January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah because they dispatch him from the starting 11 don’t they, moron. Alli is a walk up start and he knows it, doesn’t get dropped for Son or Lamela.

You said: "Desperately need someone to challenge Alli and Eriksen".

The fact that Poch decides not to drop them is another matter.

Take a look around.... Gawd knows how many Spurs fans saying drop Dele for Son in recent weeks....

Do you personally think they aren't good enough to challenge their spots?

(Genuine question. I shan't rise to you calling me "Moron")

Let’s just close this thread now because we aren’t going to sign anyone. Most we will do is either loan or call back players on loan.

And unless we can go back in time, be supported financially by a small country, and spend £1 billion on transfer fees in total over the last 5-6 years, not including wages, then I think it’s a bit moot.

For that matter, anyone arguing that more transfer activity over the past summer or two would have made a difference this season against City is, in order:

High, and;

Have a fundamental misunderstanding of the finances of world football and the club they support.

This thread lights up after a loss but then not one "new player" suggestion address the problem of why we just lost the game that caused the thread to light up. That's just weird.

Based on today's performance we need a new right back but apparently no, young Tripps must be mustard and we have to sign someone with pace like Marhez.

This thread lights up after a loss but then not one "new player" suggestion address the problem of why we just lost the game that caused the thread to light up. That's just weird

Based on today's performance we need a new right back but apparently no, young Tripps must be mustard and we have to sign someone with pace like Marhez.

This is what's doing my nut in....
Tho you forgot that we ought to have 6 world class CBs in the ranks. :pocheyes:

Just kiddies in a sweet-shop with no thought as to why; nor whether or not some of these players will even be fit to play in January (e.g. Barkley, Shaw and, LOL, Bale!) and in some cases (e.g. Sessengon, Zaha) why a team would sell their best players in January.

This thread lights up after a loss but then not one "new player" suggestion address the problem of why we just lost the game that caused the thread to light up. That's just weird.

Just play Aurier. He's one of the best RB's in the world.

How much do you reckon it would take to prize Walker away from City?

Thanks to the multiple waves of inflation City & PSG have caused in ONE window.... Probably about £150m! LOL

Seriously though.... There's more than one RB in the world, right? Let's find the right man and move on.

(No, Walker was no longer the right man as he didn't want to be here any longer.)

At what point is wankervince going to let up on this McGinn shit? Whilst City & the rest are buying the worlds best, the sausagecunt suggests that we should take a punt on a second rate clogger from a third rate league. Jesus fucking Christ. This guy would just about make the bench at QPR.
Fuck me sideways. If John McGinn is the future of WHL, then give me back Adebayor.

At what point is wankervince going to let up on this McGinn shit? Whilst City & the rest are buying the worlds best, the sausagecunt suggests that we should take a punt on a second rate clogger from a third rate league. Jesus fucking Christ. This guy would just about make the bench at QPR.
Fuck me sideways. If John McGinn is the future of WHL, then give me back Adebayor.

For the last 12 months, I'd been thinking this is just a long running 'meme'... Had no idea it was a legit thing to have a cunt off about!

Every played football yourself, Memphis?
I have you fucking twat.
Where is your enjoyment of this club Rich
For the last 12 months, I'd been thinking this is just a long running 'meme'... Had no idea it was a legit thing to have a cunt off about!
So did I. But the chubby jock cunt is relentless when it comes to the other chubby jock cunt McGinn. Seriously, it’s comical to think of him being anything other than the Scottish Mido.

January musts.

A Dembele like replacement.
A winger with pace and trickery
A striker who can play with/replace Kane.
1. McGinn will be Dembele quality within a year of moving down to the English top flight
2. We have some tricky wingers/inside forwards who are young and might come on if we give them more game time.
3. Leigh Griffiths is a bargain forward there for the taking. The cunt is on fire and talented. Much more useful option than that Llorente cunt.

Back
Top Bottom