January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On Jarred Bowen...

Spurs identify first January target and Jarrod Bowen ticks all the boxes

If this is true and we've been scouting him in every game this month, then I wonder if that is a blessing or a curse. 6 goals and 2 assists in December could either mean he's kicked on another notch in his development or is going through a purple patch that makes him look better than he is.

Certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a homegrown player who looks like he has potential. Bowen in and N'Koudou out would be a good move.

Edit: something that article just pointed out is that Hull play Millwall in the FA Cup this weekend. If he doesn't play in that game then I'd suggest the move is on like Donkey Kong and Spurs don't want him cup-tied.
How much would he cost? Contract until 2020 with an option for an extra year.
Since transfer prices are ridiculous, I can't see us getting him for less than 15 million.

He doesn't make stuff up from what I know and posts the source at the end of his tweets.
That's good enough for me, then.

I'm like that dude from The X-Files.

santa-20101224-184126.jpg

Taking into account how Levy runs the club, the stadium has not finished and no date set yet plus Poch said last week that there is no money to spend, it will be logical to say there will be no signing in this Jan transfer window.
RIP 2018/19 transfer window. Departures = Arrivals = £0.00

We've made approaches for four players, that's not deals done or even transfer offers just "if we offered this would you consider it" or '"what would we need to do to sign xxxx" type conversations, none are big names instead all represent long term plans, all are approved by Poch (so fuck you ManU) and it's not a case of picking one, we will take all four if that's possible, all in all about 106m could be spent ....

However, we are expecting 3/4 players to leave, nobody has said as much but I think we are definitely still looking to balance the numbers, it's not so much about transfer funds we do have those if needed, and anyway on the type of signings we're looking at we would almost certainly make a profit, it's all about wages and risking the possible morale and disruption issues that having too many players with zero chance off playing could create ....

Poch and DL are firmly aligned in clearing out the deadwood, it seems Poch will give a player every chance but once his mind is made up there is no coming back, you know who they are ....

The usual 'intellects' can disagree, that's like a badge of honour anyway, and I appreciate that this is not telling you anything remotely supportable one way or the other, it's just information from my NY phone call update ...

Happy New Year to all, even those on ignore - Bring on 2019 ......
That's the biggest load of bollocks I have read on this forum excluding SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur who is in a league of her own!

Back
Top Bottom