January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a sign of a (mostly) settled team. And amazingly enough being settled did not lead to complacency so far.

Wonder what he thinks of our squad rotation for injuries and flaky midfield though.

I think I like what he is saying at the moment and he is a bit closer to the action than we are!

Timo Werner anyone? 11 goals in Bundesliga already this season and 18 months left on his deal.
I'd certainly go after him in the summer if no one does in January.
Could add real value to our side, in my opinion preferably 'next' to Kane (like Son does).
I'm not sure he would get enough game time though (because although he is talented, I don't see him doing Son's role better than Son in the first 2 years).

I also want to add something: if we think we can (hypothetically) get serious money for Eriksen while only having 18 months left now, we should also expect to pay serious money for any other player that has that amount of months left on his contract.

TL;DR Talented enough, would cost too much for the game time he would get in my opinion

4 funnies and a disagree.....the Scouse love fest is strong in this thread

:lennon:

24 caps aged 27....its all a bit Division One to me, last ditch hoof the ball away kind of defending.
"Best defender in the world" and half the clips are him scoring

They open with the Kante tackle that isn’t even tackle. It’s a foul. If he’d have touched the ball it wouldn’t have gone in that direction Kante touches it last.
VVD isn’t a bad defender but it’s weird he’s now the best defender in the world at Liverpool
You’d think they could find more than 11 minutes of him showing the World Class potential in a Celtic or Southampton shirt
It’s not a specific season video
Why no CL clips either
Here’s one of him being the best defender in the world v Red Star Belgrade.

Is NDombele not a must have anymore?
What happened in 16 weeks, and why didnt anybody want Sander Berge in the summer?

Genuinely interested as I dont know how this transfer craving works?

I though people had outlined NDombele as a specific player, with specific attributes to fulfill our specific needs and fix our problems.
Seeing as most think we "desperately" need a new central midfielder, what has happened to NDombele since the summer, and why now are people not still all over him?

Really want to know why the targets have all changed for people, and what they've seen of both players in 4 months that they have decided they dont want one and would rather have the other now?

And also why no one really thinks we should be putting in 30-40M bids for Sessengon anymore?

Try and answer with words and not "x" if you could be so kind too
:adethumbup:

They open with the Kante tackle that isn’t even tackle. It’s a foul. If he’d have touched the ball it wouldn’t have gone in that direction Kante touches it last.
VVD isn’t a bad defender but it’s weird he’s now the best defender in the world at Liverpool
You’d think they could find more than 11 minutes of him showing the World Class potential in a Celtic or Southampton shirt
It’s not a specific season video
Why no CL clips either
Here’s one of him being the best defender in the world v Red Star Belgrade.

Exactly.....because he's at Liverpool, then you get Spurs fans jumping all over it while claiming its football knowledge and because they "watch games outside of Spurs"......maybe they need to watch a few more Spurs games instead if they think that bloke is better than our lot.
Some people widely regard Jan as better than King......yet these people think VvD is better than Jan.
Awkward conclusions to be drawn from that eh....

Your video didnt work, but here is some highlights from that match. Best defender in the world at work
:avbshit:

(has to be watched on youtube apparently)

What happened in 16 weeks, and why didnt anybody want Sander Berge in the summer?

I though people had outlined NDombele as a specific player, with specific attributes to fulfill our specific needs and fix our problems.
Seeing as most think we "desperately" need a new central midfielder, what has happened to NDombele since the summer, and why now are people not still all over him?

Really want to know why the targets have all changed for people, and what they've seen of both players in 4 months that they have decided they dont want one and would rather have the other now?

And also why no one really thinks we should be putting in 30-40M bids for Sessengon anymore?

I think a lot of us feel NDombele would maybe be too expensive (since the first time he was mentioned here, he gained a lot of reputation and attention from other top clubs)

Sander Berge is now playing very good football in a team that's top of their league (which it's normally not!)
Personally I think our last matches have shown us (again) what Poch can get out of his players (look at Sissoko for example) so perhaps we now have again more faith in searching for raw diamonds in the transfer market like Dele at the time, which I believe Berge is

I managed to catch a few games when we were linked last year - in all honesty, I fucking love him. As you know, he's huge but he can move with the ball and he is definitely not slow either. Genuinely think he's the heir to Dembeles throne. He's only 20 years old too.

Belgian Spur Belgian Spur is probably better to ask than me. But seriously, out of all the central midfield links that are realistic, Berge is the one I've wanted for a very long time. Right age. Right physique. Right attributes to succeed under Pochettino.

He's going to be a star.

Are we entering the Sander Zone?

:wanyama:

giphy.gif

I don't think people know what they want or think we actually need. I sort of think that's okay because for most football is emotion based.

Sessegnon for me should be a chase until he goes elsewhere, signs a contract with a release clause of 45 million and upwards or tanks. Elsewhere more likely I think.

I still maintain we need a striker, for whom that is their stock-in trade.

Without doubt a central midfielder for next season will be important. The nercurial Dembele and Wanyama willl not be as good again, and then a defender, but not critical this season.

Push me into a corner and it's striker and Sessegnon this window.

I don't think people know what they want or think we actually need. I sort of think that's okay because for most football is emotion based.

Sessegnon for me should be a chase until he goes elsewhere, signs a contract with a release clause of 45 million and upwards or tanks. Elsewhere more likely I think.

I still maintain we need a striker, for whom that is their stock-in trade.

Without doubt a central midfielder for next season will be important. The nercurial Dembele and Wanyama willl not be as good again, and then a defender, but not critical this season.

Push me into a corner and it's striker and Sessegnon this window.

Striker all day long. The fact we have three and don’t use two should tell anyone that

Have to wonder if NKoudou being on the bench is transfer window related.

Maybe putting him in the window to transfer or loan out ? Or to re-integrate him in the squad if he's not being sold/loaned (at least in the next couple of weeks) so he can act as cover at AM (especially with Son off to Asian Games after ManU game). Shame if not TW related as bench time for a youngster is always a good use of a bench place.

Have to wonder if NKoudou being on the bench is transfer window related.

Maybe putting him in the window to transfer or loan out ? Or to re-integrate him in the squad if he's not being sold/loaned (at least in the next couple of weeks) so he can act as cover at AM (especially with Son off to Asian Games after ManU game). Shame if not TW related as bench time for a youngster is always a good use of a bench place.
He’s fucking shite. No one is going to pay us anything for him, just release him and be done with it.

He’s fucking shite. No one is going to pay us anything for him, just release him and be done with it.

The fact he is on the bench very strongly suggests Poch does not agree with you.

He cost circa £15m and the only question is what we can recoup from that - and the answer is not zero if he's on the bench

The fact he is on the bench very strongly suggests Poch does not agree with you.

He cost circa £15m and the only question is what we can recoup from that - and the answer is not zero if he's on the bench
He’s on the bench as we have no other attacking options. As Poch managed him the past 2 seasons it’s quite clear he doesn’t rate him at all

Ndombele has been very good this year and is likely too expensive for us that is why he doesn’t get talked about much more. Berge got linked at the end of the window and he would have been a great signing then, still would be. I really hope we get him he’s got some damn good numbers at his age,

Sessegnon we probably just see if they get relegated and can get him, no way they are selling now

Back
Top Bottom