January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trippier and Davies have reached their ceillings which will still never be good enough at this level.

Dier, Winks, Wanyama and Sissoko are technically and tactically not good enough at this level too.
I know you get a lot of stick on this forum, but I have to say that our opinions on individual footballers are almost identical. Maybe I'm your clone.

Apparently PSG still want a departure this winter for Rabiot. Considering he's been frozen out of the dressing room, it's likely it happens.

We are favourites to sign him to a 3 year contract in January with a yearly salary of €8m. Despite that offer being a better choice economically for PSG, the player and his mother prefer Barcelona.

I
Apparently PSG still want a departure this winter for Rabiot. Considering he's been frozen out of the dressing room, it's likely it happens.

We are favourites to sign him to a 3 year contract in January with a yearly salary of €8m. Despite that offer being a better choice economically for PSG, the player and his mother prefer Barcelona.

He just seems to be an absolutely massive weapon. He sulks if he’s not played exactly how he wants and then his mum turns up with sand in her vag and starts whinging.

I’m not convinced.

I

He just seems to be an absolutely massive weapon. He sulks if he’s not played exactly how he wants and then his mum turns up with sand in her vag and starts whinging.

I’m not convinced.

He's a top tier talent - but I'd be wary of his character, for sure.

He wants Barcelona over us - so if he does sign for us it's pretty much us a stepping stone. Rest him one week for Winks? Toys out of the pram.

But you'd expect it's a gamble Poch and Levy would know before heading into it - it's why if we sign Rabiot (which is undeniably cheap due to his contract running out), it'll be with the sight of making money on him in the future due to his ability, but hopefully developing others around him whilst he is here.

Rabiot in January, get Berge in the summer. Develop Skipp and Winks further for example. Rabiot excels? Sell him for huge profit a few years down the line, Berge is ready to take over like it's nothing. Considering how Levy likes to do business, this is almost a win-win for him. Even if Rabiot comes in and ends up being disruptive down the line, we'll make profit on him such is his ability.

Wtf has he done?
Probably a lot of minor things. He apparently skipped a pre-game meeting (along with Mbappe) to watch the El Classico (I think this was before the game against Lyon or Marseille which is basically as big a game as PSG will get in the league) and refused to apologize among other things.

Also the whole throwing his toys out of the pram and retiring from the national team because he did not get to go to Russia is a thing.

Great player, suspect attitude

He's a top tier talent - but I'd be wary of his character, for sure.

He wants Barcelona over us - so if he does sign for us it's pretty much us a stepping stone. Rest him one week for Winks? Toys out of the pram.

But you'd expect it's a gamble Poch and Levy would know before heading into it - it's why if we sign Rabiot (which is undeniably cheap due to his contract running out), it'll be with the sight of making money on him in the future due to his ability, but hopefully developing others around him whilst he is here.

Rabiot in January, get Berge in the summer. Develop Skipp and Winks further for example. Rabiot excels? Sell him for huge profit a few years down the line, Berge is ready to take over like it's nothing. Considering how Levy likes to do business, this is almost a win-win for him. Even if Rabiot comes in and ends up being disruptive down the line, we'll make profit on him such is his ability.
Stepping stone above Spurs is what Barca and Real Madrid? He will realize he has it good at Spurs if we do end up getting him. He won't act like a pri madonna here that is for sure.

Stepping stone above Spurs is what Barca and Real Madrid? He will realize he has it good at Spurs if we do end up getting him. He won't act like a pri madonna here that is for sure.

Well he wants to go to Barcelona - so his mother (his agent) will just be getting in touch with Barcelona probably at every opportunity and every window. If there is a hint that they become interested when he's a Spurs player then he'll kick up a fuss and he'll be gone.

It's whether want that in our team. A ridiculously talented footballer that'll come with that potential disruptive character.

Well he wants to go to Barcelona - so his mother (his agent) will just be getting in touch with Barcelona probably at every opportunity and every window. If there is a hint that they become interested when he's a Spurs player then he'll kick up a fuss and he'll be gone.

It's whether want that in our team. A ridiculously talented footballer that'll come with that potential disruptive character.

Seems like a negotiation smokescreen to extort every penny from Barca. I’m good.

The guy sounds like a thundering cunt. Do we really need someone like that in our loved-up dressing room?

Aurier also did as well, PSG is a bit of a crazy place, he might be a completely different guy with us under Poch.

Would be a gamble but a gamble on a potential world class midfielder.

A lot of what people are saying about Rabiot is similar to concerns there were about both Aurier & Moura.
Whatever anyone thinks of their respective abilities and impact, I don’t think either of their attitudes could be called in to question with us (ignoring Moura’s views on Brazilian politics)

Oh sht folks. I read through last 20 pages of this thread (ye, I expect at least a diploma for that :D ).
So behold, a lot of comments / ideas coming up now.

1. Milner situation
If James Milner doesn't sign a new deal, I would be very interested in that free transfer.
Thankfully, those days are long gone, Harry
Milner is a fantastic player to get for free.

With Dembele and Wanyama leaving in the summer, we need to supplement the CM superstar we're looking for with a less expensive option too.

Covers RB and LB too.
No chance - may be 3 years ago. He's the furthest from a Poch player possible.
Not at his age - plus we have plenty of cover in those positions. Poche would much rather take a punt on a young player or promote within like he's done with Skipp.

Damn it, I am STILL so mad and pissed that we did not go for him when he left Man City.
Role model professional. Hard working. Team player. Crazy engine. And he has proved extremely valuable asset for FCL.

Unfortunately, as much as I read about his previous transfer he is greedy as fck (went there because of salaries + agent fee etc) plus preferred to stay in North. Plus given he has played for Pool now and is older - I doubt a bit getting him now. Missed the right time with him.

2. Mystery argument
That's delusional

Mate, I have to ask, who were you arguing with about VVD being good enough for our side :D ?
It's weird as I have blocked the person you were arguing with, but this seems absurd enough to claim that he would not, so can you tell me who were you arguing with :D ?

Back
Top Bottom