January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, he almost has to say that to keep the current players motivated. Imagine if he said 'I've no faith in the existing clutch of players so I'm going to sign another 6 in TW' and the effect on the current squad.

Except he basically said it two weeks ago. If he wanted to keep the players motivated (although I think this can no longer be the case), then he should have kept his mouth shut after the Brighton game.

Calvin Stengs. Blake Griffin over on SC pointed him out and man does he look the tits.

Also Yari Verschaeren. Little dude at Anderlecht looks to be a genius on the ball.

These are the kids we need to just drop coin on. They are right on the precipice of making it big and it’s times like these that young energy is needed.

Both are attackers, but hey, we need as much injection of creativity and desire as possible.

Yari:

Calvin:

I could see us sell a few players and not bring in any, honestly.

I think RB would stabilize with Foyth healthy, KWP being trusted to attack against bus Parkers, and Aurier getting benched until he can be sold. No new signings needed there.

Wanyama can be sold leaving us 5 cms to cover 2 spots until the summer in Ndombele, Dier, Winks, Sissoko and Skipp. No incomings needed until the summer when presumably (hopefully) Dier will be moved to CB alongside Dav.

If Foyth moves to CB along with Dier in the summer, and KWP is progressing nicely, then we can get a defensively minded RB to rotate with KWP.

Eriksen will leave, but we should be fine with Dele and Lo Celso in CAM.

Our attack is fine with Son, Lucas, Lamela, Sessegnon and Clarke on the wings. This is why we buy up and coming kids, right? To give them a chance to play and develop?

LB we will offload Rose, keep Davies and so have a choice with Sess to make him an attacking FB or buy a new attacking LB and let Sess move forward at LW.

So in total, need a new LB or LW, and a CDM in the summer, or a CB and have Diet/Skipp/Sissoko man CDM.

Toby, Eriksen and Jan are on the way out, so I don't understand why we are playing them so much. They look more determined to avoid injury than get stuck in. We should be figuring out if Dier can cut it at CDM and CB still, and if Sess is a LB or LW in order to figure out the priority for signings in the summer.

Alot if this down to Poch though. If he persists in playing the goners we'll not be able to figure out what we need to do in the next xfer windows to prepare for the future, and we will stunt the development and confidence of the youngsters we should be cultivating with game time and experience.

I'm not sure Poch is up to the task though. I hope to be proven wrong.

Calvin Stengs. Blake Griffin over on SC pointed him out and man does he look the tits.

Also Yari Verschaeren. Little dude at Anderlecht looks to be a genius on the ball.

These are the kids we need to just drop coin on. They are right on the precipice of making it big and it’s times like these that young energy is needed.

Both are attackers, but hey, we need as much injection of creativity and desire as possible.

Yari:

Calvin:

Stengs for me.

Depends on the seller.

And not in general with us. Daniel Levy has a reputation for a reason.
Fair enough. I’m not sure that Real would drop the price on Isco by £10m when Levy picks up the phone, just because Poch said we didn’t want to buy anyone. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Yari:

Calvin:

BG knows his onions. Like the look of Stengs.

Lol.... Raboit must be a weapons grade cunt.

DO EEEEEEET!!! :angryscouser:

Apparently demands to be a certain first X1 starter each week and massive wages, with his mother as the most impossible agent anyone has had to deal with. Rabiot has 6 caps from France at age 24.- same as Ndombele who is 2 years younger.

Think it might be a last option for Levy, and even so he might be better off with no player given Rabiots wage demands and dealing with the mother as agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom