January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Berge wouldn't cost £30m-£40m. I reckon £20m-£25m is reasonable for a player that has potential but could very well flop in a better league. The kid still has a long way to go and his club shouldn't get greedy as it could slap them in the face should his light shine for a short period

He looks as-safe-or-better a bet than Grealish for the money.
Would be great to have a big skillful player like him, able to see the whole pitch.
He has legitimately impressive passing range.
Either way, we don't have to wait too long- we literally have no choice but to buy or promote when Dembele exits for China.

He looks as-safe-or-better a bet than Grealish for the money.
Would be great to have a big skillful player like him, able to see the whole pitch.
He has legitimately good passing range. It'd be great to see some more of that.
Either way, we don't have to wait too long- we literally have no choice but to buy or promote when Dembele exits for China.

I'd still have Grealish on my radar, especially with his HG status and the requirements needed in the squad moving forward next season & if the FA get their way and increase the numbers required.

Berge, Grealish, that young kid at Brescia who someone has mentioned (Tonali I believe), Zinchenko, Mendy and Joachim Andersen & Josh Maja at Sunderland would be the levels I could see us investing in with purse strings being pulled tighter. I wouldn't be against any of them. Got to somehow find replacements for 6 or 7 in the next 9 months or so, it'll be an interesting time

I'd still have Grealish on my radar, especially with his HG status and the requirements needed in the squad moving forward next season & if the FA get their way and increase the numbers required.

Berge, Grealish, that young kid at Brescia who someone has mentioned (Tonali I believe), Zinchenko, Mendy and Joachim Andersen & Josh Maja at Sunderland would be the levels I could see us investing in with purse strings being pulled tighter. I wouldn't be against any of them. Got to somehow find replacements for 6 or 7 in the next 9 months or so, it'll be an interesting time
Not to mention that Aston Villa don't look particularly strong for an automatic promotion spot. I highly doubt he'd want to stay around if they once again fail to go back up to the PL (and there is probably a gentleman's agreement in place regarding this).

He's not been on fire, but I do give Grealish kudos for being emotionally invested in moving to Spurs only to have it fall through at the last minute and get his head down and work hard again regardless.

Not to mention that Aston Villa don't look particularly strong for an automatic promotion spot. I highly doubt he'd want to stay around if they once again fail to go back up to the PL (and there is probably a gentleman's agreement in place regarding this).

He's not been on fire, but I do give Grealish kudos for being emotionally invested in moving to Spurs only to have it fall through at the last minute and get his head down and work hard again regardless.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I read that his new contract at Villa has a buy out clause. If we feel that the clause is fair game we could then just pay it and have as little to no contact with Villa as possible

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read that his new contract at Villa has a buy out clause. If we feel that the clause is fair game we could then just pay it and have as little to no contact with Villa as possible

I think it’s £50 million, which is too much.

I really don’t think he’s good enough for us.

N’Doumbele would fit like a glove! But I agree it’s unlikely he comes to us, could be city’s Fernandinho replacement.

Sander Berge seems way more likely but I haven’t seen enough of him to comment.

I can see Juventus going for him, especially with Matuidi and Khedira both turning 32 by the time the season comes to an end

Juventus will make purchases in midfield (it is the department where it has fewer players) but in the meantime considers that it must recover from surgery to the thyroid Emre Can. Khedira and Matuidi are two players that Allegri loves for insertion skills and tactical intelligence. In the meantime, however, the talent Bentancur (21 years old) is exploding. At the age of 18 he was a Boca Junior player and from the 2018 World Cup he is the owner in Uruguay. Mark this name on the notebook. It was bought by Boca J. as part of the Tevez sale.

N’Doumbele would fit like a glove! But I agree it’s unlikely he comes to us, could be city’s Fernandinho replacement.

I think he's not defensive enough to take the Fernandinho role. Also probably takes too many risks in deep central areas for Pep's liking.

Could play alongside a DM but with D. Silva, KDB, Foden coming through and B. Silva often taking up the 2 AM spots in the MF trio I think it's unlikely unless they want to hoard solely to prevent rivals strengthening.

If anything he's more similar to a prime Yaya Toure who Pep sold.

I suspect Poch will be looking at players with the attributes he likes rather than focusing on position ... he's moved Sissoko inside, Dele back, Son forward, Kane back, and is developing youngsters who can play a range of positions ... his comments on the post match interview last night were very telling ... Myself, the teachers (coaches?) and the players know what a good player is in a player (sure English ain't his first language) then when a player has that you can adjust him to where he will work best for the team .... he was talking about Sissoko but I think it's his entire philosophy ... Brian Clough "if you're good enough you can play anywhere" Michels and Cruyff with "total football" ... Barca 2008-12 ... they all had players who played all over the pitch ...

Come the window I reckon it will be all about the ability of a player, and not necessarily the position that they currently play ...

Berge looks more like Dembele, Ndombele is better because he dribbles but then has a lot of offensive capability with his passing. Would take either but Ndombele would be number one for me

Well, he's not home grown, not a fullback, not a dm. But fuck yes.

If Eriksen would leave (which I hope he doesn’t), would Isco be able to fill his boots as the creative playmaker at the heart of our line up? Is he that type of player? Or is he more a dribler on the flanks with pace?

Back
Top Bottom