January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CCV would be behind Foyth. He's got no future here, he'll be loaned somewhere then sold in the Summer for 5m tops. MLS might be a good move him, with the American connection.

Just spoke to a Norwich supporting pal. He reckons we've got first refusal on Madison in the summer due to the Edwards deal. He rates him big time
Perfectly fine with that. And if Markus clicks at Norwich we could always send him back on a full season loan this fall to give him a full season of first team football

Been reading poch's book and it seems pretty clear to me that we won't be signing any big names in January. He just doesn't feel that we can add real quality and assimilate them into the squads groupthink in the middle of the season

Been reading poch's book and it seems pretty clear to me that we won't be signing any big names in January. He just doesn't feel that we can add real quality and assimilate them into the squads groupthink in the middle of the season
Most likely true. I think his comments in December were actually more about identifying targets to bring in in the summer. And possibly using January to set up pre-deals.

Seems sensible to me

Poch's teams also always go on monster runs after the holidays. We don't need players to be better in the 2nd half of the season - that's never been a problem under Poch.

Where we need to improve under him is the first part of the year. Whatever is happening there is why we haven't won the past 2 titles.

For those that wish we had the likes of Sane, Sanchez, Hazard. We already have 2 of the finest attackers in the league...

DTnWSxyWsAIk-jT

He’s been so poor at United -29 next week and reliant on pace. Pass.

If united are so willing to let him go why should we want him?
Don't want him but don't judge him on his time under Jose. The manager that's stunting Shaw. Failed to get the best out of De Bruyne and is ruining a prolific goalscorer in Lukaku with the way he sets teams up.

For those that wish we had the likes of Sane, Sanchez, Hazard. We already have 2 of the finest attackers in the league...

DTnWSxyWsAIk-jT

If there is anyone on this forum or who classifies himself as a Spurs fan who would not, feelings aside want any of those 3 players, then they don't know their football.

Hazard and Sanchez are absolutely top grade and Sane getting there but still with a way to go yet.

If there is anyone on this forum or who classifies himself as a Spurs fan who would not, feelings aside want any of those 3 players, then they don't know their football.

Hazard and Sanchez are absolutely top grade and Sane getting there but still with a way to go yet.
I think the point is being made that we already have some of the best in the country. We can't have everyone, not even City can do that.

Yes we can always improve and Hazard and Sanchez in particular offer something different to what we have.

To throw the question back, who from another top club wouldn't want one of Son, Alli or Eriksen?

Back
Top Bottom