January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've been linked too Jarred Bowen, only from his highlights he reminds me of Jay Rodriguez who I was gutted we didn't get when Poch came here
On Jarred Bowen...

Spurs identify first January target and Jarrod Bowen ticks all the boxes

If this is true and we've been scouting him in every game this month, then I wonder if that is a blessing or a curse. 6 goals and 2 assists in December could either mean he's kicked on another notch in his development or is going through a purple patch that makes him look better than he is.

Certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a homegrown player who looks like he has potential. Bowen in and N'Koudou out would be a good move.

Edit: something that article just pointed out is that Hull play Millwall in the FA Cup this weekend. If he doesn't play in that game then I'd suggest the move is on like Donkey Kong and Spurs don't want him cup-tied.

Oh my god you twat...they didn't know in January that Leicester were going to get all those points. They just didn't bother investing in what was a real chance at that point to win the title...if u don't want to win of are just happy to always back the owners then fine..but this club should not be pissing around on a shoestring budget like levy wants it too...after he's taken his highest chairman's salary in the entire league of course. So he is not paying himself on a shoestring just running the club like it
Whether they knew or not, they got them.

So once again, you're a div who talks shit.

We could have signed Lionel Messi and still not won the league.

When you get agrees from 2 noshers and a fluffer, you know you're dead wrong.

Dembele and Dier getting back to full fitness will see us spend diddly squat on a central midfielder in January. Though we may buy one and loan back out ready for the summer.

Think the Banega to Woolwich rumor is what frustrates me the most. He would be perfect for this diamond formation—taking place of Winks.

Won’t be a crazy fee and at 30 he brings cup winning experience, Argentinian, and is an all around midfielder that would fit seamlessly into our team.

Wouldnt have him take Winks's place but to have them competing for it would be great. Always rated Banega

What a twat. Would laugh my tits off now if Barca don't take him and he's stuck being frozen out.

Terrible negotiation skills- never prematurely rule out a party who can help you start a bidding war, or be a backup in a worst case scenario.

Still hope Barca get him though, just so they don’t take other targets I’d rather have fall our way...

By the way, I think we missed Hercules' latest nugget of shite wisdom.

‘May’ do at least one deal with loan back from championship. Possibility of 2. Just sharing. Truth in Norwegian kid from Genk. Nothing certain though

Truly revelatory. At least his grasp of English seems to have improved by 10% since his utter shambolic embarrassment in the summer.

Was this the guy who got in an argument on Twitter about Jack Grealish signing for us.......................... with Grealish's brother?!

When Rabiot says that Spurs are not at the level that appeals to him, we all know he means wage level

He is a good player but not worth the probable 150k -200k he is wanting

On Jarred Bowen...

Spurs identify first January target and Jarrod Bowen ticks all the boxes

If this is true and we've been scouting him in every game this month, then I wonder if that is a blessing or a curse. 6 goals and 2 assists in December could either mean he's kicked on another notch in his development or is going through a purple patch that makes him look better than he is.

Certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a homegrown player who looks like he has potential. Bowen in and N'Koudou out would be a good move.

Edit: something that article just pointed out is that Hull play Millwall in the FA Cup this weekend. If he doesn't play in that game then I'd suggest the move is on like Donkey Kong and Spurs don't want him cup-tied.

He's a good player but he's not Spurs level he's hit and miss in the championship and he's another wide mid. However if he's signed to replace GKN fair play. Also the Hull owner is a cunt and woukd sell for 10 million by all accounts so I suppose it's basically no risk

Back
Top Bottom