January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On Jarred Bowen...

Spurs identify first January target and Jarrod Bowen ticks all the boxes

If this is true and we've been scouting him in every game this month, then I wonder if that is a blessing or a curse. 6 goals and 2 assists in December could either mean he's kicked on another notch in his development or is going through a purple patch that makes him look better than he is.

Certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a homegrown player who looks like he has potential. Bowen in and N'Koudou out would be a good move.

Edit: something that article just pointed out is that Hull play Millwall in the FA Cup this weekend. If he doesn't play in that game then I'd suggest the move is on like Donkey Kong and Spurs don't want him cup-tied.

To me he looks like a more technically gifted and quicker Lamela. Imagine what Poch would do with a kid like this?

Could very well be a Dele mk2 bargain buy?

Whether they knew or not, they got them.

So once again, you're a div who talks shit.

We could have signed Lionel Messi and still not won the league.

When you get agrees from 2 noshers and a fluffer, you know you're dead wrong.
Wow really...i didn't realise levy had a crystal ball and knew all of that...i thought he just showed no ambition when at that point we actually had a chance... thanks for putting me straight .

We've made approaches for four players, that's not deals done or even transfer offers just "if we offered this would you consider it" or '"what would we need to do to sign xxxx" type conversations, none are big names instead all represent long term plans, all are approved by Poch (so fuck you ManU) and it's not a case of picking one, we will take all four if that's possible, all in all about 106m could be spent ....

However, we are expecting 3/4 players to leave, nobody has said as much but I think we are definitely still looking to balance the numbers, it's not so much about transfer funds we do have those if needed, and anyway on the type of signings we're looking at we would almost certainly make a profit, it's all about wages and risking the possible morale and disruption issues that having too many players with zero chance off playing could create ....

Poch and DL are firmly aligned in clearing out the deadwood, it seems Poch will give a player every chance but once his mind is made up there is no coming back, you know who they are ....

The usual 'intellects' can disagree, that's like a badge of honour anyway, and I appreciate that this is not telling you anything remotely supportable one way or the other, it's just information from my NY phone call update ...

Happy New Year to all, even those on ignore - Bring on 2019 ......

We've made approaches for four players, that's not deals done or even transfer offers just "if we offered this would you consider it" or '"what would we need to do to sign xxxx" type conversations, none are big names instead all represent long term plans, all are approved by Poch (so fuck you ManU) and it's not a case of picking one, we will take all four if that's possible, all in all about 106m could be spent ....

However, we are expecting 3/4 players to leave, nobody has said as much but I think we are definitely still looking to balance the numbers, it's not so much about transfer funds we do have those if needed, and anyway on the type of signings we're looking at we would almost certainly make a profit, it's all about wages and risking the possible morale and disruption issues that having too many players with zero chance off playing could create ....

Poch and DL are firmly aligned in clearing out the deadwood, it seems Poch will give a player every chance but once his mind is made up there is no coming back, you know who they are ....

The usual 'intellects' can disagree, that's like a badge of honour anyway, and I appreciate that this is not telling you anything remotely supportable one way or the other, it's just information from my NY phone call update ...

Happy New Year to all, even those on ignore - Bring on 2019 ......
So not only does this guy in higher echelons of the club keep getting shit wrong.

You have a regular update phone call scheduled, just for you? With all the in's and out's of the club. Not only is he privy to all things stadium, he is privy to all things transfers?

Honestly, who are you trying to impress? No one believes this shite.

You have a regular update phone call scheduled, just for you? With all the in's and out's of the club. Not only is he privy to all things stadium, he is privy to all things transfers?

Maybe you have no family, or maybe you just don't connect at NY, either way you have my sympathy ...

As I said ignore it all as you please, no need to start a New Year by getting so upset about a few words on the internet ... there is an ignore button for a reason ....

Maybe you have no family, or maybe you just don't connect at NY, either way you have my sympathy ...

As I said ignore it all as you please, no need to start a New Year by getting so upset about a few words on the internet ... there is an ignore button for a reason ....
Nah, let's break this down...

You've provided zero new information. Just given a combination of general knowledge and assumptions based on our squad and well known rumours and wrapped it up in bollocks.

3/4 players to leave you say? Dembele, Wanyama, Janssen and N'Koudou? What cutting insight.

4 approaches for in as well? To replace those players above by any chance? Long term players too? Like Berge, Arp, Bowen etc? The rumours doing the rounds?

About 106m? So 4 25m signings? Your guy really is letting the cat out the bag here.

And then to top it off, just in case nothing happens and you look silly, you cover yourself with ''not done deals or even transfers''. So if you get it wrong, again, you can fall back on this.

Do you want to know what real ITK looks like?

It's explicit detail. It is actual knowledge. Like when I told the forum that Marco Silva had been given the Watford job. Whilst he was still 7/2 with the bookies I told everyone to lump on. No clandestine calls. No bullshit fence sitting. My friend was with the Operations Director when he was told.

You have provided absolutely nothing in the way of knowledge. Just rehashed and rewrapped stuff already out there.

No better than the divs we take the piss of on SC.

Last edited:
So not only does this guy in higher echelons of the club keep getting shit wrong.

Honestly, who are you trying to impress? No one believes this shite.
People say you can't bullshit a bullshitter, the truth is the opposite though: the easiest people to bullshit are bullshitters. It's probably some cousin of Bangkok feeding him all this BS and Bangkok just laps it up like the mug he is

People say you can't bullshit a bullshitter, the truth is the opposite though: the easiest people to bullshit are bullshitters. It's probably some cousin of Bangkok feeding him all this BS and Bangkok just laps it up like the mug he is
I would like him to name his source.

We are random avatars on a forum. Revealing his source would damage no one. We aren't journalists looking for a scoop for our next column.

I would like him to name his source.

We are random avatars on a forum. Revealing his source would damage no one. We aren't journalists looking for a scoop for our next column.
This is the source of most of his bullshit
yaba1.jpg

With Kane appearing to have some sort if allergy to the box these days, should we be looking for a world class striker and drop him back a bit?

Would the likes of Icardi or Lewandowski do a job?

Back
Top Bottom