January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, since non of your lot will answer the question, I'll pose it to you.

Who in the market, that is currently available from their current club*, that is within a price range Levy is willing to purchase*, will guarantee us a title and/or keep us from getting bumped out of the top 4?

*We don't know shit about who is truly available to purchase and at what price. We actually don't know shit about anything, just what the media lies to us about or what we make up in our minds.

The spurs scouting team and staff have had 6 months to search for viable option upfront. Don't give that me that bullshit of " there's no one available" what the fuck are we paying Mitchall and Co for then? To sit on their ass twiddling their thumbs? There are strikers out there that I'm sure the club have identified.

Who in the market, that is currently available from their current club*, that is within a price range Levy is willing to purchase*, will guarantee us a title and/or keep us from getting bumped out of the top 4?
Problem is that this question is wrong:

There's no signing that can guarantee anything.

If that logic was used for all transfers, then what'd be the point in signing anyone?
Surely most people just think some backup would increase our chances, that's all.

The spurs scouting team and staff have had 6 months to search for viable option upfront. Don't give that me that bullshit of " there's no one available" what the fuck are we paying Mitchall and Co for then? To sit on their ass twiddling their thumbs? There are strikers out there that I'm sure the club have identified.
So then you don't know of any strikers that we can sign that are available that will bump us in glory of winning the league? Gotcha.

Obviously if Poch hasn't added any strikers there is a good reason for it. Like it said, which is the most important point of all of this. We all don't know shit about the transfer window.

That's a very well thought out and logical post, brother.

Can we go back to calling each other cunts now?
You betya.
d16a14ae37cd8b2fb03682ce5bcc78aa.gif

:dierpochhug:

If that logic was used for all transfers, then what'd be the point in signing anyone?
Surely most people just think some backup would increase our chances, that's all.

I think a lot of people feel we already have adequate backup though, and we'd hate to see that backup cunted to the side to make space for someone much less versatile.

I completely agree dude, but I'm proving a point. The point is these guys think if we sign someone that it will guarantee create "that little boost" or automatically prevent our season from disintegrating. It's just not true. We don't know what will happen IF we sign someone and we don't know what will happen if we don't.

we just need that little boost to push on

But if, God forbid, we sign no-one and our season disintegrates

Yeah, but the former logic is the logic being spouted by our coach, so it would seem that it's a viewpoint with some merit.

Being called a 'Levy apologist' because I'm not losing my shit over us not signing someone like fucking Jordan Rhodes is pretty fucking annoying, it has to be said.

I think the real issue here is there isn't going to be any sort of player similar to Kane who is willing to be backup, he's ridiculously good and provides so much more than a threat in the box. Players who offer his level of service to the team are starters, not squad players.

Juande Ramos complains Levy refused to back him, because he wouldn't sign Eto'o. He literally refused to entertain alternatives.
Juande Ramos had one of the most lethal strike partnerships in the PL. Berbatov and Keane. Levy then proceeded to strip him of not one, but both in the same window. Taking the Berba deal to the final seconds and giving the fans the booby prize of Frazer Campbell. Charming. Ramos had his pants pulled down in the headlights. This seems a rather strange episode to use in your unfathomable need to support Daniel Levy

My point is pretty damn obvious actually. Eric Dier isn't a DM. He's a CB. But he has been moved to DM and it's worked out fine. Gareth Bale started out in Left back for us, moved forward and became a world record player.

The point is that just because someone isn't always played in a position, doesn't mean they don't have the skills to play in that position. You can try and argue that Son and Chadli aren't strikers all you want, even though my point was aimed at Don Corleone and not you. But that doesn't mean they don't have the skills to play up front and to play well up front.

The fact I've had to go into detail to explain that is frankly embarrassing however.

You're acting like DM to CB is no big deal yet "wide forward" to "centre forward" is fucking witchcraft!

It's actually embarrassing for you to be totally honest.

and my point was that....

Eric Dier was a DM for Sporting and he played that position before. It's not a new position like you're making it out to be.....much like Bale who played quite a lot of games further forward for Southampton...again not a new position. Add to that these are youngsters that will find it easier converting into a new position (should they have the necessary attributes to play there in the first place).

It's not the same as someone coming in half way through the season (if Kane gets inured) and being asked to play as a LONE striker. Hell even a lot of actual strikers can't play as a lone striker and lead the line...there's a massive difference.

Being called a 'Levy apologist' because I'm not losing my shit over us not signing someone like fucking Jordan Rhodes is pretty fucking annoying, it has to be said.

I think the real issue here is there isn't going to be any sort of player similar to Kane who is willing to be backup, he's ridiculously good and provides so much more than a threat in the box. Players who offer his level of service to the team are starters, not squad players.

Jordan Rhodes hater.

Hernandez has already not cut the mustard in the prem. Berahino would need a month to get up to speed and Rhodes is never good enough in a month of Sundays.

Even then, they won't be the difference between CL or not.

We all know Poch likes to bed in players slowly, so the likelihood is, whoever we get in won't have too many opportunities to be that influential this year anyway.

If the quality is found, I'm all for it. But buying for buying's sake I'm really not up for.
I don't agree with half of that post (the first 2 sentences) but i do appreciate you being able to state your point in a calm fashion.

It's actually embarrassing for you to be totally honest.

and my point was that....

Eric Dier was a DM for Sporting and he played that position before. It's not a new position like you're making it out to be.....much like Bale who played quite a lot of games further forward for Southampton...again not a new position. Add to that these are youngsters that will find it easier converting into a new position (should they have the necessary attributes to play there in the first place).

It's not the same as someone coming in half way through the season (if Kane gets inured) and being asked to play as a LONE striker. Hell even a lot of actual strikers can't play as a lone striker and lead the line...there's a massive difference.

You're so wrong that I'm not even going to continue discussing it with you. You're easily the most narrow minded poster in this whole thread. And that includes a guy whose whole Schtick is hating Levy and not believing the stadium is real.

Edit: Fuck it. I'll humour you. How many games has Son started up front for us, how many goals and assists has he got from those starts up front for us?

Now tell me why he can't play up front for us?

Last edited:
Juande Ramos had one of the most lethal strike partnerships in the PL. Berbatov and Keane. Levy then proceeded to strip him of not of one, but both in the same window. Taking the Berba deal to the final seconds and giving the fans the booby prize of Frazer Campbell. Charming. Ramos had his pants pulled down in the headlights. This seems a rather strange episode to use in your unfathomable need to support Daniel Levy
Have you read Ramos' side?

It's not all on Levy:

Juande Ramos: 'Tottenham won a cup, everyone was happy. Then? Sacked'

And I find you're dancing around the actual issue. We've been let down by managerial mistakes more than a lack of January signings. To claim that's it's all down to signings ignores everything that actually happened.

Almost like your unfathomable need to dig him.

It's like a new training ground, new stadium and a title challenge isn't enough for you.

giphy.gif
I want more. To me, Spurs are the biggest club in the world. He we have the best fans, the best history, the best stadium, the best eveything....But we should always be aiming higher. Its better to succeed aiming high, than to fail aiming low. To Dare Is To Do

You're so wrong that I'm not even going to continue discussing it with you. You're easily the most narrow minded poster in this whole thread. And that includes a guy whose whole Schtick is hating Levy and not believing the stadium is real.
what am i wrong about?
Dier playing DM for Sporting = FACT
Bale playing quite a lot of games further forward for Southampton = FACT
Playing as a lone striker is hard = Opinion but the general consensus would agree.
Younger players finding it easier to convert into a new position = Basically Fact

It's not that i'm wrong...it's that (much like earlier on when you ignored posts when you knew you was wrong) you don't know how to debate properly and resort to insults (calling people twats and all sorts) and claiming people are saying things when they are not (rather than read their post properly)

Just look at our previous interactions earlier on this thread to see what kind of person you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom