January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's extremely surprising. Maybe Poch thinks you need more muscle to mix it in the Prem but surely the likes of Lobotka, Ceballos, Suarez & Lo Celso could offer some classy solutions in the middle. I'd 100% be going to La Liga to find Eriksens replacement if he's off soon. There's class all the way from Ndombele through to De Jong, all playing at lesser clubs than us. The talent is there if we pull the trigger but for the life of me we didn't do so. If we shipped off our whole midfield minus Winksy, Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko & Dembele all gone and got Lobotka, Doucoure or Diawara perhaps, Lo Celso & Ceballos it would breathe all new kinds of life into how we play. DM & CM isn't lacking in talent at the moment so the club seriously need to scout, hustle and get a deal for the right kind of future in the middle of the park. I still shake my head knowing Sissoko was signed, let alone is still a Tottenham player. Unbelievable

Great ideas. Great posts. Only one problem: none of those guys is Prem or CL homegrown. They can’t play for us until we sell some of our current foreigners. Sissoko amazingly is CL homegrown, which is a big reason why we still have him.

I knew it wasn’t long until we were linked with him. He’d be a good signing, especially with Pochs record at working with centre backs. All depends on what happens with Toby.

Dier and Dembele haven't got the legs to get round the pitch, I think we need to focus on that area come January/Summer. Wanyama and Winks are great players, but both injury prone.

Lloris, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Lucas and Kane. They are our best players, and ones we should look to build with.

Vorm - not good enough
Gazzaniga - not seen enough
Aurier - hit and miss. Very erratic.
Rose - injury has ruined him.
Davies - looks poor this season.
Dembele - legs have gone. Will be gone January/Summer.
Dier - Slow, poor this season. Needs to improve quickly.
Winks - huge potential but injury has affected him.
Wanyama - Injury got to him. Erratic at times.
Llorente - Pony.

The squad needs £100-150m spent on 3-4 top players.

I knew it wasn’t long until we were linked with him. He’d be a good signing, especially with Pochs record at working with centre backs. All depends on what happens with Toby.

If we can get Utd to actually accept a bid from us- his contract isn't up til June 2020.
You'd have to think they'd love to dick us over after our summer stand-off.
I doubt we do any business with them until one or the other clearly falls below the level of the other.

If we weren't willing to meet any valuations in the summer, we sure as hell won't meet them at inflated winter prices. This thread is pointless, let's just hope we prepare properly for next summer

If we weren't willing to meet any valuations in the summer, we sure as hell won't meet them at inflated winter prices. This thread is pointless, let's just hope we prepare properly for next summer

200.gif

If you are willing to contribute to his wages then why not:levystare:
Correct me if I am wrong. But haven't City modified their wage structure to be more like ours fairly recently? As in lower base salaries and bonuses on top of that. I remember reading that Jesus was "only" on 90k per week base

Back
Top Bottom