January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grealish just signed a new 5yr deal with Villa.

Aston Villa currently 13th in the Championship table, so some way off promotion spots.

He had 2 years left on his contract, so perfect time for him to make noises of leaving - whilst allowing Villa to pick up a decent fee.

Not sure he'll be playing in Pl anytime soon.

Probably means he's off Spurs list - unless for FFP reasons Villa find they must sell and the new contract makes no difference to his sales value

Given that we have too many overseas trained players to register in the squad, that would mean that Dembele's replacement bedding in whilst Dembele is still here needs to have been trained with an FA affiliated club ('home grown') - unless we sell several overseas trained players (who we couldn't sell last summer) this January.

Probability of selling enough overseas trained players ?

Any ideas on the 'home grown' player ?

No idea but I liked the idea of Lewis Cook earlier this summer.
Tom Davies from Everton could be a good one as well. He might cost a lot more than Cook would though.
We also heard some shouts for Callum Wilson too. He could be one to pick up.

No idea but I liked the idea of Lewis Cook earlier this summer.
Tom Davies from Everton could be a good one as well. He might cost a lot more than Cook would though.
We also heard some shouts for Callum Wilson too. He could be one to pick up.

Would like all 3 but Wilson at Bournemouth is their main striker after what seems like a couple of seasons out with injury, and much as I would like him, really can't see him coming to be back up when he's about 25.

Cook and Davies would be equally difficult as neither Bournemouth or Everton probably need to sell - although having said that Everton still seem to be in some turmoil and with a lot of players and might be more open to offers, but having made Davies at aged about 20 their captain he might not be top of their list for sale !

Helder Costa
Pascal Gross
Doucoure
All ideal targets imo achievable and prem experience
Isn't Costa a winger? do we need another winger?
Doucoure is too inconsistent

GroB will be a great addition, I'm really not sure why no one asked questions about him (the scum and the blue dippers are dying for a player like him) considering his contract at brighton is probably cheep

Would like all 3 but Wilson at Bournemouth is their main striker after what seems like a couple of seasons out with injury, and much as I would like him, really can't see him coming to be back up when he's about 25.

Cook and Davies would be equally difficult as neither Bournemouth or Everton probably need to sell - although having said that Everton still seem to be in some turmoil and with a lot of players and might be more open to offers, but having made Davies at aged about 20 their captain he might not be top of their list for sale !

Yea- there's not many easy answers here.
Don't think we can afford to sit around and wait for the academy to provide the answers though.
Our roster "crisis" has been ongoing for some time now and the younguns won't be ready in time...

Yea- there's not many easy answers here.
Don't think we can afford to sit around and wait for the academy to provide thie answers though.
Our roster "crisis" has been ongoing for some time now and the younguns won't be ready in time...

Sadly you may be right. Part of that is down to Spurs neither playing enough of the youngsters in the last couple of seasons and nor loaning some out (and I'm not sure I am a fan of the u21 coach either) which means we don't have too many of the y21's with much experience of playing 'mens football' beyond the usual suspects of CCV, KWP, Onomah and Amos with arguably Edwards, Georgiou,and the likes of TJ Eyoma, Skipp, Tangana and Dinzeyi who played in pre-season vaguely on the radar.

We have possibly the best group of u18's since maybe when we had the likes of Mason coming through (so about 6 years) the best known of them being Oliver Skipp, but its difficult to see the path through to the first team atm, let alone timing.

An investigation into French giants Paris St-Germain's finances and spending has been reopened by Uefa.

Ligue 1 champions PSG were initially cleared of breaking Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules in June, but European football's governing body said that decision would be reviewed.

Now, Uefa's club financial control body has opted to "refer the case back for further investigation".

FFP 'break-even' rules require clubs to balance spending with their revenue.

In August 2017, PSG more than doubled the world record transfer fee when they spent 222m euros (£200m) to sign Brazil forward Neymar from Barcelona.

They also signed Kylian Mbappe for 180m euros (£165.7m) this summer, after the France striker forward initially joined on a season-long loan from Ligue 1 rivals Monaco.

Rabiot in a cut price January deal?....

:levyeyes:

If its Everton players we are after then I'd go for Lookman to be honest.

Clearly not going to get game time for them. Wanted to offload him to Leipzig in the summer and can't even get off their bench.

Poch wanted him before and I think he'd flourish here.

Not so much a new contract as they just bought him (he was there on loan last season with an option to buy).

He was never going to leave Lyon this summer. That was just a pipe dream

Sounds like one of those nuances you get in Football manager. I'm pretty sure for the right price he'd be gone. Plus you have to think that players head's will get turned by the chance to play in the EPL and especially for a CL team.

Back
Top Bottom