January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Milner is a fantastic player to get for free.

With Dembele and Wanyama leaving in the summer, we need to supplement the CM superstar we're looking for with a less expensive option too.

Covers RB and LB too.
No chance - may be 3 years ago. He's the furthest from a Poch player possible.

Cracks me up this time of year......why has everyones wishlist changed from 16 weeks ago?

Surely we still need NDombele, Zaha, De Ligt, Martial and Grealish? Whats changed?
Must be great taking pleasure seeing us not improve the squad if given the chance just to win some imaginary internet fight. I also remember you mocking Liverpool for all their signings in the summer - must be real awkward now for you

A hard working, technically proficient, consummate professional who regularly is one of the top 5 runners in the games he plays?

Nah, doesn't sound like Poch's type.
Not at his age - plus we have plenty of cover in those positions. Poche would much rather take a punt on a young player or promote within like he's done with Skipp.

Not at his age - plus we have plenty of cover in those positions. Poche would much rather take a punt on a young player or promote within like he's done with Skipp.
Yea I told you that in the summer and you dismissed Skipp as ''random youth''.

Milner wouldn't hinder Skipp. He's cover.

CM superstar, Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Milner, Skipp would be a great lineup.

For free, it's a no brainer.

He's a winner, a leader, an excellent footballer and the only reason people would dismiss it is due to age. But the way he carries himself means his age matters little. He'll be playing into his late 30's.

DadQgtUX0AAHhuA.jpg

His versatility would also be a great benefit.

Last edited:
Must be great taking pleasure seeing us not improve the squad if given the chance just to win some imaginary internet fight. I also remember you mocking Liverpool for all their signings in the summer - must be real awkward now for you

Not really, I think they have an average as fuck squad, but they have the right set up, approach, belief and manager.

I dont think any of their players are better than ours, position for position and fully believe we will finish above them.

So many muppets do this.......laugh at the notion of playing Winks at the Bernabau and Nou Camp then its all about Winks for them after the fact. Remember in the summer "hahahahahahahahah they think we can win the league with the academy".

Now its all about Skipp for them.

Bandwagon's getting heavy

Milner wouldn't hinder Skipp. He's cover.

CM superstar, Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Milner, Skipp would be a great lineup.

For free, it's a no brainer.

He's a winner, a leader, an excellent footballer and the only reason people would dismiss it is due to age. But the way he carries himself means his age matters little. He'll playing into his late 30's.

His versatility would also be a great benefit.
Never going to happen - and has never happened looking at Poch's transfer history. And most importantly - he does not improve us. We have 3 RB options as well as 3 LB - Verts can cover there. Milner is not better than any of those an I'm not even Trippier's biggest fan.

It is the CM superstar we should focus on - not clapped has-beens on their last pay cheque.

Not really, I think they have an average as fuck squad.
Keep telling yourself that - may be soon you'll believe the delusion. Except that they improved all their weak positions in the last 2 windows

Almost as if you would prefer us NOT to improve (even though = Poch has already said he's keen to improve) just so you can win some internet battle. How's that ignore going btw?

Question is why would he come? He could go somewhere like Woolwich and play 90 minutes every week, for more money.
I don't think Milner is that fussed about money. Well, not as much as others.

He also doesn't strike me as a character who would like the look of the clownshow that is Woolwich right now.

What I don't get, is why Liverpool haven't offered him a new contract. Even with all their CM signings.

A guy like Milner in your squad is worth his weight in gold.

Back
Top Bottom