January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is everyone trying to get rid of Sissoko? He provides solid depth, his athleticism and power are useful in some matches and even if we add another MF - it's nice to have actual players on the bench.

He's not a superstar, but he's a useful piece and there's no reason to throw useful pieces away.

If we were playing London Irish, or Saracens he'd be the first on my team sheet, but in a fast attacking, midfield driven side he offers little that worries an opposition defence. Certainly a player that would not be missed in my opinion.

All those qualities you mentioned are important. But for me workrate and trying is always going to win me over. I'd rather take a player that tries his hardest every game and works his ass off then some über talented wunderkid with zero workrate. I never expect a perfect game from any player. But I expect them to give it their all to try.

Sissoko does that. Every single time he plays he tries. He grinds and grinds and grinds and tries until he gets it right. That is commendable and admirable. It is what made Harry Kane into the player he is today, as was it with Eriksen.

Are there better footballer players than Moussa Sissoko? Yes. Would I say no to getting one in? No. But I'm not going to sit around and bitch and moan and actively wish illwill on a player that gives his all for the club I love (which sadly, some do. Just look at twitter).

No player (aside from wheelchair) deserves to be a laughing stock. To become a pro athlete in any sport takes a mixture of raw talent, skill and hard work that most mortals don't have.

Workrate is by far the biggest factor in someone becoming a pro football player on a high level. Look at how many young starlets that have been hyped up over the years that end up going nowhere because they don't have the commitment and workrate

Kinda taking it to extremes here. Selling Sissoko doesn't automatically mean we'll sign as lazy arse, if anything is clear by now, it's Poch wont sign a player like that.

This is a transfer thread that talks about the pros and cons of transfers. We're allowed to say we would prefer his place/wage freed up, this doesn't equal player bashing.

Sissoko has been better this year and I can't fault his effort but you're kidding yourself if you think he is the level we need. We are better and require more than just runners... Our team is known for work rate and players who embrace this get a place on the team sheet, those who don't are shown the door!

You can't really talk about Kane or Eriksen in the same breath, that have crazy technical ability, have you seen their vision with passes and the ability to pick and control a ball out the air? Sissoko is no 16 year old, he should be better than he is...

If he stays, good luck to him... Keep running, breaking up play and trying to improve. If he goes I wish him well but am excited as to what his replacement might provide.

Last edited:
I think we should sign him......
Dressed as a court jester doing tricks(juggling,stilt walking,hand stands etc etc)
I reckon he would make great half time entertainment in the new place.
I'm not sure his body could handle that. Janitorial services for me.

It’d be nice to thing that seems we’re in Barcelona we’re at least trying to sign a couple of players from them.. like Denis Suarez and Andre Gomes..

I know.. false hope.

That Ricky Sacks bloke is the biggest scattergun cunt out there.
Fucking hell, we are linked with a player from every club in Europe if he’s to be believed.
I call click bait horseshit.
If he pins enough tails he’s bound to hit the donkeys arse with one of them.
:pochfacepalm:

That Ricky Sacks bloke is the biggest scattergun cunt out there.
Fucking hell, we are linked with a player from every club in Europe if he’s to be believed.
I call click bait horseshit.
If he pins enough tails he’s bound to hit the donkeys arse with one of them.
:pochfacepalm:

You realize he just retweets stuff from other media outlets, right? He never claims for any of it to be true. He’s a good follow because it’s easier than following all those papers.

We have 23 players listed on official site as first team players with 3 on loan. CCV does not get a mention. The 23 include 3 gk's and Walker peters is an extra FB. With 18 required each match day and with 2-4 normally unavailable at any one time, there is not a lot spare. With GKN now on loan we are 1 light in midfield which is the only position I can see anyone joining the first team as opposed to looking for next year. Any other player coming in would result in someone in the present squad leaving on loan like Janssen in September.

Back
Top Bottom