January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

48 hours.

facemelt.gif~c200

I'm really glad that we got the issue of finding a binary trading options partner taken care of so early in the window. That's one less distraction keeping us from focusing on winning the league.

I heard levy is speaking to barca about a straight swap with fazio to barca and Messi to us.

Also levy is then off to Madrid with bale back on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy for £2m next season. Levy will only offer £1.9m, so its in the balance

Also heard eriksen is homesick so levy speaking to the Danish government about towing Denmark across the north sea so Erik can move back home and still play for spurs. Expect this to go to the wire as tug boat rates are higher in January as the waves in the sea are bigger.

In the know, in the pub all day

Blimey, and we thought Man City had a big squad... how can they justify over 2000 players at one club,
that's just stockpiling, surely? ....there's hardly any room for their squad numbers...

oh.

Last edited:
i dont understand the denial on here, i like the team we have but it is lacking upfront, testament to them for racking up a good goal difference (one of the best in the league) but the truth of the matter is our strength lies in defence with that core of lloris, vert, toby and dier. Upfront we are great (especially kane) , Eriksen and Lamela are technical players albeit a bit lightweight, not the type of players who can win a physical battle, the same goes for Chadli and Son.
Lamela can't win a physical battle? Against who? The kid's elbowed most of the league in the face at this point and is the dirtiest Spurs player I've seen in a long time. Chadli's bigger than many centrebacks. Really not seeing this lack of physicality, especially compared to other Premier League teams.

How many watched Dier, Alli, Lamela or Son?

Just because people haven't watched them play doesn't mean they won't be a success.

Look at Ronaldo.. No one had really heard of him, Sir Alex and co had done the leg work in scouting and it paid off.

Not saying it will be the same at all but football transfers are about gambles.

I don't even like football or know who spurs are.

I just want to see a striker signed because everyone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom