he'd have been better off saying 'we'll look to see who's available and maybe freshen up the squad with one or two new faces' Its old and hackneyed but would probably go down better with existing players and fans alike and doesn't really commit anyone to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom