January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How hard is it to understand?

We've been in a period the past 10 years where we've had the training ground and stadium to pay for. This has meant a tightening of belts while the club is kept stable during this period and also paying for some of the investments above.

There is we've been told a transfer budget that is separate to this, if Poch needs a player he knows he has this money and anything he generates in sales. Unfortunately the squad has too many players at the moment and until the squad is trimmed we aren't going to be buying anyone.

Enic/Levy are putting sound foundations in for the club that will make sure it can compete season after season for years to come. They could have spunked a load of money one season and really backed the manager and gone for it, not bothered with the stadium and training ground, but what if we still hadn't won the title, then what? Then what about the next season and the season after, having one succesful year doesnt all of a sudden mean you can compete. The club will be in an amazing position in a few years time and will really be able to go for the type of players you all want us to sign, but that will only be because of the position Enic/Levy will have put us in.

The problem a lot of fans have is they want everything now, they've had their heads drilled with shite from ITKs and believe, no demand that the club goes out and spends millions on top level players every year when the money just isn't there. Until the stadium is built and there's sponsorship/s in place and the debt has been restructured get used to it, because none of the above is changing.

I'll ask any of the moaning bitches to answer this question, John Thomas, Mindblown, The Hood etc. Where in the accounts does it say we have money to spend on these players, most years apart from the last 1 or 2 we've broken even, the last couple we've turned a decent profit which will i hope have gone into paying off the stadium debt.

Where in all of the accounts does it say Enic/Levy are fleecing the club and taking all of the money?
It's not often you address the fans but thank you Daniel for taking the time to post your message on here we appreciate it.:levylol:

So back to the mantra:
Poch says something you like = PROOF

Poch says something you don’t like =
Just saying it because he had to

I keep bringing it up and I find it a little bit creepy, honestly. You are allowed to disagree with something Mauricio Pochettino says.
But Sammy, I do sometimes disagree with Poch. I posted this just this weekend ffs

But your first point. Of course Poch would like to win the FA cup. Who wouldn't . But resting key players in a semi-final would suggest ending our trophy drought and embarrising run of semi final defeats didn't mean as much to him as it did to the fans.
It's one of the few things I hold against him or have criticised him for

As I've always said. Praise where earned, criticism where due.

I just don't criticise him after every defeat and claim to have a better judgement of team selection like you do.

Yesterday you said I've never praised Levy and I instantly proved you wrong.
You keep shooting yourself in the foot, mate.

It's ok to criticise Levy sometimes you know. It's a diverse forum after all where all views can be tolerated. Yet I cant ever remember a single post from you where you've disagreed with Levy, ENIC, OR our transfer policy.

Last edited:
But Sammy, I do sometimes disagree with Poch. I posted this just this weekend ffs

As I've always said. Praise where earned, criticism where due.

I just don't criticise him after every defeat and claim to have a better judgement of team selection like you do.

Yesterday you said I've never praised Levy and I instantly proved you wrong.
You keep shooting yourself in the foot, mate.

It's ok to criticise Levy sometimes you know. It's a diverse forum after all where all views can be tolerated. Yet I cant ever remember a single post from you where you've disagreed with Levy, ENIC, OR our transfer policy.

Well I can dig up some where I’ve claimed with no ambiguity that I don’t believe Stratford was a smokescreen, we would have moved if we got it, and I would never have forgiven Levy and stopped supporting Spurs.

Would you? Despite all your anxiety about the owners I’m pretty sure you would have followed the club to that shit hole citing the next level and money money money as justification.

You seem to think 2 posts giving credit out of 2000 cunting him off is proof of you being balanced? Give over.

I think I can name a team better than Poch? Yeah on some days I probably could have, just like you feel you know better than him when it comes to semi finals eh?

But at least I don’t pretend I could run a football club. You’d bankrupt it within a year with your childish ideas....”buy him for whatever he costs, and him and him and him and him!! Pay them all what they want!!!!!”

Your ideas are no different from Brady and the Dildos, with their MOAR PLAYERS = MOAR TROPHIES ethos.
You’d turn us into West Ham if you had your way.

Embarrassing how detached from reality you are.

Last edited:
If they want Eriksen. 50mil plus Isco is the starting bid. Then let Levy bleed them.

Although I’m tired of the past 3 years worth of dubious/hopeful/unrealistic links with Isco...the one genuine chance id say we’d ever have of getting him is as some kind of exchange with Eriksen (be it direct with Real or using the money and gap in the squad to force it through).

Really don’t want to lose Eriksen but were we to, then Isco’s as good a replacement as we could ever hope for

Well I can dig up some where I’ve claimed with no ambiguity that I don’t believe Stratford was a smokescreen, we would have moved if we got it, and I would never have forgiven Levy and stopped supporting Spurs.

Would you? Despite all your anxiety about the owners I’m pretty sure you would have followed the club to that shit hole citing the next level and money money money as justification.

You seem to think 2 posts giving credit out of 2000 cunting him off is proof of you being balanced? Give over.

I think I can name a team better than Poch? Yeah on some days I probably could have, just like you feel you know better than him when it comes to semi finals eh?

But at least I don’t pretend I could run a football club. You’d bankrupt it within a year with your childish ideas....”buy him for whatever he costs, and him and him and him and him!! Pay them all what they want!!!!!”

Your ideas are no different from Brady and the Dildos, with their MOAR PLAYERS = MOAR TROPHIES ethos.
You’d turn us into West Ham if you had your way.

Embarrassing how detached from reality you are.
Bit rich coming from you. You think our only source of income is from transfers

So now the window is open you’re back.
Will you disappear again when we don’t sign anyone.

What a disaster of a season it’s been.
Is it going better for Brondby?
Not paying much attention to this transfer window. Don't expect anything from it and I don't think it's fair to do so. I see you're still as crazy as always

Unless we pay the money and wages to sign a player of equal quality to Eriksen, which we won't , any deal would be a bad deal .

Arguably there are no players equal or better than Eriksen in his position.

If Eriksen ever leaves (and I for one hope he does not), Spurs are more likely to change the way they play allowing us to bring in a different type of player.

And just as Eriksen was not the finished article when he arrived from Ajax, the incoming player may not be either, even if he's a very good player

Arguably there are no players equal or better than Eriksen in his position.

If Eriksen ever leaves (and I for one hope he does not), Spurs are more likely to change the way they play allowing us to bring in a different type of player.

And just as Eriksen was not the finished article when he arrived from Ajax, the incoming player may not be either, even if he's a very good player

It'd make sense.

Just like we've changed formation to combat Dembele's decline.

If the rumours that Eriksen said he only wanted to go to Barcelona and no other club are true, then he'll turn down Real. Hopefully he also signs a new contract

More paper tittle tattle.

But they have their youth squad, Coutinho, who works for their huge Brazilian audience and did I read they had reached agreement on Rabiot? Not sure Eriksen brings them much from Denmark in terns of additional revenue but obviously he is quality. Do they need him? Madrid - fcuk me I would steer clear for a few seasons.

At this stage and much like Alderweireld and Pochettino, the reasons for leaving a club like us need proper examination.

I sit here frustrated because I think 2 or 3 signings of requisite quality, on top of our real squad of 18 - 20 players, is for the first time in a very long period one that would see us as being able to go toe to toe with any team.

For any or all of the aforementioned to leave us at this time would be a high risk on their part

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom