January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Baffles me how any Tottenham fan can have this attitude. It's crazy how so many players are being written off just because they aren't superstars by the age of 18. CCV has been a mainstay in a Sheffield United side fighting for promotion this season and has done very well for himself

Even before his loan I didn't think he'd make it as a top class CB. He doesn't jump that we'll and can be done for pace. I think he'd stand more chance being converted to a DM but as CB his ceiling is similar to that of Wimmer's.

Even before his loan I didn't think he'd make it as a top class CB. He doesn't jump that we'll and can be done for pace. I think he'd stand more chance being converted to a DM but as CB his ceiling is similar to that of Wimmer's.
You're saying that with such great confidence, it's so weird. I'll bet you, you don't know shit about football and haven't even watched him play for the youth teams

Very very interesting:

1. the fat slob entourage boss Kim Jongun going to be OK w the deal?
2. The media covrage especially in Asia will be unbelievable if this ever happens and Han plays OK with Son here.
3. Can Sonny suffice his military duty with keeping an eye on Han at the club for 2 years
4. I can easily fill up a page on this, but lets just see how it rolls out a bit further

You're saying that with such great confidence, it's so weird. I'll bet you, you don't know shit about football and haven't even watched him play for the youth teams

Do you know how Bielsa scouted Pochettino? He went to his home and looked at his legs. Some people just have the eye for it. CCV's frame isn't quite right for a CB and I go by that personally. Bit too stocky, not quite tall enough. Youth team games don't tell you a lot really. The vast majority of youth team players will never make it as professional footballers, so the competition isn't there. CCV may well have a career in football but not for a top 6 club. Poch bought Foyth, is lining up Wilmot plus there's some bright prospects in the youth teams, so I don't think CCV is part of his thinking anymore.

Do you know how Bielsa scouted Pochettino? He went to his home and looked at his legs. Some people just have the eye for it. CCV's frame isn't quite right for a CB and I go by that personally. Bit too stocky, not quite tall enough. Youth team games don't tell you a lot really. The vast majority of youth team players will never make it as professional footballers, so the competition isn't there. CCV may well have a career in football but not for a top 6 club. Poch bought Foyth, is lining up Wilmot plus there's some bright prospects in the youth teams, so I don't think CCV is part of his thinking anymore.
Here is the thing. You are not Bielsa

Likes looking at young men's legs.......

:pochshock2::gallashmm::harryhmm:

Here is the thing. You are not Bielsa
giphy.webp

Very very interesting:

1. the fat slob entourage boss Kim Jongun going to be OK w the deal?
2. The media covrage especially in Asia will be unbelievable if this ever happens and Han plays OK with Son here.
3. Can Sonny suffice his military duty with keeping an eye on Han at the club for 2 years
4. I can easily fill up a page on this, but lets just see how it rolls out a bit further
Yeah, better just stick to looking at the player. He looks super quick, rocket man!

If we need to fill up the CM positions we should be looking at Seri over at Nice. He has been allowed to leave as well since Nice needs the money

He was very close to signing for Barcelona last summer and I agree that he is a very interesting player.

If Barca's interest has cooled off we should definitely look to pounce IMO. Heck, sign a deal where he is allowed to remain at Nice through the season and we unveil him in the summer if that helps

I really rate Seri but I don't think he's as good as Dembele is. And a player like Dembele actually is key in our playstyle against a lot of opponents, just look at the game against Everton. Toughts of Dembele leaving makes me a bit sad to be fair. Winks is very good but a totaly other player who cant make the same inpact against defensive teams I think. If Gomes gets his form back he could be the player we need but that's a big if. I cant think of someone else who can replace Dembele long term altough I heard good things about Oakley-Boothe.

I really rate Seri but I don't think he's as good as Dembele is. And a player like Dembele actually is key in our playstyle against a lot of opponents, just look at the game against Everton. Toughts of Dembele leaving makes me a bit sad to be fair. Winks is very good but a totaly other player who cant make the same inpact against defensive teams I think. If Gomes gets his form back he could be the player we need but that's a big if. I cant think of someone else who can replace Dembele long term altough I heard good things about Oakley-Boothe.
Thing with Dembéle is that we don't know if his body will hold up for a full season anymore. So even if Dembéle started most matches when fit Seri could still get game time. Winks recurring ankle problems could also mean we need some extra backup. Or he could be a good replacement for Sissoko should he leave

Back
Top Bottom