January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t have Twitter, Instagram or Facebook thanks.
Neeeeeeeeeext

I’m a Spurs fan, I make no apologies for watching Spurs more than any other team.
You seem to think it’s odd I watch Toby more than VvD.

I’m proud to be bias.

If you don’t understand that, maybe it’s you and Don that dont understand football
Everyone is biased and over-rates their own players. You're just being daft though

C9L9wkEUAAAsCHA.jpg

What conclusive proof do you have for de Bruyne?

Ive asked you though. You said I’m daft and deluded for my views.
I haven’t said insulted anyone for saying DeBruyne is better than Lamela.

I think it’s patently obvious DeBruyne is better. Other than stats, I don’t see how it’s patently obvious VvD is better than all our CBs.

So if your going to call someone myopic and deluded for claiming Jan and Toby (two world class footballers) are better than VvD who has 24 caps aged 27, the the least you can do is describe which aspects of his game are superior to that of our players.

I really don't mean to be pedantic, but I think we are using the term "reach around" a little too loosely. The idiom usually implies heaping excessive praise on someone else in order to curry favor. I mean unless you all engage in pretty exotic sexual acts as your norm, no one was giving Liverpool a reach around in here. Maybe a plain old hand job. Maybe some run of the mill oral. But not a reach around.
:ledley:

Ive asked you though. You said I’m daft and deluded for my views.
I haven’t said insulted anyone for saying DeBruyne is better than Lamela.

I think it’s patently obvious DeBruyne is better. Other than stats, I don’t see how it’s patently obvious VvD is better than all our CBs.

So if your going to call someone myopic and deluded for claiming Jan and Toby (two world class footballers) are better than VvD who has 24 caps aged 27, the the least you can do is describe which aspects of his game are superior to that of our players.
He's part of the best defence in Europe and is a tremendous player both on and off the ball. I think he's technically superior to virtually all CBs in the league bar Toby (latter has a better passing range, imv). He's physical, aerially strong, and can use both feet. Scores goals too and commands the back line which not every good CB can.

Not sure what's the big deal in admitting he's a good player, anyway. Given the chance - every top team would take him including us. Do you honestly believe if he was ours Poch would bench him?

He's part of the best defence in Europe and is a tremendous player both on and off the ball. I think he's technically superior to virtually all CBs in the league bar Toby (latter has a better passing range, imv). He's physical, aerially strong, and can use both feet. Scores goals too and commands the back line which not every good CB can.

Not sure what's the big deal in admitting he's a good player, anyway. Given the chance - every top team would take him including us. Do you honestly believe if he was ours Poch would bench him?

Yes because I believe three of our CBs are better than him.

Back
Top Bottom