January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unless we pay the money and wages to sign a player of equal quality to Eriksen, which we won't , any deal would be a bad deal .

Yep, unless we can unearth another Eriksen or Modric I would agree.

We can change the way we play if he leaves but it has got to be preferable to keep the bloke.

I think it fair now however to say that it's unlikely to be a matter of wages that prevents Eriksen extending his contract.

One can only hope the little Great Dane decides to stay put.

Eriksen is almost irreplaceable
Eriksen is not almost irreplaceable, Eriksen (and Kane) are irreplaceable. It should be the case of no money can buy him. I read here £100m is a good deal which is shocking to hear such.
Sell Eriksen and we are back to top 6 PL club at best.
Nobody in the team can replace Eriksen and Levy won't spend £100m on a player or even £50m.

Eriksen is not almost irreplaceable, Eriksen (and Kane) are irreplaceable. It should be the case of no money can buy him. I read here £100m is a good deal which is shocking to hear such.
So what would you do if he won't sign a new contract? Refuse £100m in the summer and let him go on a free 10 months later?

Eriksen is not almost irreplaceable, Eriksen (and Kane) are irreplaceable. It should be the case of no money can buy them. I read here £100m is a good deal which is shocking to hear such.
Nobody in the team can replace Eriksen and Levy won't spend £100m on a player or even £50m.

100 million is a good deal if we get to next summer in the same situation as we are now with Eriksen and his contract status.

We are more effective with Kane and Eriksen but neither are irreplaceable as opposed to being extremely difficult to replace.

Messi is irreplaceable and Madrid are now seeing that Ronaldo is a near impossible act to follow.

More paper tittle tattle.

But they have their youth squad, Coutinho, who works for their huge Brazilian audience and did I read they had reached agreement on Rabiot? Not sure Eriksen brings them much from Denmark in terns of additional revenue but obviously he is quality. Do they need him? Madrid - fcuk me I would steer clear for a few seasons.

At this stage and much like Alderweireld and Pochettino, the reasons for leaving a club like us need proper examination.

I sit here frustrated because I think 2 or 3 signings of requisite quality, on top of our real squad of 18 - 20 players, is for the first time in a very long period one that would see us as being able to go toe to toe with any team.

For any or all of the aforementioned to leave us at this time would be a high risk on their part
I would imagine this is more than tittle tattle and probably has legs to this story, after all Madrid are the most prestige club in the world who pay big wages and win lot's of shit everything that spurs don't do.
If he goes then good luck to him just have to trust the club to reinvest properly like Liverpool have although I don't think any of us will be holding our breath.

No one wants him to leave. We’re desperate for him to stay. It’s just a case of £100 million in six months time, or nowt in 18 months.

Look on the bright side, we might be able to finally afford Grealish.

I would imagine this is more than tittle tattle and probably has legs to this story, after all Madrid are the most prestige club in the world who pay big wages and win lot's of shit everything that spurs don't do.
If he goes then good luck to him just have to trust the club to reinvest properly like Liverpool have although I don't think any of us will be holding our breath.

Madrid would have to be looking at an outlay of 400 million plus next summer.

They want Neymar or Mbappe, Modric is nearing the end of a super career, Bale is utterly hit and miss and they still want Hazard. Even Ramos might need to be moved aside.

You do the sums and also the politics of lunacy of the club. They are like those radioactive substances. Unstable if often or at times incredibly potent.

How many more times does Poch have to say this for some of our fans to get the fact that HE is in control of our business?

It's a piece of piss to go out and buy a player, that's what we have been doing for decades. Levy gets a call from an agent and offers him a player, Levy does some basic negotiations so he knows if it's a goer or not financially if it is he then speaks to *insert managers name* they say yeah get him.

Poch has stopped this happening, thank fuck!

Only unknown thing that remains is our scouting and who Poch wants. That's to say are we getting the targets he has identified/wants???? Not sure we'll ever know this as we are linked to 500 players every window.

How many more times does Poch have to say this for some of our fans to get the fact that HE is in control of our business?

It's a piece of piss to go out and buy a player, that's what we have been doing for decades. Levy gets a call from an agent and offers him a player, Levy does some basic negotiations so he knows if it's a goer or not financially if it is he then speaks to *insert managers name* they say yeah get him.

Only unknown thing that remains is our scouting and who Poch wants. That's to say are we getting the targets he has identified/wants???? Not sure we'll ever know this as we are linked to 500 players every window.

Character has a lot to do with it, of we sign someone who creates divisions in the dressing room we are fucked!

I did say there will be signings a week ago on this thread and Poch today confirms. Obviously there is no money due to new stadium which is understandable and any other reason or excuse is BS.
Levy is to blame for stadium delays and this happens in such big and ambitious project. I hope he has similar ambition to win titles and cups as we Spurs fans are waiting.
Spurs 2018/19 season signings = £0.00

Last edited:
Would you kindly explain in detail why Levy is to blame for the Stadium delays please.
Maybe turned up late, had the wrong boots on or forgot his hard hat maybe?
Don't be sarcastic.
The stadium is delayed, Fact.
The person in charge of the project, Levy.
If you think the delay was due to the electricians, the Romanian builder or else then that's your opinion and you are entitled to just like I am.

"Summer is difficult and winter is worse"

Come on Poch show some balls and positivity. He is never going to sign players with that attitude. Levy needs to be pushed hard into spending money. Saying it's all so difficult is music to Levy's ears

"Summer is difficult and winter is worse"

Come on Poch show some balls and positivity. He is never going to sign players with that attitude. Levy needs to be pushed hard into spending money. Saying it's all so difficult is music to Levy's ears
Levy has always bought players, that's been one of the problems we've had in the past.

Don't be sarcastic.
The stadium is delayed, Fact.
The person in charge of the project, Levy.
If you think the delay was due to the electricians, the Romanian builder or else then that's your opinion and you are entitled to just like I am.
Then don't state it like a fact then say it's your opinion otherwise explain in detail why he's to blame.

Back
Top Bottom