January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Before I use to think we'd get rid of deadwood and buy someone late each window.

Now we ain't even sure if we'll make a single signing this season at all and selling deadwood has gone from our bread and butter to a bit of a problematic area.

After a few season's when Real Madrid have had to suffer and get used to it maybe it will be Poch's time as right now it's unappealing.

I remember on MOTD last season they were discussing the top teams and how they would do. Shearer said we won't challenge seriously for the title because we never have invested to do so and we never will. I thought at the time "Ha wait and see you bald cunt. You think off the back of finishing 3,2,3, qualifying for CL and going into a new stadium we won't have strengthened?" Lo and behold.

For me football has turned into trying to enjoy Poch and the lads overachieve whilst thinking what a capitalist cunt Levy/ENIC is.

If we waste Kane's best years here and don't spend significant money on improving the squad at that point I will probably be done.

but....but....we were all told Andre Gomes was shit.
I got shot down so many times for suggesting Gomes.

Some people on here tend to believe we deserve better than players who fail to make an impact at Barca, when really he would have walked into our midfield. He's exactly the sort of player we need.

Rabiot would be an excellent signing. Isco is unrealistic. He'd cost silly money, and would want to be the top earner. He'll end up at City.

Eder Militão is the best center back tottenham can aspire for the next years. He’s at level with with de ligt. It tiby leaves is the man.

It's not even close mate, De Ligt is on another level altogether.

Which begs the question. Why did we not, when signing Dav (who I said at the time was the wrong one of the two) pay a bit extra for a first option on De Ligt? Surely it was obvious the talent this kid had?

If we waste Kane's best years here and don't spend significant money on improving the squad at that point I will probably be done.

A very good point, however don't be surprised if despite all the progress we have made we're still well down the list for potential signings due to wages and perceived lack of ambition. What Kane has given us over the last few seasons is the goals to win trophies. Sadly for whatever reason we haven't even got a cup to show for it.

I got shot down so many times for suggesting Gomes.

Some people on here tend to believe we deserve better than players who fail to make an impact at Barca, when really he would have walked into our midfield. He's exactly the sort of player we need.[/QUOTE

It’s not too late....:levywhoa:

Rabiot would be an excellent signing. Isco is unrealistic. He'd cost silly money, and would want to be the top earner. He'll end up at City.

Is Rabiot any more realistic than Isco? He's not signing a new deal at PSG because he wants to match Mbappe wages

It's not even close mate, De Ligt is on another level altogether.

Which begs the question. Why did we not, when signing Dav (who I said at the time was the wrong one of the two) pay a bit extra for a first option on De Ligt? Surely it was obvious the talent this kid had?
Its not? I watch Porto live 2/3 times a month and Militão is the best center back I ever saw after ricardo Carvalho. And he’s only 20.

Its not? I watch Porto live 2/3 times a month and Militão is the best center back I ever saw after ricardo Carvalho. And he’s only 20.

Cant be true.

De Ligt has been given the crown as best centre back of his generation and perhaps best centre back of all time. Therefore you're wrong.

I do like Militao though. Good shout.

If we are after homegrown talent over the next couple of windows.. Abrahams, Grealish and Ake would be ideal for me.

See no reason why Chelsea would sell us Abraham.

I do like Ake though and it's a bonus that he counts as home-grown. I also like Lewis Cook in central midfield.

Cant be true.

De Ligt has been given the crown as best centre back of his generation and perhaps best centre back of all time. Therefore you're wrong.

I do like Militao though. Good shout.
De ligt is a big huge talented player but he’s not the only center back with potential in the world. Militão is the real deal. Already playing for Brazil national team and growing a lot in Porto. I actually think he won’t leave for less than 50M euros.

See no reason why Chelsea would sell us Abraham.

I do like Ake though and it's a bonus that he counts as home-grown. I also like Lewis Cook in central midfield.

With the new loan rules coming in, Abraham will either have the choice of sitting on Chelsea's bench as either 3rd or even 4th option, or leave. I'd imagine he would cost a lot, but I think he would leave. He's too good for the Championship, should never have been made to wait for as long as he did for a move.

Wilson would be another, but I think he'd cost £35m+.

Cook would be a good signing, he's a similar mould to Winks, but I think Winks is better. Grealish is more a Dembele for me.

De ligt is a big huge talented player but he’s not the only center back with potential in the world. Militão is the real deal. Already playing for Brazil national team and growing a lot in Porto. I actually think he won’t leave for less than 50M euros.

Yeah. Has everything a modern day centre back requires. I see Barcelona have been linked too.

With the new loan rules coming in, Abraham will either have the choice of sitting on Chelsea's bench as either 3rd or even 4th option, or leave. I'd imagine he would cost a lot, but I think he would leave. He's too good for the Championship, should never have been made to wait for as long as he did for a move.

Wilson would be another, but I think he'd cost £35m+.

Cook would be a good signing, he's a similar mould to Winks, but I think Winks is better. Grealish is more a Dembele for me.

I'm not sure Winks is better - Cook is a year younger too. Ultimately, we need more players like Winks/Cook in midfield who can pass the ball quickly. Cooks experience at such a young age (and captaining his team to a World Cup) would be welcome to this team. Whether he and Winks would compete for the same spot or in the same team, I don't know but he'd be a welcome addition I think.

Back
Top Bottom