January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keep squirming. Keep retreating. Another source you refute because you're so insecure you can't be wrong. This must sting.

Yet nothing from you yet to say why you think Zaha is on 4x less. That's around 25k.

Prove it or forever be a bitch.
Please send me the Wikipedia link next. Lol. Triggered and Demolished

He's not a signing for January but Hull's Jarrod Bowen is one we should keep our eyes on. Still just a kid at 20 years old but has knocked in 10 goals so far this season in 20 games operating as a speedy right winger.

One for the future perhaps?

He and Justin Kluivert been on my radar.
Bowen can also operate as a central striker and even as a left winger/midfielder if needed so he has the versatility that we should be looking for in players.

Would not say no to snapping him up and letting Poch work his magic on him

I'm done with Sissoko now. Just can't see him ever doing better than 'fine' for us.

Praying that the transfer committee is identifying some young, promising CM or a surprise quality CM that might be available.
Fucking hell, that lot down the road have managed to dig decent ones up along the years (even when they didn't need any more).

Last edited:
I'm done with a Sissoko now. Just can't see him ever doing better than 'fine' for us.

Praying that the transfer committee is identifying some young, promising CM or a surprise quality CM that might be available.
Fucking hell, that lot down the road have managed to dig decent ones up along the years (even when they didn't need any more).
He's certainly not of the requisite quality. He's improved, but not to CL level.

He's certainly not of the requisite quality. He's improved, but not to CL level.
I like Sissoko and want him to do well with us but I will have to agree. He's below CL level. He has his flashes of brilliance and he most certainly works hard and I respect him for that. But he is not a CL level regular starter. He'd be a starter in say Everton/other EL league level clubs but for us he will always be a sub/squad player (nothing wrong with that, not everyone can be a starter).

It's not that he is out and out "bad". It's that he prefers to play it safe. He knows that he doesn't have the lightest touch of the ball so he prefers to lay a safe pass rather than try something innovative. Can't fault someone for knowing their limits and playing within them but football is a game where the innovators are always put on pedistal so of course he is going to look shit compared to Eriksen/Lamela/Alli/Son who can pull off miracle passes.

Gonna keep rooting for him and wanting him to do well with us but if we get someone better in it is not going to kill me.

But still he has the Tottenham shirt on so I'll root for him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom