January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Kane is injured, what do we do?

Son is at the Asia games, Llorente looks to be off and Janssen isn't in Poch's plans. Do we risk it and play Alli/Lucas up top in his place? Or do we dip into the market?

Whos available and how much we are willing to spend is a different matter. Someone like Mitrovic or Austin would be ideal for the moment as it would just be to cover whilst Kane is out, and then would get game time weekly as a sub/cups. Both would cost a bit though considering the situation both Fulham and Southampton are in.

On a side note, Doucoure has confirmed he wants to leave Watford. We should be all over that.

We won’t buy a striker or forward (and I don’t think we should for an interim period like this).

As you suggest, it will be Lucas/Alli, with Eriksen behind.

We won’t buy a striker or forward (and I don’t think we should for an interim period like this).

We definitely need someone for Kane back up though, whether that is solved now or in the summer. Kane's ankle is becoming like glass, and with all the games he has played over the past month it doesn't help.

Ighalo on a free? :levyeyes:

GK:
>Release Vorm, make Gazza no. 2

Defense:
>Sell Trippier and Davies
>Buy Wan Bisaka and Chillwell
>Loan KWP

Midfield:
>Sell/release Dembele, Wanyama, N'Koudou
>Buy a top tier CM and another young CM with high potential
> Eriksen replacement should he leave

Attack:
>Sell/release Llorente and Janssen
> Buy a versatile, dynamic CF
Do you realize Wan Bissaka and Chilwell would be like 50m each? They're super young, highly talented and homegrown English players that all other top clubs would be in for if for sale.

Do you think we will outbid City for an English defender? lol!

Wtf

Did Vinny get caught shagging Poch's wife? Ok the lad isn't that hot in front of goal but who knows he might do a Sissoko if given a second chance
A friend of a friend has quite a lot of contact with Poch, he said that he has time for everyone from the tea lady to the top however if he feels you disrespect him then you are dead to him until you have made it up to him. I mean completely blanks you.

Do you realize Wan Bissaka and Chilwell would be like 50m each? They're super young, highly talented and homegrown English players that all other top clubs would be in for if for sale.

Do you think we will outbid City for an English defender? lol!
Wan Bissaka cant be more than £30M surely - Chilwell is out of our range now.

Son is at the Asia games, Llorente looks to be off and Janssen isn't in Poch's plans. Do we risk it and play Alli/Lucas up top in his place? Or do we dip into the market?

Whos available and how much we are willing to spend is a different matter. Someone like Mitrovic or Austin would be ideal for the moment as it would just be to cover whilst Kane is out, and then would get game time weekly as a sub/cups. Both would cost a bit though considering the situation both Fulham and Southampton are in.

On a side note, Doucoure has confirmed he wants to leave Watford. We should be all over that.
Rename ourselves Bayern Tottenham and lure Werner. Pipe dream I know.
GK:
>Release Vorm, make Gazza no. 2

Defense:
>Sell Trippier and Davies
>Buy Wan Bisaka and Chillwell
>Loan KWP

Midfield:
>Sell/release Dembele, Wanyama, N'Koudou
>Buy a top tier CM and another young CM with high potential
> Eriksen replacement should he leave

Attack:
>Sell/release Llorente and Janssen
> Buy a versatile, dynamic CF
Would prefer to save cash on buying a RB and just promote KWP. Back him in and let him thrive.

Whos available and how much we are willing to spend is a different matter. Someone like Mitrovic or Austin would be ideal for the moment as it would just be to cover whilst Kane is out, and then would get game time weekly as a sub/cups. Both would cost a bit though considering the situation both Fulham and Southampton are

That kid from Sunderland perhaps to fill in - although how he adapts to PL is anyone’s guess.

On Doucoure is that true? If so 100% agree as would be able to have an instant impact

We definitely need someone for Kane back up though, whether that is solved now or in the summer. Kane's ankle is becoming like glass, and with all the games he has played over the past month it doesn't help.

Ighalo on a free? :levyeyes:
I love the fact that we seem to be the only club NOT allowed to buy a striker, as (The media keeps reminding us) "who wants to just be a back up to Kane?"

...and yet when other clubs buy strikers, (as the media keeps reminding us) it's "a show of intent, and gives them strength in depth..."

Yet when we DON'T sign someone, as (The media keeps reminding us) we're "tight arsed, with no ambition" and don't deserve Top 4!

We can't win!!

I love the fact that we seem to be the only club NOT allowed to buy a striker, as (The media keeps reminding us) "who wants to just be a back up to Kane?"

...and yet when other clubs buy strikers, (as the media keeps reminding us) it's "a show of intent, and gives them strength in depth..."

Yet when we DON'T sign someone, as (The media keeps reminding us) we're "tight arsed, with no ambition" and don't deserve Top 4!

We can't win!!

The issue is, which I agree with, we would have to pay a striker a lot to come and play back up to Kane. Kane is going to start every league game if fit, and most UCL games. The reason why Chelsea, City, Woolwich and United can do it is because they will pay the striker a lot. Our players have a standard weekly wage, but earn a lot off of bonuses.

If we were to offer big wages then we would be able to sign the likes of Wilson, Werner and others, but we won't offer them what others will.

Cunts that know how to press x on their keyboard, but cant work how to use the other letters to construct a sentence as to why they disagree.

Must be a right laugh using a forum

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I disagreed because you made a long winding post about Liverpools transfer policy as they sit top of the league very comfortably . Last season we were above them now after investing they are a better team and much better placed to win the league so I found you using them and Keita as an example Very strange hence why I disagreed.

If you want to debate your point about "was it just about signings" sure. Yes it was just about signings. They aren't bringing youngsters through, they paid a world record fee for a centre back who has totally transformed their team, then did the same with a keeper who this season has kept the most clean sheets as they are top of the league and I believe have the best defensive record in the league.

And I'll save you the energy of accusing me of expecting spurs to match their spending , I don't. We have a massive stadium project to pay for and their revenue is greater than ours that's not to say that it would be a bad thing if we had brought a top class midfielder .

Sure not every signing works out , we know that but it's better to try is it not? Like with every in life there is middle ground and I firmly believe the answer is in between the we don't need big signings argument and we need to spend a fortune one. In the summer I said our midfield options needed a new face and whilst Sissoko has been a pleasant surprise to all of us is still like someone in. Beyond that I don't want much. Walker-peters is the answer to our right back issue, long term id love Ant Georgiou to be developed into our left back and think between Foyth and Sanchez will see us fine at centre half.

Also regarding a striker. I see little point in buying one as they won't get a look in with Kane.

If Llorente goes is be happy with someone really young or really old to give us another option. A bug signing would be a waste of money and probably their career

Also regarding a striker. I see little point in buying one as they won't get a look in with Kane.

If Llorente goes is be happy with someone really young or really old to give us another option. A bug signing would be a waste of money and probably their career

Wrong way of looking at it.

If we want to win titles and cups, we need depth. Players should want to play alongside the world's best striker. It's all to do with wages unfortunately.

In the real world, playing under Pochettino would be enough to sign any player as he will improve you.. But all players seem to see is £££ and follow it.

Someone like Arnautovic would be ideal, as he can play up top and anywhere across the 3 behind Kane. We wouldn't pay £35m for him, and doubt we would match his wages. But I bet if we did, he would come.

Back
Top Bottom