January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Hughes of Watford is a very tidy player. Would have preferred him to Grealish when that was being thrown about.

Also, Mitrovic and Gray are both good forwards, do the job well.

Aston Villa news: Jack Grealish set to sign new deal with £60m release clause - EXCLUSIVE

Like Zaha and if true (It is the Express after all) then I just hope we do not waste a second more of our time.

The broader point is young players have to ask do they want to challenge themselves when they know that handful of top clubs are interested or get more money and be comfortable? I won't say I blame anyone who chooses the latter option but in getting paid large amounts and thus commanding huge transfer fees they directly threaten their ambition.

The same applies to Sessegnon.

Maddison would have been a good understudy to Eriksen, trouble is he is likely to play most weeks at Leicester, where as at spurs he would be in the same boat as KWP, who I think should be getting some minutes, let’s hope he impresses again Watford in the cup so Poch realises what kind of talent he has in the reserves!

Maddison would have been a good understudy to Eriksen, trouble is he is likely to play most weeks at Leicester, where as at spurs he would be in the same boat as KWP, who I think should be getting some minutes, let’s hope he impresses again Watford in the cup so Poch realises what kind of talent he has in the reserves!
He really looks a very very good player. He seamlessly integrate into PL and be the pivot player in LC from minute one.
Problem is, he hates us. And worship Liverpool.

I knew it wasn’t long until we were linked with him. He’d be a good signing, especially with Pochs record at working with centre backs. All depends on what happens with Toby.

Sorry but I think he’s shite

On a par with Phil Jones

If Dembele signs a pre-contract deal, he wouldn't be able to actually leave until June, right?
I always forget how this little bit works. Would be nice to have half a season with him on a farewell tour while a new CM winter purchase beds in...

Given that we have too many overseas trained players to register in the squad, that would mean that Dembele's replacement bedding in whilst Dembele is still here needs to have been trained with an FA affiliated club ('home grown') - unless we sell several overseas trained players (who we couldn't sell last summer) this January.

Probability of selling enough overseas trained players ?

Any ideas on the 'home grown' player ?

Given that we have too many overseas trained players to register in the squad, that would mean that Dembele's replacement bedding in whilst Dembele is still here needs to have been trained with an FA affiliated club ('home grown') - unless we sell several overseas trained players (who we couldn't sell last summer) this January.

Probability of selling enough overseas trained players ?

Any ideas on the 'home grown' player ?

I imagine N'Koudou will be moved on in January.

I imagine N'Koudou will be moved on in January.

Possibly one gone I agree, but still need at least one more out to get a Dembele replacement in - and I guess that if Janssen isn't going to get over his injury until December/January at the earliest that he will not be loaned out in the 2nd half of the season so will still be on payroll and we probably need him to play a bit to make him saleable/loanable in the summer.

So we probably still need to lose other overseas trained players to bring in another.

The broader point is young players have to ask do they want to challenge themselves when they know that handful of top clubs are interested or get more money and be comfortable? I won't say I blame anyone who chooses the latter option but in getting paid large amounts and thus commanding huge transfer fees they directly threaten their ambition.

The same applies to Sessegnon.

Is it not the opposite? They get paid more money if they were to move, it was only a while ago people giving Sinclair stick for moving to City for money rather than staying with the club and getting more game time. People are still giving RLC pelters for being ambitious and thinking he could break into the Chelsea team when the best course for his career was to not sign that lucrative contract and move to a smaller club where he would earn less but play more.

No excuse not to go and splash a big sum of cash on a guy like NDombele when we havent made any signings in the summer. He would make such a huge difference to our options in midfield. Someone like him next to Winks against teams who bank up, or alongside Dembele / Dier / Wanyama when playing open games would be huge.

If we go for anyone, it'll be someone who is out of favour from a bigger club (Think Aurier, Lucas etc.) - Rafinha at Barcelona is a great player who would be a serious upgrade for us in central midfield and he's barely getting any game time at Barcelona this season, would be a smart buy.

Rabiot, whilst isn't out of favour with PSG, is out of contract in the summer. So I could also probably see us pushing for him.

Back
Top Bottom